Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

Status
Not open for further replies.

jhawk2820

Reaction score
This afternoon went to Nat Aire and ordered LG System 4 at S$4,171.90 with 5 years warranty on Compressor and Spare Parts.

Before ordering, the Sales Staff will ascertain with you to ensure that there would be no obstruction such as built-in wardrobe etc and that the distance from ACU to the furthest FCU is not more than 15 m away.

I also ensure that they supply the bracket which is big and strong enough to accommodate the ACU as mine is High Capacity (which means bigger ACU). My past experience is if the ACU is not sited horizontally and parallel to the ground level, or tilted slightly or not fastened properly to the bracket, in no time, the ACU will kaput due to unbalance of bearing (which caused great wear and tear to the compressor) and unnecessary vibration.

The specifications of my order are as follows:

a) ACU - A4UQ30GFA0 (Made in Korea)

b) FCU - AMNC09GDBA2 - 9k BTU x 3 no & AMNC12GDBA2 - 12k BTU x 1 no (All Made in Korea)

c) Upgrade - Kemflex - 12.7 mm (half inch) insulation & SWG21 cu pipings

d) With S$350 Choice Vouchers

e) 12 months interest free installation plan @ S$347.66 per month using UOB Credit card.

I will update on the installation and the workmanship in due course.

So stay tune!

Just finished my LG aircon fan motor replacement 2 hrs ago, repeating issues for the pass 2 years. have a brief chat with the repair tech. they have been replacing many LG and Mitsubishi starmex fan motor. it seem to be a quality issues and feedback was done pass few year and manufacturer are not doing anything to improve it.

Hottyhot

Reaction score
Just finished my LG aircon fan motor replacement 2 hrs ago, repeating issues for the pass 2 years. have a brief chat with the repair tech. they have been replacing many LG and Mitsubishi starmex fan motor. it seem to be a quality issues and feedback was done pass few year and manufacturer are not doing anything to improve it.

So far I guess the cheapest is midea. Wonder how reliable it is

sesame246

Reaction score
which aircon company is reliable to buy from?

I have the same question too.

go online to check.

coolserve
------------

Daikin > RKS35GVMG / FTKS35DVM

Energy Label :
Refrigerant :
Equipment :
$765.00
Installation : $450.00
Bracket : $150.00
Power Point : $300.00
GST (7%) : $116.55
Total $1,781.55

Gain City
-----------
DAIKIN SYSTEM 1 AIRCON
RKS35GVMG~FTKS35DVM | T0010962
$1,019.00

I called up they said inclusive of standard installation. Site survey is free.

anyone knows whats the breakdown? Under what circumstances do i need a bracket or powerpoint? I am replacing an old air-con which is not working now. Intend to hv a new piping instead of using the old one.

qwertqwert

Reaction score

go online to check.

coolserve
------------

Energy Label :
Refrigerant :
Equipment :
$765.00
Total $1,781.55

Gain City
-----------
DAIKIN SYSTEM 1 AIRCON
$1,019.00

anyone knows whats the breakdown? Under what circumstances do i need a bracket or powerpoint? I am replacing an old air-con which is not working now. Intend to hv a new piping instead of using the old one.

from airconquotations. seems like air connection not bad. any review on them?

devilcup

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

go online to check.

coolserve
------------

Energy Label :
Refrigerant :
Equipment :
$765.00
Total $1,781.55

Gain City
-----------
DAIKIN SYSTEM 1 AIRCON
$1,019.00

Coolserve website very long time no update liao...

you can use http://diyappliances.com.sg or http://coolworldaircon.com.sg/daikin-aircon-promotion/ to do some comparison... maybe not apple to apple for cold world buy it around the same. BTW, i asked around, it seems like when you upgrade to bigger fcu, it is ard 100-400 buck depending on the size.

Hottyhot

Reaction score

go online to check.

coolserve
------------

Energy Label :
Refrigerant :
Equipment :
$765.00
Total $1,781.55

Gain City
-----------
DAIKIN SYSTEM 1 AIRCON
$1,019.00

U can use back the existing power point (it's called a isolator) if it is still working. No need to do new one. As for bracket, unless it is corroded and not safe to use then need to change.

shadowoflight

Reaction score
Stayed in multiple apartments and have agents in the family. I'd avoid Daikin as they are unreliable, noisy and not cold - even for a brand new set.

Can't say much for their higher end units, but the standard Daikin fair should be avoided imho.

No issues with mcquay and the rest. Toshiba has fantastic made in Japan compressors, but the blowers.. could be better.

Based on what I see and hear...mitsubishi's the best? What about panasonic btw.

lydiasops

Reaction score
from airconquotations. seems like air connection not bad. any review on them?

I gave them a bad review coz they were late for my first time site consultation. Moved on to the next on the list and happy to find a good and attentive provider.

On a fair note, maybe mine was an one off case as I'm particular with punctuality.

Hottyhot

Reaction score
Stayed in multiple apartments and have agents in the family. I'd avoid Daikin as they are unreliable, noisy and not cold - even for a brand new set.

Can't say much for their higher end units, but the standard Daikin fair should be avoided imho.

No issues with mcquay and the rest. Toshiba has fantastic made in Japan compressors, but the blowers.. could be better.

Based on what I see and hear...mitsubishi's the best? What about panasonic btw.

My friend installed Daikin system 3 (3mks71fsg) in June this year and till now no problem and very quiet and cooling.
Only thing is make sure to check the fcu is not slanted when they install.

Frederick84

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
guys..

my house, 1 master bedroom, 2 common bedroom and a living room, running a system 4, mitsubishi heavy industry, with compressor outside service yard.

Pls recommend a good air con service coy tat can do the below,

1) clean 4 indoor fan coils,
2) chk pressure of refrigerant, and pump if need
3) clean outdoor compressor

pls provide contact and quote if u got haha..

Thx in advance..

galaxynote

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I am using mitsubishi starmex 5 ticks
System 4
9k x2
13kx1 mbr
24k living room

Cost 4.5k
GC
So far so good

OrangePineapple

Reaction score
Hi all,

any good and reliable air con installers to recommend?

My close to 5 years panasonic air con is finally reaching its end of endurance mainly due to bad installation, bad piping and bad cabling. the installation is so bad that the whole air con trunking start to sweat and condense after few months. eventually leaked into my walls and paint. now my rooms the walls look like ****.

I think due to the water and moisture it affected the cabling and now one of my FCU cannot turn on anymore. ask ppl to check and they say the whole set of aircon condition is very bad.

I think i will go for replacement of entire aircon, including all the piping and trunking. Any good place to recommend?

The installation workmanship, piping, cabling is utmost importance to me. I want to avoid all the installation headache and nightmare which i encountered. I am prepared to pay premium but the quality must be good

Thanks

victorkk

Reaction score
i'm deciding between the following AC.

D 4MKS80FSG + 3xFTKS25DVM + 1xFTKS71FVM
MIT MXY-4A28VA + 3xMSY-GE10VA + 1xMSY-GE24VA
MIT MXY-4G28VA + 3xMSXY-FJ10VE + 1xMSXY-FJ24VE
MHI SCM80ZJ-S + 3xSRK25ZJ-S + 1xSRK71ZK-S

A few questions for discussion.

1) Does higher airflow (CMM) means faster cooling down of the rooms?

2) Running current for MSXY-FJ10VE and MSXY-FJ24VE are 0.35A and 0.52A respectively, very much lower than the 3.xA and 1x.xA for the rest of the models. This means the power consumption is much lower since Power = Voltage x Current. Is my understanding correct?

3) With any of the above combination, i can only switch on for either 1 x living room or 3 x bedrooms and shouldn't try 1 x living room and 1 x bedroom right?

4) Wonder if MXY-4G28VA is worth it for reliability and durability?

Thanks!

galaxynote

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i'm deciding between the following AC.

D 4MKS80FSG + 3xFTKS25DVM + 1xFTKS71FVM
MIT MXY-4A28VA + 3xMSY-GE10VA + 1xMSY-GE24VA
MIT MXY-4G28VA + 3xMSXY-FJ10VE + 1xMSXY-FJ24VE
MHI SCM80ZJ-S + 3xSRK25ZJ-S + 1xSRK71ZK-S

A few questions for discussion.

1) Does higher airflow (CMM) means faster cooling down of the rooms?

2) Running current for MSXY-FJ10VE and MSXY-FJ24VE are 0.35A and 0.52A respectively, very much lower than the 3.xA and 1x.xA for the rest of the models. This means the power consumption is much lower since Power = Voltage x Current. Is my understanding correct?

3) With any of the above combination, i can only switch on for either 1 x living room or 3 x bedrooms and shouldn't try 1 x living room and 1 x bedroom right?

4) Wonder if MXY-4G28VA is worth it for reliability and durability?

Thanks!

Go for fj series . U wont regret

victorkk

Reaction score
Thanks galaxynote. :) What is the significant differences between the FJ and the older GE series? The airflow figure seems higher so is my understanding that higher is better is correct?

Need to dig $4550 for the FJ from somewhere..

Go for fj series . U wont regret

devilcup

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks galaxynote. :) What is the significant differences between the FJ and the older GE series? The airflow figure seems higher so is my understanding that higher is better is correct?

Need to dig $4550 for the FJ from somewhere..

U can also look at daikin smile series. 5 tick Aircon. Just launch. From spec, it seems abit more powerful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.