The Hair Thread - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

whatme

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, what kind pomade would you reccommend for someone who sweats alot? Where can I purchase such haircare products online ?
Don't even consider pomade when you sweat alot.. Who knows it clogs your hair pores then u get pimples.

Alot of people get Pomade because of trend. It's wrong. Choose something suits you.

Either dynamite clay or mmb. Or nothing at all. Hahaha

Sent from Sony E6853 using GAGT

darthsid11111

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I am using clay now but no matter how much I use, my hair always fall down 3 hours after styling. Even with hair spray
This will be a controversial choice but consider Quicksand.

It's super dry and has better hold than most products mentioned here despite smelling a back off putting. I personally find it quite enjoyable to use.

Sent from LGE LG-H815 using GAGT

dj_flame

Reaction score
I am using clay now but no matter how much I use, my hair always fall down 3 hours after styling. Even with hair spray

It's super dry and has better hold than most products mentioned here despite smelling a back off putting. I personally find it quite enjoyable to use.
Tbh product is not the answer - it's more likely to knowing how to blowdry and use styling tools.

You should ask the professional who cuts your hair also. I've actually learnt a ton about styling hair and letting it stay in place, just by talking to my hair stylist whenever I visit..

nichsong

Reaction score
Agreed, Quicksand provides good hold and volume for fine hair, but at the expense of really drying out the hair - at least in my experience. I've noticed that products such as Quicksand and SSS - which tend to remove excess oil tend to work better in our climate for a couple of main reasons -

#1: Our hair type - Most of us have the "asian" hair type, which is mostly quite limp and flat. So it can't take much weight, hence voluminous (poofy) hairstyles tend to be abit more difficult to hold up.
#1: Our SG climate - Humidity - Moisture settles on our hair, adding extra weight which in turn weighs the hairstyle down.

These two added together contributes to many of the issues we have with our hairstyles not holding well. Can say that we're rather suay la.

Which is why I say products like Quicksand and SSS make our hairstyles much more durable. This is because they absorb all that moisture and oils etc that would otherwise weigh the hair down.

Wathen

Reaction score
How is the holding strength of gold digger vs dynamic clay? I just bought gold digger and I saw you guys talking about how good dynamic clay is for when sweating.

nichsong

Reaction score
On paper, Gold Digger is supposed to have the higher holding strength. But for some of the members here we've found Dynamite Clay to work better. Which reminds me, I should pick up my tub of Gold Digger and give it a try again haha. Don't fret tho.. I've used Gold Digger before. Held my hair pretty much all day when used with seasalt spray as a pre-styler.

How is the holding strength of gold digger vs dynamic clay? I just bought gold digger and I saw you guys talking about how good dynamic clay is for when sweating.

d4rkm4st3r

Master Member
Reaction score
those that use By Vilain's Wax/Clay, dont u find it super difficult to wash? Also any shampoo that u guys use and its very effective to wash off the wax?

just got a hair cut and hair stylist say my hair and scalp oily.. high chance becos i never wash off the wax thoroughly..

darthsid11111

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
those that use By Vilain's Wax/Clay, dont u find it super difficult to wash? Also any shampoo that u guys use and its very effective to wash off the wax?

just got a hair cut and hair stylist say my hair and scalp oily.. high chance becos i never wash off the wax thoroughly..
Byvillain ok lah. You want something with lasting hold is like that one..

whatme

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Then you should try styling your hair with gatsby. U can even shampoo and dry your hair.

You could actually continue styling your hair with the leftover wax that can't be washed easily on your hair. LOL.

By Vilain quite good liao

deaththeorist

Master Member
Reaction score

Not as bad as hdf quicksand by a long shot... 3 days later ur hair still have quicksand inside

Sent from me using GAGT

d4rkm4st3r

Master Member
Reaction score
Then you should try styling your hair with gatsby. U can even shampoo and dry your hair.

You could actually continue styling your hair with the leftover wax that can't be washed easily on your hair. LOL.

By Vilain quite good liao

LOL I never say by villain not good! I find it's quite good ..

I just find that it's very hard to wash away.. So was wondering if u guys have any good shampoo that can wash it effectively..

darthsid11111

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
LOL I never say by villain not good! I find it's quite good ..

I just find that it's very hard to wash away.. So was wondering if u guys have any good shampoo that can wash it effectively..
Washing technique lah bro.

Shampoo twice. Lather the shanpoo in your hair once then follow up with a second dose of shampoo. First time to remove the product second time to cleanse your hair.

whysoliddat

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Washing technique lah bro.

Shampoo twice. Lather the shanpoo in your hair once then follow up with a second dose of shampoo. First time to remove the product second time to cleanse your hair.

4jS7Psd.gif

Sent from Samsung GT-I9505 using CM13 using GAGT

nichsong

Reaction score
Try applying lesser product, esp if you use a pre styler. Fact is you don't really need that much since the product is very highly concentrated. You could also try rinsing your hair with water for a longer period of time prior to shampooing, just to get most of the product out first.

As for shampoo brands, I'm currently using mr pompadour's peppermint shampoo. Find it to be one of the best in terms of the balance between dryness/moisture after washing. Only downside is that the bottle is kinda small. I recently purchased care for my cut shampoo from theprettyjerk.com because apparently it provides good balance too. Comes in a much bigger bottle than Mr pomp. Have yet to try it out yet though

nichsong

Reaction score
EBL Taste Matte Clay

So.. managed to get my hands on EBL taste Matte Clay. Shoutout to bro gaoxing84 who very kindly passed me his unfinished tub :) Tried it out today for the first time, so quick review.

Cut to the chase, the texture of the product is your typical dry clay. It feels rough at first, but is surprisingly easy to emulsify on your palms. Going in, it doesn't tug or pull too much on the hair, so application is fairly easy. (Do note that I carried out my usual hairstyling routine of pre-styling with SSS, blow-dry and then applying the product)

Let's get on to the hold. This is one of those products in which you can feel the hold instantaneously upon application. It's damn bloody strong. I made the mistake of putting in too much product today, so honestly I think all you need is a little bit. Putting in too much of this product is most likely gonna weigh your hair down so do experiment with the amount that your hairstyle/hair type can take.

Finish wise, you get a decent matte finish with some nice texture. There might be a little bit of a shine if you apply too much product though.

Washability I can't say now, as I have yet to shampoo my hair. But I feel like I could get most of the product out by rinsing thoroughly with water. Based on my experience though, this should shampoo out in one go. Will edit and update once I have shampooed. *UPDATE* As predicted, product is definitely washable with one round of shampoo. By Vilain users, this should be no issue for you.

All in all, a product that is definitely on par with some, if not most of the clays that I've tried thus far. (I've tried most of the big names, trust me ) Bro DJ_Flame did compare it to By Vilain's Dynamite Clay, and I can now see why. Those looking to try out a decent clay product but don't want to spend as much, this is your thing right here.

Last edited:

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
So.. managed to get my hands on EBL taste Matte Clay. Shoutout to bro gaoxing84 who very kindly passed me his unfinished tub :) Tried it out today for the first time, so quick review.

Cut to the chase, the texture of the product is your typical dry clay. It feels rough at first, but is surprisingly easy to emulsify on your palms. Going in, it doesn't tug or pull too much on the hair, so application is fairly easy.

Let's get on to the hold. This is one of those products in which you can feel the hold instantaneously upon application. It's damn bloody strong. I made the mistake of putting in too much product today, so honestly I think all you need is a little bit. Putting in too much of this product is most likely gonna weigh your hair down so do experiment with the amount that your hairstyle/hair type can take.

Finish wise, you get a decent matte finish with some nice texture. There might be a little bit of a shine if you apply too much product though.

Washability I can't say now, as I have yet to shampoo my hair. But I feel like I could get most of the product out by rinsing thoroughly with water. Based on my experience though, this should shampoo out in one go. Will edit and update once I have shampooed.

All in all, a product that is definitely on par with some, if not most of the clays that I've tried thus far. (I've tried most of the big names, trust me ) Bro DJ_Flame did compare it to By Vilain's Dynamite Clay, and I can now see why. Those looking to try out a decent clay product but don't want to spend as much, this is your thing right here.

glad you like it :) enjoy bro

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.