The Hair Thread - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

sansanjikikut

Master Member
Reaction score
Aiyo i went ion sephora also dun have k gravel. Not fated LOL

but i saw that hdf changed their quicksand. Now green colour one.

MKtuYJxl.jpg

And gravity paste as an extremely strong mint scent. Like some extra strong mentos.

Sent from LGE LG-H860 using GAGT

I think the greenish quick sand is like last year stocks. There was quite a bit of hoo ha regarding it on qoo10 back then. Can check the manufacturing date at the bottom, probably that's why they use it as tester since old stock.

Last edited:

deaththeorist

Master Member
Reaction score
I think the greenish quick sand is like last year stocks. There was quite a bit of hoo ha regarding it on qoo10 back then. Can check the manufacturing date at the bottom, probably that's why they use it as tester since old stock.

every single quicksand was green. date was jan this year

Kusanagi

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
bought the matte paste from TGR

finally found a solution to my problem, the hold is fantastic and pliability is great

price is reasonable at 20 as well

jackiekof

Reaction score
Anybody tried Black Label Craft Clay how does it compared to Byvilain Dynamite Clay.Im deciding between this 2.

nichsong

Reaction score
it's just called matte paste, it's from TGR

Oh! TGR is a local barbershop right. The tin being used as packaging looks strangely familiar. @those familiar with the MIC saga, do take a look. Haha I have a feeling its the same product.

nichsong

Reaction score
Anybody tried Black Label Craft Clay how does it compared to Byvilain Dynamite Clay.Im deciding between this 2.

Get dynamite clay. Tried and tested product to work well in our weather. Dont get black label craft clay. Its freaking hard to wash off.

deaththeorist

Master Member
Reaction score
Oh! TGR is a local barbershop right. The tin being used as packaging looks strangely familiar. @those familiar with the MIC saga, do take a look. Haha I have a feeling its the same product.
Daaaaimmmm same exact tin hahaha. But the insides look very diff. Seems like very similar to the blumaan product.

Come to think of it... The hdf gravity paste might be the same thing as blumaan. Now that i recall it kinda smelled and felt the same. Didn't actually apply on hair tho, feel feel with fingers only.

Kusanagi

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

ya the local shop, works well for me so I'm not really bothered

washes off easily as well

dj_flame

Reaction score
And gravity paste as an extremely strong mint scent. Like some extra strong mentos.

Daaaaimmmm same exact tin hahaha. But the insides look very diff. Seems like very similar to the blumaan product.

Come to think of it... The hdf gravity paste might be the same thing as blumaan. Now that i recall it kinda smelled and felt the same. Didn't actually apply on hair tho, feel feel with fingers only.
Gravity Paste smells like Colgate to me.

I don't think it's the same though. Blumaan doesn't come out of the jar as easily as Gravity Paste.

deaththeorist

Master Member
Reaction score
Gravity Paste smells like Colgate to me.

I don't think it's the same though. Blumaan doesn't come out of the jar as easily as Gravity Paste.

YA!! both like colgate! haha!

i'd like to think that perhaps your blumaan is one of those that dried out a bit? remember there was the saga where they couldnt be bothered with using a proper sealing lid.

nichsong

Reaction score

Yaaaaas bro. I read somewhere online that Original by blumaan and HDF gravity paste have almost identical ingredient lists. Although I haven't compared the lists myself, I wouldn't write that off as they look, feel, smell and perform almost exactly the same. I got a feeling that the lab which cooks both brand's products are one and the same. Won't ignore the fact that both products were released within months of each other.

My theory: Final formulation of the product was already set and ready to be distributed by the lab during that period. The different release dates might have been due to minor differences between the brands' demands for the product / or an attempt to not release one product at too close a date to the other - which might potentially affect sales.

Besides the ingredients list, I think the products have one other thing in common: They both disappoint. For myself, and for quite alot of people based on what I see online.

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yaaaaas bro. I read somewhere online that Original by blumaan and HDF gravity paste have almost identical ingredient lists. Although I haven't compared the lists myself, I wouldn't write that off as they look, feel, smell and perform almost exactly the same. I got a feeling that the lab which cooks both brand's products are one and the same. Won't ignore the fact that both products were released within months of each other.

My theory: Final formulation of the product was already set and ready to be distributed by the lab during that period. The different release dates might have been due to minor differences between the brands' demands for the product / or an attempt to not release one product at too close a date to the other - which might potentially affect sales.

Besides the ingredients list, I think the products have one other thing in common: They both disappoint. For myself, and for quite alot of people based on what I see online.

when i smell the gravity paste, i thought of blumaan.

pretty much disappointing to many people but there are people who likes it.

goes to show that different product fits the bill for different people.

so slowly try and get the one you actually like.
:D

dj_flame

Reaction score
They both disappoint. For myself, and for quite alot of people based on what I see online.
Seems like both products only work for angmoh hair.

Worse?

The over-$30 price tag. There are way better options at the price.

deaththeorist

Master Member
Reaction score

I think it is extremely probable that the lab simply pushed hdf and blumaan the formula and they readily accepted. It is well known that the founders of both brands aren't trained in hair. (blumaan kids obviously, and hdf said in an interview/demo that all 3 co founders aren't hair ppl)

nichsong

Reaction score
Seems like both products only work for angmoh hair.

Worse?

The over-$30 price tag. There are way better options at the price.

Yeap. To be fair I find some of HDF' offerings to be pretty unique, like quicksand maybe. So far its the only product I've tried that works the way it does (Gives the same effect as a SSS). The only drawback is that it tends to dry out your hair like SSS does too when used over a long period of time.

As for Blumaan, I think what they're actually selling is Joe's youtube popularity. Product wise, it definitely isn't the holy grail of hair products like how it was all hyped up to be. It claimed to work well for people of all types and lengths of hair. Its when you hype it up like that, couple it with Joe's popularity, and the product disappoints in the end.. This is what happens la. A large group of pple not satisfied. It definitely doesn't work well at all for people with fine/straight hair from what I have gathered thus far. Like what you mentioned, there are many products within that price range or even lesser that work far better.

nichsong

Reaction score
I think it is extremely probable that the lab simply pushed hdf and blumaan the formula and they readily accepted. It is well known that the founders of both brands aren't trained in hair. (blumaan kids obviously, and hdf said in an interview/demo that all 3 co founders aren't hair ppl)

Agreed.. A pity it couldn't even work decently for our hair type. If it was at least on par with other top notch products in terms of endurance and hold, I wouldn't foresee as many complaints. Cos if the product works, it works and if it so happens the product was marketed well, even better. If it doens't work but yet the product was all mega, ultra hyped up.. Consumers would feel "cheated" after purchasing and trying it out. That's how it works though. We are a results driven world. For the most part.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.