The Hair Thread - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

whysoliddat

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
By vilain. You can try. Ask here no use. Everyone tell you different thing. Lol.
Buy this buy that. Lol
Ish true.

You should buy this instead! Made from vegetable!!!
eqsfbhNl.jpg

Sent from my Den Den Mushi using GAGT

nichsong

Reaction score
Actually, based on the info you've given us, abit hard to recommend. Have u heard of the term pre-styling yet? Something to explore :) Personally I find pre styling to be the most important step for me, in which the post styling / finishing products (the ones you're looking at) tend to work best only after I've pre-styled my hair. A good pre-styler to look at? Sea salt spray. This is something you can ask leejhong and gaoxing84 about. Absorbs moisture and oil that otherwise weighs the hair down, and gives a heck lot of volume with decent hold. Game changer for me, really.

To answer your question about post styling / finishing products - like what gaoxing84 said, different people will recommend different things. You really have to start by exploring and narrowing down on what properties of the finishing product you want. Shine vs Matte, Medium Hold vs Strong Hold (Not all strong hold products work well all the time. Depends on your hair type and texture too) There really is a lot more to the hair game than a simple one-magic-product-fits-all that people tend to misunderstand about. Gaoxing84 bro will vouch for that, haha. Take the time to explore, read posts and reviews so you can find out roughly what you want out of a product, before deciding to buy any.

So, I should get by villian as my first non Gatsby hair styling product?

Sent from my toaster oven using GAGT

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Actually, based on the info you've given us, abit hard to recommend. Have u heard of the term pre-styling yet? Something to explore :) Personally I find pre styling to be the most important step for me, in which the post styling / finishing products (the ones you're looking at) tend to work best only after I've pre-styled my hair. A good pre-styler to look at? Sea salt spray. This is something you can ask leejhong and gaoxing84 about. Absorbs moisture and oil that otherwise weighs the hair down, and gives a heck lot of volume with decent hold. Game changer for me, really.

To answer your question about post styling / finishing products - like what gaoxing84 said, different people will recommend different things. You really have to start by exploring and narrowing down on what properties of the finishing product you want. Shine vs Matte, Medium Hold vs Strong Hold (Not all strong hold products work well all the time. Depends on your hair type and texture too) There really is a lot more to the hair game than a simple one-magic-product-fits-all that people tend to misunderstand about. Gaoxing84 bro will vouch for that, haha. Take the time to explore, read posts and reviews so you can find out roughly what you want out of a product, before deciding to buy any.

Yes thank you.
Couldn't say it better.

And another thing to note is that skills to styling your hair could affect. Learn how your hair works and from there learn how to style.

kosongice

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Thank you for the detailed reply man, really appreciate it! Yea, only found out recently (in fact just yesterday) about pre-styling and all, haha. All I've been doing so far is shampoo, towel dry, Gatsby hahaha. Sometimes lazy to even blow dry.

Guess it'll take some commitment haha.

Anyway I've purchased Gold Digger to try it out. Hope it works for me!

nichsong

Reaction score
Great to see you on the way to a better hair routine! By Vilain is a decent brand to try out :) I'd strongly recommend you consider pre-styling though, am sure you'll be amazed at the results it can bring. Sea Salt Spray ftw!

Thank you for the detailed reply man, really appreciate it! Yea, only found out recently (in fact just yesterday) about pre-styling and all, haha. All I've been doing so far is shampoo, towel dry, Gatsby hahaha. Sometimes lazy to even blow dry.

Guess it'll take some commitment haha.

Anyway I've purchased Gold Digger to try it out. Hope it works for me!

dj_flame

Reaction score
Hair products are like girls.

You will never know what you like until you have had a test run.

So in all honesty, advice on what or what no to buy is pretty irrelevant. Just go out and try.

:s22:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.