Car rental in Perth, Western Australia

Merkava

Master Member
Reaction score
Thanks. Sadly they don't provide airport pick up which rather inconvenience.
Looking at Hertz with Nissan X trail for 11 day at around AUD480. 4k excess.
Ya buying local travel insurance to cover the excess is cheaper buying their 0 excess which cost 300 more

For Bayswater, they are abit rigid (hence the low rates) and they dun allow you to return the vehicle at other locations.

In that case, try Avis.

Most of my car rentals are from Avis, I find their rates lower than the rest of the reputable car rental companies. Maybe my trips are usually during off-peak season.
For eg: No additional driver fees.

nlee84

Reaction score
I booked with Thrifty Perth (Toyota Kluger) for my trip next month... 6 adults so quite limited choices. Airport pick up and return.

AUD 579.05 for 8 days with $4000 excess after a 12% discount code.

Then bought a car rental insurance separately from Tripcover - AUD 55.76 to reduce excess to $300 (which will be covered by my travel insurance)

Hope everything will go well.

Also hoping that it can fit 3 x 24inch luggage too.. else will prob have to put on laps for the journey from airport to apartment. hahaha.

sneggg

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i chose the works plan with zero excess from apex but i realize my insurance has rental excess up to 1000 can i still change it to Carefree COastal plan where excess is up to 500 when im collecting the car ?

nlee84

Reaction score
i chose the works plan with zero excess from apex but i realize my insurance has rental excess up to 1000 can i still change it to Carefree COastal plan where excess is up to 500 when im collecting the car ?

Why not send an email to Apex saying you wish to change the plan? Better to change it before you collect the car I guess.

sneggg

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Do you guys use Google map or the gps from rental companies?

sneggg

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
thanks..im heading to tas in 2 weeks time but read alot road closures and limited access roads only for 4wd due to snow..

now thinking if i should change my drive to a 4wd 1

keith00

Master Member
Reaction score
anyone rented from Hertz before?
What the pre authorisation amount they will charge on credit card should with the $4000 excess?

Called the so called international helpline (which base in SG)was told $100 + $4000 :eek::eek:
Call direct to Australia directly and check was told only $100, $4000 only if anything happened.

Last edited:

beano

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
What the pre authorisation amount they will charge on credit card should with the $4000 excess?

Called the so called international helpline (which base in SG)was told $100 + $4000 :eek::eek:
Call direct to Australia directly and check was told only $100, $4000 only if anything happened.

Trust the aussies.. anyway they have your CC, so any accidents they still can charge you..

Awesom Andy

Reaction score
thanks..im heading to tas in 2 weeks time but read alot road closures and limited access roads only for 4wd due to snow..

now thinking if i should change my drive to a 4wd 1

Even with a 4wd, check with the rental company that you are indeed allowed to take the vehicle where you want to go to.

It should be $100 only. For this type of queries, it's usually best to call the outlet where you will be renting from as they are the ones who would be processing the actual rental, and the system they have on site is very different to one we see on their website - I believe they still have a DOS-based program (most likely run via an emulator in Windows).

shun07

Reaction score
is it recommended to rent a SUV or just a normal car will do for 2 person? 7 days. Heading from Perth to Albany to MR to Perth.

beano

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
is it recommended to rent a SUV or just a normal car will do for 2 person? 7 days. Heading from Perth to Albany to MR to Perth.

Normal car will do, unless you're 'car' person. just take your pick and enjoy the drive..

nivlac9

Reaction score
Curious, any concerns with luggage in rented SUVs in Perth? As I'll be on the road most of the day's the luggage would be stowed in the boot, which may be visible to passerby.

In Malaysia, car and bags would probably be gone in a flash. Any idea if Perth is perhaps safer?

Thanks ;)

beano

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
They may have a boot cover which conceals the boot..

reson90

Reaction score
Hi guys, could like to seek advice if were to go in 8pax what could be the recommendation for driving? Let say only have 1 or 2 with driving license. Probably like a roadtrip.

beano

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If 8 pax, i suggest having 2 cars.. not sure if you wanna drive 1 toyota commuter.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.