Ask me any questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

cpuer

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
For Keisei trains from Narita, the options are Keisei Skyliner, Keisei Access Express and Keisei mainline right?

If i want to get to Shinagawa, possible to take Keisei Access Express? Whats the difference between Access Express vs Limited Express trains?

Your case the best is Keisei Narita Sky Access Exp. for HANEDA AIRPORT DOMESTIC TERMINAL. Direct for 1520 yen 91min. The fastest is NEX though, but double the price.

chainer22

Reaction score
Your case the best is Keisei Narita Sky Access Exp. for HANEDA AIRPORT DOMESTIC TERMINAL. Direct for 1520 yen 91min. The fastest is NEX though, but double the price.

hey cpuer, i read the website http://www.keisei.co.jp/keisei/tetudou/skyliner/us/nrt_access/index.php

and on the bottom right, it states 2 pricing (1330yen/670yen) followed by if paying by approved IC card, pricing will be 1318yen/659yen. does that mean we can either buy a tix just for this or pay via card which will be cheaper?

s7460597

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hey cpuer, i read the website http://www.keisei.co.jp/keisei/tetudou/skyliner/us/nrt_access/index.php

and on the bottom right, it states 2 pricing (1330yen/670yen) followed by if paying by approved IC card, pricing will be 1318yen/659yen. does that mean we can either buy a tix just for this or pay via card which will be cheaper?

Yes, getting an IC card is slightly cheaper. More convenient as otherwise you'll end up with a pocketful of small change, save time from looking for correct fare and going straight through ticket gates.

Reaction score
What would be your recommended town for a base in Kansai region for a long stay (more than a month) in Japan? Just to chillax and maybe do a little bit of sightseeing, experience a change of pace from SG life. Thanks in advance!

whitentight

Reaction score
Hi all!

Hope this is the right thread!

My partner and I bought tickets for November and now we're stuck with the itinerary... it's not our first time to Japan so it's a bit harder to plan and we're are going for 1 month.

Where would you go if you guys are going for 1 month?

Thinking of doing this:-

Matsumoto
Alpine route
Takayama (not our first choice but not sure where else to go?)
Kyoto
Okayama
Osaka
Nagano
Snow monkey
Tokyo

We are thinking of buying 14 days JR pass.. possibly?

Actually it makes more sense to go for Snow Monkey in the first part of our trip (cause Osaka -> Nagano = seems like a waste of time?)... but we are afraid that there's no snow so no mood. Anyone been there in late November?

Anyway.. any ideas or suggestions? Feel free to throw out your fave Japan locations!! Thank you!!

Windowlover

Reaction score
Read from forum and worry for trains travel and transfer miss, anyone have good advises before going.:s22:

evilerniex

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi all!

Hope this is the right thread!

My partner and I bought tickets for November and now we're stuck with the itinerary... it's not our first time to Japan so it's a bit harder to plan and we're are going for 1 month.

Where would you go if you guys are going for 1 month?

Thinking of doing this:-

Matsumoto
Alpine route
Takayama (not our first choice but not sure where else to go?)
Kyoto
Okayama
Osaka
Nagano
Snow monkey
Tokyo

We are thinking of buying 14 days JR pass.. possibly?

Actually it makes more sense to go for Snow Monkey in the first part of our trip (cause Osaka -> Nagano = seems like a waste of time?)... but we are afraid that there's no snow so no mood. Anyone been there in late November?

Anyway.. any ideas or suggestions? Feel free to throw out your fave Japan locations!! Thank you!!

y not switch the chubu place to the back of the trip together with snow monkey?
something like this:
okayama -> osaka -> kyoto -> takayama -> alpine route -> matsumoto -> nagano -> tokyo

but it depends which airport u landing in. this is good if u are landing KIX and departing from tokyo

evilerniex

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Read from forum and worry for trains travel and transfer miss, anyone have good advises before going.:s22:

just check hyperdia for all the train timing and route, and take the train at the exact time. train in japan are super punctual, so if u are afraid got getting onto the wrong train, just make sure u board at the correct time.

getting around in the station shld not be a problem. there are english signage in most major stations. cater more time if u are afraid u cant find ur way ard the station.

i usually will list down a few alternative timings for trains, in case i not in time for the train that i planned for. and for more ulu places, i write down the kanji characters of the station names

ambivalence

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Some queries on how to get to tokyo (meguro)from narita airport.
which will be easier and faster?
Keisei Skyliner or narita express

evilerniex

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Some queries on how to get to tokyo (meguro)from narita airport.
which will be easier and faster?
Keisei Skyliner or narita express

u can take narita express (NEX) to shinagawa then yamanote line to meguro
or keisei train to nippori then yamanote line to meguro

for the keisei train, there are s few options:
keisei skyliner: fastest, but expensive (still cheaper than NEX)
keisei narita sky access express for keisei ueno: slightly slower, but much cheaper
keisei main line: slowest but cheapest

jacques.jiean

Reaction score
erm, seems like it's too late to book hotels for the sapporo snow festival? Like 90% of the hotels are not available. :( or not opened for booking yet?

evilerniex

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
erm, seems like it's too late to book hotels for the sapporo snow festival? Like 90% of the hotels are not available. :( or not opened for booking yet?

some hotels only open for booking 6mths in advance. so for snow festival in feb, booking will probably start in aug.
u may want to start monitoring and quickly book once it is avail.

thwysg

Reaction score

Could still find available rooms under Expedia, Zuji and Rakuten Travel. Try to book the hotels directly if possible. And do it soon.

jacques.jiean

Reaction score
6Lhn1dK.jpg

thanks bros! managed to secure some hotels for now. im trying to book the ice breaking cruise. this one tour language is in japanese right? i will read it as english and mandarin

thwysg

Reaction score
thanks bros! managed to secure some hotels for now. im trying to book the ice breaking cruise. this one tour language is in japanese right? i will read it as english and mandarin

Is this from Yokoso Japan? No indication of the tour agency in your picture. If it's the one indicated below, you'll get English and Chinese speaking guides. Do include the link for future queries.

http://www.yokoso-japan.jp/en/22900.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.