Best VPN provider (In your opinion)? (Strictly no referral allowed)

SIM37_

Master Member
Reaction score
I climb Bukit Timah almost 24hours with Pure VPN

I use pure because of the reason below.

This website describes it. Till date, I can't find something like that at the moment. If anyone knows if astrill or strong can do this, please lemme know?

I prefer to set Bt Timah Traffic through VPN and the rest through normal IP. Again if anyone else knows of a similar config, prease lemme know.

Taken from Configure Split Tunneling in PureVPN | Virtual Private Networks

Configure Split Tunneling in PureVPN

Most VPN providers will simply direct and tunnel your entire Internet connection through the VPN connection.However, I did wonder if any VPN providers allowed users to choose which software they wanted to connect through the VPN.

It makes sense sometimes. For instance. I do use different browsers on my machines for different purpose. I tend to watch videos using Firefox as I am more familiar with configuring ad blocker on firefox. Hence content specific sites need to be VPN connected.

I download files using bittorent. Although different VPN servers may not run at full speed through a VPN, but I like the security that VPN provides. My ISP sometimes throttle torrent traffic, so bypassing it through the VPN actually makes it quicker!

I don’t like to use Internet Explorer unless certain websites work well through it. I’d like to VPN that too.

I don’t want chrome to go through VPN as I usually work in Incognito mode and I’m comfortable enough for it to run without a VPN.

It looks something like this

Split-tunnelling-example-300x229.jpg

Split tunnelling example

After an extensive Google search and scouring through many VPN forums. I realized that no other VPN has this feature available besides PureVPN. This is an excellent feature that IMHO should be included in all VPN software!. Its very easy to configure.

If you haven’t already subscribed to PureVPN, You can try it out for 3 days with their Money Back Guarantee and see if you like this feature of split tunneling.

Here’s how you can configure PureVPN for Split Tunneling.

If you’re using Windows, Launch PureVPN by right clicking the icon and select “Run as Administrator”. You will need admin rights for configuring PureVPN for Split Tunneling as you’ll have to launch PureVPN as administrator. Here’s how to do it.

Run-as-administrator-300x164.jpg

Run as administrator

After PureVPN has launched.

split-tunneling-enabled.jpg

Split tunnel step 1

split-tunneling-enabled.jpg

split tunneling enabled

NOTE: If you do not have administrator rights on the computer, you will not be able to do this.

Now that you’ve set PureVPN, you need to add which applications you’d want to run through the VPN. Make sure that all your “HIDDEN ITEMS” in windows are viewable on Windows Explorer.

For Windows 7. Its in Control Panel > Appearance & Personalization, then click “FOLDER OPTIONS” and “Advanced Settings” click “Show hidden files and folders” then click OK

For Windows 8 and 8.1, click “View” then check “Hidden Items”

Now, you may proceed to add applications that you want to access the Internet through PureVPN

After clicking on “Add Application”. Point it towards the folder where your application is. In this example below. we point it to utorrent to add utorrent to the Split Tunneling list.

add-utorrent-300x259.jpg

Adding utorrent
Repeat the same processes to add all other software you intend to use via PureVPN.

Once you’ve done so. Your Split Tunneling in PureVPN should look like this.

Split-tunnel-complete-300x280.jpg

Split tunnel complete

Note: You’ll have to click “launch” from PureVPN to make the application run through VPN and then set your connection purpose or country.

If I’m downloading huge files from bittorent, I usually leave my computer on for hours and maybe overnight. In that scenario. I launch utorrent via PureVPN and choose this configuration below.

Select Purpose : File Sharing
Then select “Connect to the fastest server around the world.

I just leave my computer on and PureVPN to do its thing until my files are completed. My ISP will not throttle my bandwidth as its masked.

Subscribe to PureVPN,

Click "HERE" to subscribe to PureVPN They have a 3 day money back guarantee. Try it out to see if it works well for your ISP and speed.

Hafi

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

This website describes it. Till date, I can't find something like that at the moment. If anyone knows if astrill or strong can do this, please lemme know?

I prefer to set Bt Timah Traffic through VPN and the rest through normal IP. Again if anyone else knows of a similar config, prease lemme know.

Lewis Loh, thanks for the info but please edit and remove the affiliate links of PureVpn in your quote from your website.

youhsueh

Reaction score

Astrill does offer split tunneling! :)

stiwipl

Reaction score
Astrill does offer split tunneling! :)

Exactly. PureVPN last time I checked didn't even have OpenVPN built in support in their Mac app.

By the way, 12VPN has 40% off using "INSANESUMMER" code only this weekend.. It's very good offer as I have not seen more than 30% before. This is a very good VPN provider with a nice compact Mac app. They support OpenWEB, StealthVPN etc., no torrenting allowed. 14days money back.

hnzfaz

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi astrill users..

I'm recently unable to test server speeds with the windows client. I'm using the latest version, which I just downloaded from the official site. I get error messages for all the servers that I test:

1RyNtyV.jpg

Does anyone have this problem? I keep getting errors for a few weeks now..

oric1

Reaction score
Hi astrill users..

I'm recently unable to test server speeds with the windows client. I'm using the latest version, which I just downloaded from the official site. I get error messages for all the servers that I test:

1RyNtyV.jpg

I checked with their support 2 weeks ago and they told me there are some glitches with the client software. Was told that it will be fixed in the next version.

Suggest you also lodge a report with their support too. More complaints = quicker fix :D

oric1

Reaction score
I checked with their support 2 weeks ago and they told me there are some glitches with the client software. Was told that it will be fixed in the next version.

Suggest you also lodge a report with their support too. More complaints = quicker fix :D

Just chatted with their support again and here's an update:

There is some issue with our speed test tool, but the Servers are working fine.
We are fixing the issue with speed test tool at the moment.
We appreciate your patience regarding this matter.

I don't have any ETA from the team behind it but from their last update I can say that it will be fixed soon.

Many customers reported this issue. We are aware of this issue. Our development team is already working on it.

Henry Ng

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
anyway, ec2 has always been good for some free hulu. i'm on the west coast and it streams 480p smoothly all the time. im running on less secured pptp though. but then again, can't really ask for much since the whole setup process takes less than 1min excluding the initialization of a node.

did the sg node really give out UK address? if that is the case, i can finally watch bbc on iplayer!

For video streaming i would expect at least 720p or else image is not clear.

hnzfaz

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just chatted with their support again and here's an update:

There is some issue with our speed test tool, but the Servers are working fine.
We are fixing the issue with speed test tool at the moment.
We appreciate your patience regarding this matter.

I don't have any ETA from the team behind it but from their last update I can say that it will be fixed soon.

Many customers reported this issue. We are aware of this issue. Our development team is already working on it.

Thanks for the update. Hope they get the fix out soon. Don't understand why it's taking them so long though.

MajinBuui

Reaction score
Hi anyone have recommendations of lifetime VPN with mutiple proxy server and port bundle? Need value for money

I use VPN for netflix mainly.
need proxy host and port for pokemon go game(bot that uses desktop client).

stiwipl

Reaction score
Hi anyone have recommendations of lifetime VPN with mutiple proxy server and port bundle? Need value for money

I use VPN for netflix mainly.
need proxy host and port for pokemon go game(bot that uses desktop client).

Check another post regarding this here.

oric1

Reaction score
Hi astrill users..

1RyNtyV.jpg

There's a new version out today and they fixed the speed test plus whole lot of enhancements.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.