Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

Status
Not open for further replies.

jason910

Master Member
Reaction score
I am very inclined towards getting either the Panasonic system 4 or the MHI system 4 however i understand there is a free upgrade of BTU for MHI to 12000, but my qns is even though it is now faster to cool your room but the power consumption throughout will be high and end up you will be paying more for your electrical bills.

I would love to have daikin but the price is quite high. any advice?

maur_james

Reaction score
My Mitsubishi system 3 air cond last month problem,2 bed room no cool enoung,after top up gas $50 still no cool,last week totally no cool air,decide to retire after serving 10years+ with no major issue,model non inverter MUX-20TV.

After some consideration,decide buy Midea Opal inverter system 4 from GC last weekend :
indoor 9k x 3 + 18K x 1,with outdoor SMKY28004 after discount =3455
upgrade isulation to 1/2" and copper to 22 =156
bracket = 150
premium extended warranty 5 year = 439
total $4200 net

Now waiting air cond to be install on 15/8,
hopefully this new air cond with 4 tick will safe my power bill by 30%:)
I'm have the same unit, having the same problem of aircon not cool. Did a test some months back, seems like there's a leak somewhere. Top up gas will stay cool for a few months, then back to same problem.

Weighing my options now, last resort is replace the whole system, but I'm reluctant coz current piping runs through hidden panels everywhere! Plus the leak means I can't reuse old piping.

jason910

Master Member
Reaction score
Can recommend me?im quite keen to get Daikin system 4 previously shortlisted Gain City to do the job.

If you want, I can recommend you the official installer for Daikin which they will do the installation if you walk in to the Daikin Proshop.

I will be getting mine from them around next month. =:p

jason910

Master Member
Reaction score
Last night i went through the massive information in this thread but i still need all the experts advice on purchasing system 4 aircon for my new 4rm bto.

I have narrow down to basically 3 models, Daikin/Mitsubishi Starmex/Panasonic and could also be keen in Toshiba since their compressor is made in Japan.

Initially i wanted to get the latest models but after reading the info here i realise that there are some factors worth considering, Noisy Compressor, Time taken to cool the room is longer, the product is still new etc and it is much more expensive by $500-$700. The good thing that it has more ticks and more cost savings.

Thus i am considering the older models and will most likely be getting from GC. this is the initial pricing i got from them have not ask what else it includes etc just want to narrow down and decide to get new or older models, need experts advice?

Daikin

System 4- 4MKS30FSG-4xFTKS25DVM $3689 (older Model)

System 4- 4MKS80FSG 2xFTKJ25NVM & 2xFTKJ42NVMS $4759(newer model)

Panasonic

System 4- CU4S27NKZ- 3x CSS9PKZW, 1x CSS18PKZW $3709(older model)

System 4 - CU4XS32RBZ~4x CSXS9RKZW $4809 (newer model)

Mitsubishi

System 4 - MXY4A28VA~4x MSYGE10VA $3879 (older model)

System 4 - MXY4A28VA~3x MSYGE10VA ~ 1x MSYGE24VA $4009 (older model)

System 4 - MXY4G28VA~4x MSXYFJ10VE $4449 (New model)

System 4 - MXY4G28VA~3x MSXYFJ10VE~1x MSXYFJ24VE $4599 (new model)

Really need any form of advice on purchasing aircon system 4. thanks alot

Hottyhot

Reaction score
Last night i went through the massive information in this thread but i still need all the experts advice on purchasing system 4 aircon for my new 4rm bto.

I have narrow down to basically 3 models, Daikin/Mitsubishi Starmex/Panasonic and could also be keen in Toshiba since their compressor is made in Japan.

Initially i wanted to get the latest models but after reading the info here i realise that there are some factors worth considering, Noisy Compressor, Time taken to cool the room is longer, the product is still new etc and it is much more expensive by $500-$700. The good thing that it has more ticks and more cost savings.

Thus i am considering the older models and will most likely be getting from GC. this is the initial pricing i got from them have not ask what else it includes etc just want to narrow down and decide to get new or older models, need experts advice?

Daikin

System 4- 4MKS30FSG-4xFTKS25DVM $3689 (older Model)

System 4- 4MKS80FSG 2xFTKJ25NVM & 2xFTKJ42NVMS $4759(newer model)

Panasonic

System 4- CU4S27NKZ- 3x CSS9PKZW, 1x CSS18PKZW $3709(older model)

System 4 - CU4XS32RBZ~4x CSXS9RKZW $4809 (newer model)

Mitsubishi

System 4 - MXY4A28VA~4x MSYGE10VA $3879 (older model)

System 4 - MXY4A28VA~3x MSYGE10VA ~ 1x MSYGE24VA $4009 (older model)

System 4 - MXY4G28VA~4x MSXYFJ10VE $4449 (New model)

System 4 - MXY4G28VA~3x MSXYFJ10VE~1x MSXYFJ24VE $4599 (new model)

Really need any form of advice on purchasing aircon system 4. thanks alot

If u getting Dalkin, my advice is to check out the Proshops....do take note that different Proshop has different pricing though

petetherock

Reaction score
Just added the latest Panasonic CS-XS system with 4 ticks. Quiet and no fuss. Also using the older CS-S system two in my living and study. Externally very little difference. Compressor noise also similar.
Sound levels comparable. For $400 difference, I think the 4 ticks will work out.
Right now, my installer says there's a $100 NTUC promotion, so that's a nice touch.

He says Panasonic parts are cheaper to replace and service, the remote is also cheaper to buy if needed. Made in Malaysia. Used Panasonic in my old home for 10 years, no issues.

jason910

Master Member
Reaction score
Thanks a lot. I don't really under proshops but do they mean that they are the authorised distributor of Daikin? Do they accept installments? I read that most of them do not provide cables u got to buy yourself.

Thanks please keep all the advices coming in.

If u getting Dalkin, my advice is to check out the Proshops....do take note that different Proshop has different pricing though

jason910

Master Member
Reaction score
Thanks! I need a lot of advices like yours.

Just added the latest Panasonic CS-XS system with 4 ticks. Quiet and no fuss. Also using the older CS-S system two in my living and study. Externally very little difference. Compressor noise also similar.
Sound levels comparable. For $400 difference, I think the 4 ticks will work out.
Right now, my installer says there's a $100 NTUC promotion, so that's a nice touch.

He says Panasonic parts are cheaper to replace and service, the remote is also cheaper to buy if needed. Made in Malaysia. Used Panasonic in my old home for 10 years, no issues.

Hottyhot

Reaction score
Thanks a lot. I don't really under proshops but do they mean that they are the authorised distributor of Daikin? Do they accept installments? I read that most of them do not provide cables u got to buy yourself.

Thanks please keep all the advices coming in.

My friend got a system 3 from Proshop Alexandra and they are one of the authorised dealer for Daikin and they provided cable. But don't think they provide instalments.

ralliart12

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi fellows, just trying to get a general feel here:

how are the Daikin FCU models FTKS60FVM & FTKS35DVM? Are they like obsolete old EOL series?

jason910

Master Member
Reaction score
Thanks! Anyone has advice on getting the older or newer latest model of Aircon?

My friend got a system 3 from Proshop Alexandra and they are one of the authorised dealer for Daikin and they provided cable. But don't think they provide instalments.

petetherock

Reaction score
Basically you should think carefully about how much you save by going for an older, lesser brand, versus enjoying the latest energy saving tech, less noise etc.
I choose to save the earth, and pay a little more..

kira1984

Reaction score
Hi, I am considering mitsubishi starmex/ Daikin system 4 for BTO. May I know which brand are more reliable and lasting?

jason910

Master Member
Reaction score
I have tot of that too but I read the forum Some on it for 3 hrs but it's not even cool yet and the compressor is noisy for the newer models. Haiz

Basically you should think carefully about how much you save by going for an older, lesser brand, versus enjoying the latest energy saving tech, less noise etc.
I choose to save the earth, and pay a little more..

Last edited:

ralliart12

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Dripping?!

Hi fellows, may I know if there is water continuously dripping from my FCU at the corner depicted in the illustration, what's going on, & how do I stop it? It's dripping steadily even though I've powered down the aircon (no compressor running).

DmTfUzM.jpg

siewhf

Reaction score
Requirements
1. 2-room BTO HDB (47sqm).
2. Hacking between Living room and Bedroom.

Questions:
1. What kind of aircon specification ?
2. Any brand, model and price range ?

Many thanks with regards.

Jmathew1108

Reaction score
How about Electrolux aircon? Anyone has any opinions?

Using it in my parents house, extremely cold, quiet and powerful. Reliability wise so far no issues after 2 years. Can't comment on compressor size or noise as it is on the roof and inaccessible for me to check out. Quite an underrated brand of aircon i must say,but only available through harvey norman and parisilk though.I'm satisfied with it and the price is good too, will likely but it for my own house too.

petetherock

Reaction score
Answering a pm here:
No, my compressor isn't noisy. Low hum.
Unless you sleep next to it, it's not really noticeable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.