Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kusanagi

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The room faces west and the window span across that whole wall.
So yes, it does get quite a bit of sunlight in the afternoon to evening.

However, base on some formula I found online, with that considered, 9000B still be sufficient for that room size.
So my concern now is whether the higher airflow will lead to lesser humidity being remove from the room.

if you have taken the size, Windows and heat into consideration and have chosen 9k BTU, you wouldn't face the problem of high humidity nor the room not being cold enough

if you have 9k(slower) compared to 12k(faster)

the slower one will cool your room slower, but giving you more time to clear humidity

so if it's fast, your room will be cold faster, but when your room reaches the desired temp, the air con cycle will stop, resulting in humidity in the room not being cleared out

Last edited:

TigerzBeer

Reaction score
Wats the installation materials they provided and how much did u pay for? Which company? Starmex is out for me cos I don't like their ad :)

I am using Supreme Air Pte Ltd as mentioned earlier in this thread. http://www.lazada.sg/supreme-air-services-pte-ltd/

So far so good with the experience of engaging, site-visit and installing :) As for material, I did not ask for better material, just told them to run new piping and cable like my old Toshiba.

I paid $2,880 last yr for MHI system3. Now I saw Mit Daiya System 3 of similiar compressor at $2,699. You can call and verify, cheers!

Jurong640

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just enquired gc, Mits Starmex 2 ticks inverter vs Mits Starmex 5 ticks.

They advise me not to get the newest 5 ticks mits starmex if your home is those old HDB with big living rooms and rooms. It is because the compressor is smaller, btu is lesser. Compressor smaller power hence rooms may not be cold as fast. One important thing they told me is the compressor is noisy. Hence if its outside your bedroom, ot will be noisy. Its claimed by manyy customers. Althoughits energy saving 5 ticks.

System 4, (18,000 BTU x1, 9,000 BTU x3)

The other starmex is 2 ticks. (24,000 BTU, 9,000 BTU X3), with option to upgrade to 12,000 BTU. Am considering this 2 ticks one.

Any suggestions ?

lingcw

Reaction score
if you have taken the size, Windows and heat into consideration and have chosen 9k BTU, you wouldn't face the problem of high humidity nor the room not being cold enough

if you have 9k(slower) compared to 12k(faster)

the slower one will cool your room slower, but giving you more time to clear humidity

so if it's fast, your room will be cold faster, but when your room reaches the desired temp, the air con cycle will stop, resulting in humidity in the room not being cleared out

I see, your explanation makes sense.
So guess I will have to decide whether I want fast cooling or better humidity control.
Thanks.

moozmoow

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, i got this quote for 3.1k:

Model : MXY-3A28VA, 3 x MSY- GE10VA

23swg copper coil, 3/4" class 1 Armaflex insulation, sigma wire and 16mm drain pipes

Thing is, i tried searching for 3/4" class 1 Armaflex but like it's not mentioned anywhere.. I see 1/2" or 3/8" is commonly used, so is this guy is smoking me?

Last edited:

stream3r

Reaction score
Yes, MHI has the 3D control feature meaning the controller can use to set 6 up/down, 8 left/right direction.

I just used the "Clean" feature(after a year of installing, haha) whereby the aircon can auto-clean itself internally. This cleaning take 2 hr, just wonder will it be good or not...

Just another note, the controller has many button for various setting. Some may not like it as other brands has lesser buttons. and the operating manual written by the Japanese suck, had a hard time to understand what it mean....:p

May I know where did you buy your MHI aircon from and does it include any maintenance package? Tks.

markz39

Reaction score
just got a new aircon installed.

mitsu starmex mxy 4g28va compressor, 3x msxy-fj10ve and 1x msxy-fj13ve. been using for a week. it feels really cold in my room with setting the temps to 25-26 degs.

is there any benefits of using the "i feel"/ auto mode on the aircon? and is it recommended to set to fan before turning off?

Last edited:

tkl23786

Master Member
Reaction score
just got a new aircon installed.

mitsu starmex mxy 4g28va compressor, 3x msxy-fj10ve and 1x msxy-fj13ve. been using for a week. it feels really cold in my room with setting the temps to 25-26 degs.

is there any benefits of using the "i feel"/ auto mode on the aircon? and is it recommended to set to fan before turning off?

"I Feel" mode uses the sensors to detect the temperature and humidity of the room.

"I Feel" is a 2-in-1 mode. There is a "Cool" mode and a "Dry" mode combined into "I Feel". When you switch on the aircon, there will be a few minutes of the aircon detecting the temperature and humidity (no air will be blowing). After a few minutes, the aircon will start to blow cool air. This is the "Cool" mode. The default temp is 25 degree Celsius. Once the temperature of the room has reached 25 degree Celsius, the aircon will switch to "Dry" mode. In "Dry" mode, the temp will maintain at 25 degree Celsius while bringing down the humidity to 60%.

In essence, "I Feel" mode is actually a hybrid of "Cool" and "Dry" mode. "Cool" mode to quickly cool the room to 25 degree Celsius and "Dry" mode to maintain the humidity at 60%.

Personally, I use "I Feel" mode. I don't like the "Econo Cool" mode as I don't feel cool enough (in my opinion). "Cool" mode is the most power consuming mode and "Dry" mode is the least power consuming but it will take a long time to cool the room. So. "I Feel" mode to me is the best as it can cool the room fast using "Cool" mode and then auto-switch to "Dry" mode to maintain temperature and humidity and at the same time, conserve power.

As for setting to fan mode before turning the aircon off, I don't think is necessary. At least I have seldom heard people talking about it to be of significant importance.

lsyean8

Reaction score
Hi, I've been using Toshiba Brand for almost 17years, thinking of changing due to loud compressor noise . Even though my system 5 still in working condition.
Thinking of Daikin with 3 yrs warranty , may i know if contractor removing old ones require additional charges ? tq.

lsyean8

Reaction score
As above... looking into air conditioning 3 bedrooms and the living room.. my contractor quoted me $3.7k for a 4:1(2 compressors inside) toshiba system with inverter.

is it expensive?

any lobang/recommendations?

is daikin or mitsubishi better?

Daikin Way to go.

wwh5210

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi, I've been using Toshiba Brand for almost 17years, thinking of changing due to loud compressor noise . Even though my system 5 still in working condition.
Thinking of Daikin with 3 yrs warranty , may i know if contractor removing old ones require additional charges ? tq.

Daikin promotion ends at 30th June 2015 so better act fast. Installation must be done by 30th June 2015 to get 3 year extended warranty. Removing old one should be FOC for most of the vendors.

lsyean8

Reaction score
Daikin promotion ends at 30th June 2015 so better act fast. Installation must be done by 30th June 2015 to get 3 year extended warranty. Removing old one should be FOC for most of the vendors.

Thanks for your advice.
Chk if you done your installation ? thinking of system 4.

wwh5210

Master Member
Reaction score
Yes, prefer Daikin as well cos they are the only Brand which specialized in Air-Con. =:p

One of the vendor quoted me Daikin system 2 (FTKS25DVM x 2 + 3MKS50FSG)@ $2150 (labor + tools + installation). Good deal?

Materials used: SWG22 copper pipe, Armaflex 1/2, 16mm drainage pipe, Keystons or Tai Sin control cables.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.