Soundbar discussion Thread III {consolidated}

Status
Not open for further replies.

Se3h3nG

Reaction score
hi guys, any feedback on yamaha YSP 2500 vs YSP 4300?? Confuse between this 2.... Or is there any other recommendation? budget around 2 to 3k.... and if 4300 is worthwhile or got slightly better ones by topping up alittle more, i am ok with it... please help~~~~ As i need to purchase ASAP as ID needs to set spacing for it liao....

Last edited:

chrisvin

Reaction score
Techincally YSP 4300 of coz is better but much more expensive.

If money no a issue of course take 4300 but if your living room is not that big, YSP 2500 could be powerful enough to drive the sound around.

Just my 2 cents worth :)

nWo

Reaction score
Hi guys,

My wife has mandated that she does not want the TV to be on when the kid is in the living room, however I would like to have the sound turned on (I am a fan of Taiwanese political debates). My feed is coming from an Android set-top box (which comes with HDMI and RCA and with no optical out).

If I were to buy a soundbar, what are the inputs I need to have in order to achieve the above? i.e. TV turned off (or TV turned on but display turned off - is it possible?) but sound is available.

Thanks for any heads-up.

I was looking at the Yamaha YSP-2500, Denon Heos HomeCinema & the Naim Mu-So (or Mu-So QB).

Milo-Dino

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

My wife has mandated that she does not want the TV to be on when the kid is in the living room, however I would like to have the sound turned on (I am a fan of Taiwanese political debates). My feed is coming from an Android set-top box (which comes with HDMI and RCA and with no optical out).

If I were to buy a soundbar, what are the inputs I need to have in order to achieve the above? i.e. TV turned off (or TV turned on but display turned off - is it possible?) but sound is available.

Thanks for any heads-up.

I was looking at the Yamaha YSP-2500, Denon Heos HomeCinema & the Naim Mu-So (or Mu-So QB).
U just need a soundbar with arc.

Ysp 2500 can.. U can off the TV and just choose hdmi option from the soundbar

Sent from Xiaomi REDMI 3 using GAGT

tonyep

Reaction score
hi guys, any feedback on yamaha YSP 2500 vs YSP 4300?? Confuse between this 2.... Or is there any other recommendation? budget around 2 to 3k.... and if 4300 is worthwhile or got slightly better ones by topping up alittle more, i am ok with it... please help~~~~ As i need to purchase ASAP as ID needs to set spacing for it liao....

With that budget, go for the YSP-5600. It's $2600.

nWo

Reaction score
For Yamaha YSP2500, is it price controlled? Any cheaper price than $1399?

Also due to dimensions in living room my left side is a balcony glass 1.5m away and my right side is the main door which is like 8.5m away... do you think i will get the surround sound effect?

Sent from Samsung SM-N910G using GAGT

Milo-Dino

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
For Yamaha YSP2500, is it price controlled? Any cheaper price than $1399?

Also due to dimensions in living room my left side is a balcony glass 1.5m away and my right side is the main door which is like 8.5m away... do you think i will get the surround sound effect?

Sent from Samsung SM-N910G using GAGT
got pple say can buy from indonesia at half the price... but i didn't..

instead gotten via qoo10 audiohouse with voucher.. just above 1200+

My house also similiar to yours but I haven't really tested movie yet.. maybe tonight got time go try

Milo-Dino

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
got pple say can buy from indonesia at half the price... but i didn't..

instead gotten via qoo10 audiohouse with voucher.. just above 1200+

My house also similiar to yours but I haven't really tested movie yet.. maybe tonight got time go try
Tested lotr part 3 last night... Didn't dare to on too loud since I only got home at 10+..

Small bit when frodo was on Mount doom. The sound effects wise I'm satisfied. Gives a clear sense of direction where the actions are. The eagles appearing... Tower collapsing etc

Ed.YEO

Banned
Reaction score
下個礼拜就系飛立浦年中嘉年华促销会啦!
到时睇下Fidelo B5或者HTL9100有無特别價啦!

chrisvin

Reaction score
This is complicated, depends on your actual layout and ultimately what is more impt.

Is like last time DD vs DTS, one system tend to have more bass the other had better surround...something like that; in very general terms :O

devilcup

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I rather u save up and wait for price to drop. 1600 got no sub I think

It always fluctuate.

Well YSP 1600 does not comes with subwoofer but it has an output for one,that my understanding. We can get other active sub i guess. for the current promo @$799, it is relatively good deal. test the sound effect, i think this is good enuff for my new hse to come. was thinking to get YSP 2500 initially.

TrueB1ue

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
dolby_atmos.gif

tv-logos.jpg

RRPS$7000

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.