 Pay Discussions [Read first page for FAQ]

PetPet

Reaction score
Hock Hua has NFC terminal but it doesn't work with Apple Pay.
Was informed that they didn't upgrade the terminal's firmware

cyrenic

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Popular bookstore don't accept apple pay even though i told them its just like a freaking paywave or paypass lor. -.-

I just tell the people who dunno to charge me Paywave.

Then just wave the phone over.. All settled. So simpur.

cyrenic

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
discussed before already. popular bookstore's management officially refuses to accept phone payment. when cashiers (who follow orders) see u taking out your phone (nothing to do with the word "apple pay" or "samsung pay". u say paywave/paypass then take out phone also same.) they will immediately tell u their management rejects phone.
but some branches may not follow orders and let u use.
diff branch diff policy.

What's the reasoning for it?

Anyways, if you wave phone over and you are charged, don't think they will guai lan and refund you and ask you to pay with card instead.

AnDyLe0

Reaction score
What's the reasoning for it?

Anyways, if you wave phone over and you are charged, don't think they will guai lan and refund you and ask you to pay with card instead.

yeah u can say paywave/paypass then when the cashier didn't notice then quickly take out phone and tap. but that's not very good.
and at popular or some shops, i saw some counter they put the paywave reader inside the counter so that u cannot tap yourself. the cashier tap for u.

ragnarok95

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
doesn't work for me. i said paywave and i took out my phone, they ask me whether are u using ur phone and pay.

wanted to argue further but there was a long queue behind me so i lan lan took out my card and tap instead.

Troll them. Tell them paywave, pay with card. Then they ok liao you switch to phone and pwn them!!!!

cyrenic

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
yeah u can say paywave/paypass then when the cashier didn't notice then quickly take out phone and tap. but that's not very good.
and at popular or some shops, i saw some counter they put the paywave reader inside the counter so that u cannot tap yourself. the cashier tap for u.

Still wondering why Popular doesn't accept phone payment though.

I did look at the earlier posts, seems like only got mention that the receipt don't show rebates properly? But who cares about that, as long as it's awarded. :s22:

AnDyLe0

Reaction score
Still wondering why Popular doesn't accept phone payment though.

I did look at the earlier posts, seems like only got mention that the receipt don't show rebates properly? But who cares about that, as long as it's awarded. :s22:

maybe for their accounting purposes or their agreement with banks. not sure.
or because some branch managers don't want to accept... that's why diff branch diff policy.
need their spokesperson to come here explain.

theory_87

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Tried using at Bishan Park Mcd but fail twice. End up using my dbs atm via pay wave. Weird.

AnDyLe0

Reaction score
Tried using at Bishan Park Mcd but fail twice. End up using my dbs atm via pay wave. Weird.

dbs atm should be NETS Flashpay or NETS POS rite?
or u mean dbs visa debit card with paywave.
because Mac terminal can support both cc and flashpay... just want to make sure u didn't select wrongly if u r using kiosk, or the cashier didn't press the wrong flashpay button for u.

Last edited:

petty blue

Master Member
Reaction score
Delete old card. Enter new card. I mean, how hard is that? New card have a diff CCV so just delete and add a new one.
It's not hard to add another card but dun give the wrong info if u're unsure . Old card in my Apple wallet still works after I activated my new cc

uTKrmY8.jpg

cyrenic

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
All my Paywave receipts always indicate that it's an offline transaction.

No need connection, they will settle with bank later on.

keltong

Reaction score
then did u use your physical paywave/paypass card and get thru?
and is your data roaming turned on? just wan to confirm cause someone successfully use it overseas with data roaming.

It was the first night so no roaming turn on. So it could be the reason. I just paid cash to avoid the hassle so didn't try my physical card.

But seems like already confirm no need Internet.

Last edited:

theory_87

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
New dbs atm card include visa and paywave function while posb atm card include master paypass. They act as debit card deducting from your saving acct. And not my 1st time using apple pay. Prior to that, i had use at ntuc and addidas shop telling them paying via paywave. I told the mcd cashier paywave too. But some how it fail. So not sure what is the issue this time.

dbs atm should be NETS Flashpay or NETS POS rite?
or u mean dbs visa debit card with paywave.
because Mac terminal can support both cc and flashpay... just want to make sure u didn't select wrongly if u r using kiosk, or the cashier didn't press the wrong flashpay button for u.

leogeo

Master Member
Reaction score
there is no surcharge from uber and grab. but there will be a currency conversion fee from the bank so you might want to check the bank fee if you use credit card for uber and grab because the fare are charged overseas using sgd.

therefore the overcome this issue, i used paypal as the middleman for paying all my uber fare.
i used SCB Singpost Apple Pay to pay for Uber. My receipt indicated fare of $6.40. I was billed USD 4.73 which translated to $6.63. Why was my bill in USD? Is it because I used Apple Pay?

there is no separate billing line for the DCC charge..

tec_geek

Reaction score
i used SCB Singpost Apple Pay to pay for Uber. My receipt indicated fare of $6.40. I was billed USD 4.73 which translated to $6.63. Why was my bill in USD? Is it because I used Apple Pay?

there is no separate billing line for the DCC charge..

Could it be that Uber converted it to USD, then bill our banks, and they converted it to SGD?

I'm not sure though as I haven't tried Uber.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.