Soundbar discussion Thread III {consolidated}

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ed.YEO

Banned
Reaction score
... Please advise if I miss out on any settings or something wrong with the soundbar.
如果你嘅SoundBar一直显示"STARTING UP"的话。。。恭喜你啦!同我一样,可以丢晒架机啦!

PHILIPS BluRay SoundBar组合声靓,影正,但系问题多多。
轻就顶得过一年,但系你要忍受系统唔稳定,改佐全区的DVD播放会多次番3区设定。
重咧如果顶唔过一年,你架机内的主电板会烧佐,完全操作唔到。

lostboyz

Reaction score
Hey guys I can't believe it, I just bought Fidelio B5 for $499 display set at courts. Super good deal! Saw YSP-3300 selling for $800+ !

BanGzi

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hey guys I can't believe it, I just bought Fidelio B5 for $499 display set at courts. Super good deal! Saw YSP-3300 selling for $800+ !

good hoot.

was it at the post it show expo by courts?

lostboyz

Reaction score
Can I check if I can lay the fidelio b5 subwoofer horizontal instead of vertical? Because I'm having a suspended tv console, so laying it horizontal seems neater.

Rockstar84

Reaction score
I am trying to get a decent soundbar for my new place. Not really sure which one and where to get. Also tried to go check out the Philips B5, but never got a chance to test, item was unavailable at the places I went.

I went to Adelphi - high end audio systems
Harvey norman & courts - selling samsung, sony & lg soundbars.
I so far tested the sony soundbars CT380
CT780
RT5
NT3

I need something which gives a decent sound for movies and songs. Any recommendations would be appreaciated.

lunarsong

Reaction score
I am trying to get a decent soundbar for my new place. Not really sure which one and where to get. Also tried to go check out the Philips B5, but never got a chance to test, item was unavailable at the places I went.

I went to Adelphi - high end audio systems
Harvey norman & courts - selling samsung, sony & lg soundbars.
I so far tested the sony soundbars CT380
CT780
RT5
NT3

I need something which gives a decent sound for movies and songs. Any recommendations would be appreaciated.

have u visited best denki @ vivocity? they hv quite a range of soundbars for testing

focus1974

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hey.. after using the htl9100 for a few months.. i still cannot get used to the virtual front channel (which is almost non-existent).

I was thinking of getting a AV receiver.
do you think the AV receiver will be able to hook up the fidelio htl9100 for the left/right/rear surround and I will be buying a separate front center speaker to connect toth reciver.

Atb

Reaction score
hey.. after using the htl9100 for a few months.. i still cannot get used to the virtual front channel (which is almost non-existent).

I was thinking of getting a AV receiver.
do you think the AV receiver will be able to hook up the fidelio htl9100 for the left/right/rear surround and I will be buying a separate front center speaker to connect toth reciver.

Dun think it works this way. Unless you are using preout from avr for surrounds to your soundbar which might not have these inputs. Too many issues like different tonal qualities of the speakers and amplifier set up for amplified and preout channels. You are better off just buying a new set of 5.1 speakers with an avr.

focus1974

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Dun think it works this way. Unless you are using preout from avr for surrounds to your soundbar which might not have these inputs. Too many issues like different tonal qualities of the speakers and amplifier set up for amplified and preout channels. You are better off just buying a new set of 5.1 speakers with an avr.

Thanks...
ya.. i just saw a yamaha receiver plus yamaha 5.1 speaker set for only $800++ at harvey.. Tested it and I found it it excellent for my taste.

Think the HTL9100 is too small for my living-cum-dining area which spans 3m by 6m.... But it will be excellent inside a bedroom.

Who wants to buy my HTL9100?? :) Give me ur best price.. bought in end july last year

Milo-Dino

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks...
ya.. i just saw a yamaha receiver plus yamaha 5.1 speaker set for only $800++ at harvey.. Tested it and I found it it excellent for my taste.

Think the HTL9100 is too small for my living-cum-dining area which spans 3m by 6m.... But it will be excellent inside a bedroom.

Who wants to buy my HTL9100?? :) Give me ur best price.. bought in end july last year
Sounds like a good yamaha set.

Can sic model number?

Sent from INO 3 using GAGT

Zeltos

Master Member
Reaction score
For those who are interested to get a good quality soundbar. Please do yourself a favorite n go audit Heos Honecinema Soundbar before decide to open your wallet. Trust me, you will be amazed by the sound.

focus1974

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
For those who are interested to get a good quality soundbar. Please do yourself a favorite n go audit Heos Honecinema Soundbar before decide to open your wallet. Trust me, you will be amazed by the sound.

how much?? and where to audition?

alxneo75

Reaction score
Hi guys...

Recently my old Skool 5.1 system starts to have cracking sound....

Would like to get a soundbar to replace it....

Any recommendations under the budget of $300....

Mainly for watching movies and sometimes will blast some music when in relaxing mood...

TIA...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.