Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

Status
Not open for further replies.

gentoro

Master Member
Reaction score
I still believe in Mit (sys4 current)... Tried Daikin (sys2), hitachi(sys3) and pansonic(sys3). All have failed me except current mit @1yr+ and given me the lowest electric bill among the previous brands.

tanjhj

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Guys i like to share this brand n combo for those thinking of getting system 4.
There is this brand call beko from europe. Their system 2 4 ticks selling at 1500. You can consider get two system 2 at 3000 instead of one system 4 at $4000+. Also, you get max power of 10kw instead of the normal 7-9kw.

You can switch off power of one of the system 2 when u dun need it.

http://www.lazada.sg/beko-prosmart-...itorsdisplaymobile&utm_term=xxso0000srcvt0500

Edit. Made in europe air con but prices exclude installation so yeah not as cheap but may still suit some of you

I called the local distributor for beko aircon.

they are willing to give a better rate for 2 x system 2 & installation. I told them that i will advertise this info on the forum so pls call them directly (winston) for custom quote @ http://www.unilite.sg/

after doing the electricity calculation savings and power to price ratio, i think beko 2 x system 2 is a good deal.

BEKO is top 3 electronics brand in europe. sponsor of barcelona fc. :s12:

Last edited:

tanjhj

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I called the local distributor for beko aircon.

they are willing to give a better rate for 2 x system 2 & installation. I told them that i will advertise this info on the forum so pls call them directly (winston) for custom quote @ http://www.unilite.sg/

after doing the electricity calculation savings and power to price ratio, i think beko 2 x system 2 is a good deal. Also the 9k fcu comes with 4D airflow which u find only in higher btu fcu.

BEKO is top 3 electronics brand in europe. sponsor of barcelona fc. :s12:

Also the 9k fcu comes with 4D airflow which u find only in higher btu fcu.

I am thinking 2 x smaller aircon FCU over 1 x bigger FCU for living hall. I went to my relatives house warming recently, his 24k btu at living room not cooling enuff even when set at max power. some areas are also not covered by the air flow.

next i also thinking of converting my living hall with partial partition which allows me to convert the room into study room or guest room when needed. one for the dining area and one for the partial partition room

Edit: nat aire lg system 4 with five ticks compressor only 3100 after $350 choice voucher. Maybe i downgrade to 4 ticks for more power n cash reduction.

Last edited:

tanjhj

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I still believe in Mit (sys4 current)... Tried Daikin (sys2), hitachi(sys3) and pansonic(sys3). All have failed me except current mit @1yr+ and given me the lowest electric bill among the previous brands.

i have mit sys 3 the old type (current 2 ticks). not bad in electricity savings as my bills didnt spike up even thou i use all 3 fcu every nite and also one fcu is on almost 16hrs each day. but it has no power as compared to panasonic and daikin, which i consider as the best in cooling.

of course there maybe issues in cooling due to the piping and insulation etc.

Last edited:

tanjhj

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I was looking at the nea website comparing the various compressor and i saw many brand with new compressors model numbers after june. Have checked some model with aircon sellers and they seem clueless. As they need to get nea ratings before they can sell, i believe these added after june are new model of conpressor for sg requirements

Last edited:

tanjhj

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Still can't decide between daikin 4ticks/envi vs mitsubishi 2 ticks/5 ticks. daikin having 3yrs vs mistubishi 1yr part warranty may be the dealbreaker here.

functions wise anybody any comments?

Maybe wait awhile for new compressors to be released.

Reneon

Reaction score
Advise on Aircon company :
Been looking around for new Aircon for my place and came across online Aircon promotion by Jk Aircon. Seem professional at answering request at first but the day installers came, they practically worked without regards to clients request. Flooring was badly scratched and technicians left patches on wall asking that you engage a partition company to patch back as it's not their job. Night mare rookie company with unskilled workers leaving water leakage. Save yourself from nightmare by not engaging this company. Once money paid, this company is non committal to any problems you may encounter.

Reaction score
To ipaq4444,

If your block electrical loading has been upgraded, then you can install the 4a38, if not, its advisable not to.

my unit 40a db one 20a dp isolator from hdb, so i have to install 2nd 20a dp isolator connect from pub line in to new db mcb or existing db from space mcb?, does this mean i can turn off the limiter and run the 4a38 at 15.28a, my hall and 2 bedrooms facing west i think need two ge26va fcu for hall, 4pm to 7pm using two fcu i will get 19k btu each.

if i install 2nd 4a38 for the 3 bedrooms since 2 are facing west i plan to use ge13va for all bedrooms that is about 14.1a?

Last edited:

DarthGW

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i am curious to know why MHI isnt popular within this thread? because of cost or not many buyers are familiar with the brand?
i guess some buyers will deliberately shun away from Starmex because they associate the price they pay includes the advertising costs and hence they will go for something cheaper

Hottyhot

Reaction score
Advise on Aircon company :
Been looking around for new Aircon for my place and came across online Aircon promotion by Jk Aircon. Seem professional at answering request at first but the day installers came, they practically worked without regards to clients request. Flooring was badly scratched and technicians left patches on wall asking that you engage a partition company to patch back as it's not their job. Night mare rookie company with unskilled workers leaving water leakage. Save yourself from nightmare by not engaging this company. Once money paid, this company is non committal to any problems you may encounter.
I wonder what does jk means? :) :) :)

serverxeon

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i am curious to know why MHI isnt popular within this thread? because of cost or not many buyers are familiar with the brand?
i guess some buyers will deliberately shun away from Starmex because they associate the price they pay includes the advertising costs and hence they will go for something cheaper
Mhi is not bad. Just that right now they have no 9k btu fcus. They give you free upgrade to 12k btu fcu, which technically only gives you faster cooling if you don't on all tgt. But having said that. The humidity level will be screwed up

Sent from LGE LG-D855 using GAGT

DarthGW

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Mhi is not bad. Just that right now they have no 9k btu fcus. They give you free upgrade to 12k btu fcu, which technically only gives you faster cooling if you don't on all tgt. But having said that. The humidity level will be screwed up

Sent from LGE LG-D855 using GAGT
if i am using a system 4 for a 4room bto, but the living room space is expanded due to open concept kitchen, will this 12k fcu btu come in handy?

Ender

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
How is the humidity screwed up? You mean air will be too dry?

Anyway my LG order has changed to daikin. When they realise the compressor can't fit thru the window. No way of installing it without breaking the window frame.

Under a short time frame, I have to decide another model or else they will call back the installer and my order will be some other day. Weather so hot and I really wanted to install it today. Chose one that closely matched the LG in price point Only halfway thru the installation then realise the daikin compressor is rated only 25K BTU.. Feeling abit lousy now, coz always wanted to oversize the compressor that's why the LG 40K BTU was my 1st choice. Anyway only consolation is we don't turn on all fcu the same time. Mostly only 2 units on. But in the future possible 3 will be on when the kids have their own room.

ksrokiller

Master Member
Reaction score
How is the humidity screwed up? You mean air will be too dry?

Anyway my LG order has changed to daikin. When they realise the compressor can't fit thru the window. No way of installing it without breaking the window frame.

Under a short time frame, I have to decide another model or else they will call back the installer and my order will be some other day. Weather so hot and I really wanted to install it today. Chose one that closely matched the LG in price point Only halfway thru the installation then realise the daikin compressor is rated only 25K BTU.. Feeling abit lousy now, coz always wanted to oversize the compressor that's why the LG 40K BTU was my 1st choice. Anyway only consolation is we don't turn on all fcu the same time. Mostly only 2 units on. But in the future possible 3 will be on when the kids have their own room.

Do you have to top up for the cost for daikin.

Ender

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Do you have to top up for the cost for daikin.

No, Daikin was cheaper by 100++... But it was not top up.. What they do is cancel the order, refund into paypal, and I made another new order while the installers were in my home waiting for instruction and order to come thru.

ksrokiller

Master Member
Reaction score
No, Daikin was cheaper by 100++... But it was not top up.. What they do is cancel the order, refund into paypal, and I made another new order while the installers were in my home waiting for instruction and order to come thru.

You order from nat aire? Hows the installation going so far

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.