Any tailors in Bangkok to recommend?

CeSaRiO

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyway, i'm finally back to my hotel and it's time for me to post my official review of my tailor-escapade here in Bangkok. My stay here was for 6 days 6 nights with the sole purpose of making my workwears.

Maybe to start off, just a disclaimer that this is solely my opinion and i'm not paid in whatsoever way to write this review. In this review, I will take the photos I've taken photos of myself with the final products as a form of testimony for the bros here to have a reference rather that just recommending and not having an idea what's going on.

Jesse & Son
Location: Opposite of Terminal 21, Asok BTS. Along the stretch of The Westin Bangkok.

Appt made: Monday 10.30am
Final Product received: Thursday 6pm

ZH4hjJs.jpg

ueCWVzE.jpg

Jesse and Son is a family-run business with Manop, the son, leading the business. Manop himself, prior to the tailoring business, has been in the fashion industry for about 10 over years working with big brand names before settling down to run this shop with his father. Manop is able to provide you with sound advice when required and he is not pushy about selling you a material. In fact, he stopped me from buying a wool tie when i shared with him that I'm an abuser to my ties.

On Monday, when I meet him for the second time, we did a review of what we've spoken on last month (when i first walked into the shop, and shared with him that I'm here to look around and he educated me with the types of fabrics in the shop he have). I stick to my previous choice of the 12500baht (which is now 13000 baht since the price has increased). Manop was kind enough to charge me the price that he quoted me previously as a gentleman agreement. Impressive! The whole measurement and the details required for the suit took me about an hour and a half. At this point of time, what I've made was just a suit (jacket + pant) and a 1500 baht cotton shirt.

I came back on Tuesday evening around 6pm to do my first fitting. The shirt and pants have been adequately completed but of a much larger size. Manop advised me that this is usually their practice as once it has been made bigger, it is easy to scale down. And I do agree very much as well because once you've put the clothes on, that's where you'll be able to see where the amendments should be made. The jacket was semi completed but I am very happy to know that the main part of the jacket has been adequately completed. The length of the jacket as well as the markings are on as well.

Wednesday, I've been asked to come back for a final fitting to see how the whole suit blends in. The suit was pretty well made, but for someone like me, I am at times, very meticulous and anal about how it should be worn. But having to voice this out to Manop, Manop shared with me that he's glad to know because being very straightforward with him, makes his job a much easier task. At this juncture, Manop and I have clicked pretty well and we were already crapping about lots of stuffs. While I had some adjustments that I've wanted to make, Manop spotted some as well and we've sent in for a final adjustments before collection.

Thursday (which was just hours ago), I've picked up the set from him, wore it and I have to say it is above my expectation. Here's a picture of the set that I've made for the bros here to see. Face cropped because I looked like someone kenna buang by a car.

P.S: Please pardon my double button on my blazer as well as the fat tummy. If any bros who kinda know who am I, please keep quiet hor :s13: (I've knew of some sinkies over the last few days making their stuffs in the shop).

2ss6iD8.jpg

End of review for Jesse & Son.

Last edited:

CeSaRiO

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Next: Boss Avenue

What I've done:
6 sets of shirts, with 2 sets being casual. (3 x from 1k baht range and the rest from 1350 baht range if im correct)
3 sets of working pants, 2 from the 1500 baht range and 1 from the lower range.

Outstanding:

Boss Avenue is a cheap, good for value money tailor with pretty decent amount of fabrics offered to customers. Although the shop may looked pretty rundown, but let's face it, their price point is very attractive. When I first went in, the first person I've went to look for, is Dave. Dave is the big guy here who's running the show.

Some things to take note of before coming:
1. Always have an idea of what clothes you've want to do, and have an idea of your colour theme. Although they've got tons of choices, trust me, once you've start seeing each of it of different segments (1k baht, 1150 baht and 1350 baht), I can guarantee you that you'll be lost, and you'll have a big headache. Choosing of fabrics and thinking of what designs you'll like is indeed very shag. :s13:
2. Prepare ample time. -1 day from your departure date and give it to him. Dave will usually schedule evening fittings so that his factory can have ample time churning the clothes out for you. The traffic here in Bangkok is utterly bad and i can guarantee you, even their courier bikers will get stuck in the jam.
3. Please do not prepare any back-to-back events especially when you're tailoring your clothes. If this trip you decide to tailor your clothes, make this your priority.

I've came back for fitting every other evening just like how I've went to Jesse & Son. My personal experience is that:
1. No matter what size you tailor, there will be a slight difference in measurements. Do try every piece and don't assume that all is made well to measurement.
2. Do factor the fabrics as some maybe stretchy. Among my 6 shirts, 2 required additional adjustments and is due for collection later. Well, my expectation wasn't that high since this is a lower budget shop, but I'm really happy they're able to produce decent quality clothes.
3. Boss Avenue tends to have a more "slim cut" approach and if you do not like slim cutting, pleas let them know beforehand. I do like slim-size cutting and their approach works well in my favour.

I've attached some shots of me with my Boss Avenue clothes, please do give me some leeway as I'm quite a fatty guy.

My casual top:
AYXYc6c.jpg

My normal Monday Blue top
eAGkzYI.jpg

My "need-to-be-prim-and-proper" set
VOvBvE5.jpg

Last edited:

vbkk88

Reaction score
Knn talking behind my back again!! I prefer to dress simple leh. Smart casual can already. Dun expect me to suit up to go clubs rite. 555

Survivelater

Reaction score
how much would it cost if only buy suit jacket?
which store to recommend for starters? with ard 200sgd budget.

Last edited:

hosehbo?

Master Member
Reaction score
I think jesse and son got cheaper for suits ah. Like 8k or so. For jacket only will be cheaper.

CeSaRiO

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
how much would it cost if only buy suit jacket?
which store to recommend for starters? with ard 200sgd budget.

If you ask me, 200 budget you can push a bit, can do Boss Avenue, since they're the cheapest and bang for bucks. Otherwise, you can try some shops in MBK centre.

I think jesse and son got cheaper for suits ah. Like 8k or so. For jacket only will be cheaper.

Well, monetarily speaking, yes you can do cheaper suits within Jesse & Son. But one thing you gotta take note is that, are you able to accept the cheaper fabric? If you're able to, please go ahead. I wasn't able to accept the cheaper ones at 9500 baht and i went with the 12500 baht (now 13000 baht). End of the day, everyone has different expectations and budget.

Steyr69

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Well, monetarily speaking, yes you can do cheaper suits within Jesse & Son. But one thing you gotta take note is that, are you able to accept the cheaper fabric? If you're able to, please go ahead. I wasn't able to accept the cheaper ones at 9500 baht and i went with the 12500 baht (now 13000 baht). End of the day, everyone has different expectations and budget.

Thanks for the pics and reviews.
I think you look absolutely stunning.....nice small beard....look nice.

The cutting is good.

I belong to those small size kind. Average off the shelf Biz shirt dun fit me well.
Normally I go Batam to buy becoz they cater to small size guy.
Maybe becoz Batam local guys quite small size.

Maybe next time go BKK will make a few biz n casual shirts....

Pants is another headache.....for me.....off the shelf slim is too tight for me....roomy is too baggy....
And definitely have to cut off the leg becoz I have short legs....:s22:

Survivelater

Reaction score
If you ask me, 200 budget you can push a bit, can do Boss Avenue, since they're the cheapest and bang for bucks. Otherwise, you can try some shops in MBK centre.

with 200sgd budget can push abit, then what can i get? suit? shirt? pants?
sorry, i am just a noob :s22:

CeSaRiO

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the pics and reviews.
I think you look absolutely stunning.....nice small beard....look nice.

The cutting is good.

I belong to those small size kind. Average off the shelf Biz shirt dun fit me well.
Normally I go Batam to buy becoz they cater to small size guy.
Maybe becoz Batam local guys quite small size.

Maybe next time go BKK will make a few biz n casual shirts....

Pants is another headache.....for me.....off the shelf slim is too tight for me....roomy is too baggy....
And definitely have to cut off the leg becoz I have short legs....:s22:

Haha thanks for the compliments. That mini beard was meant to make me looked a little aged since I looked younger than my age to start off.

I guessed in the case of Bangkok, tailored clothes has been a competitive market since years ago, therefore, the basic standard quality there should be higher than than most countries. Well, if you had the time, do drop by any of the tailors that most bros recommended to try. :)

What i strongly urge you is to be as anal as you can to your tailor. End of the day, for the more reputable ones, you're also wearing their signboard on your clothes. By being anal at them, you wearing a good piece of clothes is a win-win situation to you and your tailor. So remember to let them know your preference.. :s22:

with 200sgd budget can push abit, then what can i get? suit? shirt? pants?
sorry, i am just a noob :s22:

Well, you can drop by Boss Avenue to try to make a basic set of suit. I've posted the charges a couple of pages back for reference. :s22:

TiggerD

Reaction score
Trunk Show

Hey Bros, I just got an email from TOT. They are coming to Singapore for a trunk show, 12-15th May, not sure if I can attend due to work but thinking about it. I ordered a suit on last one and it's my favourite suit, took a little long to arrive though. Any other Bangkok tailors coming to Sing?

athenodorus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hey Bros, I just got an email from TOT. They are coming to Singapore for a trunk show, 12-15th May, not sure if I can attend due to work but thinking about it. I ordered a suit on last one and it's my favourite suit, took a little long to arrive though. Any other Bangkok tailors coming to Sing?

not sure if Admire Tailor is still around in SG. they texted me about it but since i'm going to bkk in May, i deleted the sms. oops.

CeSaRiO

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Usually it will be Pinky or Crown Tailor that will come to Singapore on a regular basis.

TOT sure sounds cool. Wouldn't mind checking them on during that period of time.

jimbb80

Reaction score
Hi,

Just checking - did you notice if they have any books or is the cloth just lined up everywhere in rolls?

I honestly have a difficult time knowing the materials so I appreciate it when its labeled (although they can easily like about that)

Thanks

For this, I'll probably be able to give you an introduction next week when I'm there :s13:

Does Crown, Boss and Pinky have books with the fabrics like we find here in Singapore?

I recall popping by the stores a couple of years ago and think it was just rolls of fabric. I assume they carry Soktas and Thomas Mason?

Thanks

CeSaRiO

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Just checking - did you notice if they have any books or is the cloth just lined up everywhere in rolls?

I honestly have a difficult time knowing the materials so I appreciate it when its labeled (although they can easily like about that)

Thanks

Does Crown, Boss and Pinky have books with the fabrics like we find here in Singapore?

I recall popping by the stores a couple of years ago and think it was just rolls of fabric. I assume they carry Soktas and Thomas Mason?

Thanks

Most tailors will line their bolt of cloth in their shop for your reference, otherwise you CSN simply ask for the book.

I'm not sure for Crown and Pinky as I've to step into their shops yet :s13:

For Soktas and Thomas Mason fabrics I think you'll need to PM them for availability :o

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.