[Maylyn - Networking] ASUS RT-AC88U

Just Me

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I share the same view with Jun Jun.

But do u need to use more then 4 port?
Actually I think the AC68U is a better choice if you're upgrading from a much older model like the N56U..

Anyway, my friend's AC88U wifi suddenly went offline (LED and wifi not working) had to do a factory reset to get it back. Odd...

Jun Jun

Reaction score
Actually I think the AC68U is a better choice if you're upgrading from a much older model like the N56U..

Anyway, my friend's AC88U wifi suddenly went offline (LED and wifi not working) had to do a factory reset to get it back. Odd...

Might be a bad unit or firmware not stable, well technology nowadays is like this. Sad to say.:D:D:D

ralph79

Reaction score
Hi guys...

Not sure if this has been asked here. Apologies for that if it has been.

I am wondering if I am able to configure this router using the Dual WAN setup.

WIFI X : ISP A & ISP B

WIFI Y : ISP A

TIA! :)

wazaguy

Reaction score

Oh my...i still tot of getting it ...then now i need to reconsider ...other model or router plus getting a normal / PoE switch :sad:

twist_shout

Master Member
Reaction score
That is already ideal for wifi. 😑.. Tell me why would u need more than 100 to 200mbps for an iPhone? Update apps in 5 seconds compared to 6?

If u want to utilise 1gbps u need to connect via LAN cable.

i am getting the same download speed for a AC1200 usb adapter

Jun Jun

Reaction score
Btw guys, anyone of you on 2345 firmware experiencing 500mbps download, 800+ upload?I tried to reset, and speed from wired went back to 900+ for dl and ul. Then plunges down again for both my laptops.
Ok, after my replacement my unit was ok again. Download speed and upload at 900+ and also for wifi it is ok as of now, will continue to monitor. Packaging and outer shell looks new this time, port is clean unlike prebious set:)

Jun Jun

Reaction score
Oh my...i still tot of getting it ...then now i need to reconsider ...other model or router plus getting a normal / PoE switch :sad:
Lol, if you dont need triband and going for pure speed, can get netgear x4s. Not x4!

Khairilasny

Reaction score
Ok, after my replacement my unit was ok again. Download speed and upload at 900+ and also for wifi it is ok as of now, will continue to monitor. Packaging and outer shell looks new this time, port is clean unlike prebious set:)

Did you upgrade to the latest firmware?

Jun Jun

Reaction score

No, it sucks. 3341 has tons of bug like unstable wifi and lan connection. Hence, I kept it at 2345 which is second latest, so far ok. Previously 2 routers that I exchanged has 3341 hence the breakdown, however the technician wasnt able to rule out firmware issue because it affects selected people? But after 2 rounds we realised it is not coincidence, hence we kept 2345 and it so far works fine.

Jun Jun

Reaction score

Learnt a lesson from this, if it is never broken don't fix it. New firmware usually can be unstable, and from our experience we all can feel that after each firmware release. Asus really got to do something about this.

Khairilasny

Reaction score
No, it sucks. 3341 has tons of bug like unstable wifi and lan connection. Hence, I kept it at 2345 which is second latest, so far ok. Previously 2 routers that I exchanged has 3341 hence the breakdown, however the technician wasnt able to rule out firmware issue because it affects selected people? But after 2 rounds we realised it is not coincidence, hence we kept 2345 and it so far works fine.

I did an exchange a few weeks back and then upgraded the firmware to 3341 and the unstability was still as bad as I bought the first. I have exchanged emails with the Asus tech, and after sending my settings, logs, etc, he verified that the there is something wrong with the firmware. Since this firmware cannot downgraded, I think I need to go to Avertek to do another router exchange and stick to the installed original firmware.

Thanks for the headsup.

ravener

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just bought a AC88U as well.

Came in here wanting to ask if anyone is facing problems with intermittent WiFi connection on their routers.

Got my question answered immediately, i went to upgrade to the latest firmware (3341) upon the first boot up.

Damn it.

Khairilasny

Reaction score
Just bought a AC88U as well.

Came in here wanting to ask if anyone is facing problems with intermittent WiFi connection on their routers.

Got my question answered immediately, i went to upgrade to the latest firmware (3341) upon the first boot up.

Damn it.

Come.. let's pay a visit to Avertek... :s12:

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.