Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

Status
Not open for further replies.

wongdawson

Reaction score
Ytd go GC Sungei Kadut get MHI sys 3 with free upgrade 9k to 12k BTU.

SCM60ZJS - 3XSRK35ZMAS
Upgrade 1/2 class 1 insulation
Upgrade copper piping 23 to 22
Dismantle of old unit

2799 plus upgrade 117 = 2916

Is it a good deal? 12K BTU increase electric bills? Just realise the invoice nvr state the warranty how many years my bad

tanjhj

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
my 2 years old starmex died on me two days ago. i suspect the fcu is gone case or the compressor is not doing as supposed. also i saw sweating on my trunking.

if call starmex. minimum 150+30 just for inspection..

Last edited:

Hottyhot

Reaction score
let me confirm first. i rather pay 50 to lg than 300+50 with mit each trip

If LG only $50 then definitely good buy. Can let me know if nat aire get back to you? Me was considering Panasonic but now LG seems quite good buy...

petetherock

Reaction score
Installing this setup:
Panasonic System 2 Inverter Air-Con (FREE Standard Installation)
CU2S18PKZ + CSS9PKZW x 2
$2400, plus cleaning of my other units...

yosemi

Reaction score

SCM60ZJS - 3XSRK35ZMAS
Dismantle of old unit

Is it a good deal? 12K BTU increase electric bills? Just realise the invoice nvr state the warranty how many years my bad

mhi is 3 tick so power consumption for its btu is quite ok liao

12k btu means cool the room faster and since its is inverter means after the room reach certain temp it will run low power.

compare to those 9k btu will take a longer time to cool the room. as it constantly using low power to cool the room

yosemi

Reaction score
my 2 years old starmex died on me two days ago. i suspect the fcu is gone case or the compressor is not doing as supposed. also i saw sweating on my trunking.

it should be under 5 yr warranty i tot ?

keenklee

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Eh... that's fast. Can share your configuration and usage?

wongdawson

Reaction score
mhi is 3 tick so power consumption for its btu is quite ok liao

12k btu means cool the room faster and since its is inverter means after the room reach certain temp it will run low power.

compare to those 9k btu will take a longer time to cool the room. as it constantly using low power to cool the room

Thank for the info

petetherock

Reaction score
It's like using a bigger engine in a small car.
The fuel consumption may not be higher since the engine takes less effort to propel the car.

Hottyhot

Reaction score
Pray hard it not PCB. I tio PCB before, 2 located inside compressor unit need to change oso the fan motor, cause the repairman said motor might already spoil and will short the new boards if don't change causing more trouble and $$$ to come replace again. Prepare $850 inclusive labor. And the repairman advice us don't off the aircon power switch since we using it everyday. Eversince, no more hardware components problem till we change to new aircon this year.

That was in 2007. Mine was installed in 2005, that's time still new using inverter technology.[/QUOT

Is the aircon power switch means the isolator that is located at the compressor?

serverxeon

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

SCM60ZJS - 3XSRK35ZMAS
Dismantle of old unit

3 things to note,

1) Having 12k instead of 9k means nothing if your run all 3 fcus at the same time, cos your compressor cannot handle 36k btu/hr load.

2) Do note that oversizing your fcu will lead to higher-than-ideal humidity level.

3) 12k fcus do use a bit more electricity due to the larger fan than the 9k counterpart, but I'd say it's minimal. The bulk of electrical consumption comes from compressing the refrigerant, not operating the FCU.

Sent from Samsung SM-G935F using GAGT

Last edited:

Hottyhot

Reaction score
3 things to note,

1) Having 12k instead of 9k means nothing if your run all 3 fcus at the same time, cos your compressor cannot handle 36k btu/hr load.

2) Do note that oversizing your fcu will lead to higher-than-ideal humidity level.

3) 12k fcus do use a bit more electricity due to the larger fan than the 9k counterpart, but I'd say it's minimal. The bulk of electrical consumption comes from compressing the refrigerant, not operating the FCU.

Just curious, How will it feel if it's higher than humidity level?

serverxeon

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just curious, How will it feel if it's higher than humidity level?
High humidity is characterised by sweat staying on the skin. Becos the air is saturated with water, sweat cannot evaporate off the skin. This is basically what we feel in singapore after the rain stops and the sun comes out. You sweat but it doesn't evaporate.

It is perhaps easier for us singaporean to distinguish how mid humidity feels like, which is basically how you feel in most (properly sized) airconed locations.

So if the humidity is not reduce enough, basically you feel cool, but the sweat stays on your body. That's akin to the feeling of night time after a downpour.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.