Best VPN provider (In your opinion)? (Strictly no referral allowed)

cowoth

Reaction score
Anyone using Strong VPN can give some feedback? Is it reliable for watching US Netflix and other channels?

I read that using dedicated IP from a VPN provider will not get blocked by services like Netflix because only 1 person using. Can anyone confirm if that is true?

ZrE0_Cha0s

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The latest opera browser has a built in free VPN. Any users on it, feedbacks?

quite limited on the countries selection, network speed does decrease some how, have yet tried on other web as I have not much time to test it fully.

maybe u can download and go to those website that required vpn to test it. as I only test it like Google and Facebook and those local web I go only.

Last edited:

stiwipl

Reaction score
Anyone using Strong VPN can give some feedback? Is it reliable for watching US Netflix and other channels?

I read that using dedicated IP from a VPN provider will not get blocked by services like Netflix because only 1 person using. Can anyone confirm if that is true?

They had or maybe still have a very good promo, so I signed up for trial account. What a mistake. I thought they have learned something through all this years. Their Mac app was unstable. Speeds were horrible. Netflix showed proxy error (but it was supposed to be working).

cowoth

Reaction score
They had or maybe still have a very good promo, so I signed up for trial account. What a mistake. I thought they have learned something through all this years. Their Mac app was unstable. Speeds were horrible. Netflix showed proxy error (but it was supposed to be working).

Piangz tks for feedback...I thought Strong was one of the better ones since they in business so long but I guess not...

lordlad0

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
goddamn....4 years later and my thread is still going strong...

anyway, nowadays i just used Getflix for my Hulu needs (netflix already came local so no need)....I got a Getflix lifetime subscription so i am provided for good.

stiwipl

Reaction score
Astrill for me

Hard to beat I agree. There are two issues with them:

1. Pricing. I was told by one of their developers months ago that they are considering including home plan in standard pricing. Didn't happen. When you add up StealthVPN (for faster speeds via Astrill applet vs OpenVPN) + home plan, it gets expensive. I prefer to keep now 2-3 VPNs for US Netflix instead of one. To be honest I am waiting for Black Friday sale, hoping they will offer a nice deal for 2 years.

2. Some of their IPs are so popular already, they should consider changing them. Example: being connected to NL server, Google is showing me chinese ads everywhere I am. The obvious reason for this is because Astrill was preferred solution in China, so Google also know who are the majority of users coming from Astrill's IPs and therefore show targeted chinese ads. Beside, their IPs have been blacklisted on so many websites already and the Google captcha is annoying too.

MikeDirnt78

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Astrill is still good for Bukit Timah.

The firewall based internet kill switch is 100% secure. You will be teleported immediately from Bukit Timah the moment Astrill got disconnected.

drsubaru

Reaction score
All solid points, thanks for sharing!

Astrill for me, I find getting complacent, so thinking whether to switch out :D

oric1

Reaction score
My 2-year Astrill's subscription ending next month, like stiwipl said, I'll be looking out for their Black Friday Sale, I'm sticking with them cos their speed are good. No complain for me. Being with them for 4 years already.

drsubaru

Reaction score
My 2-year Astrill's subscription ending next month, like stiwipl said, I'll be looking out for their Black Friday Sale, I'm sticking with them cos their speed are good. No complain for me. Being with them for 4 years already.

What is their discount normally?

Do they have sales on CyberMonday?

Thanks!

Hafi

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I got lifetime subscription for PureVPN... cost me less than US$100 one time fee.

oric1

Reaction score
What is their discount normally?

Do they have sales on CyberMonday?

Thanks!

The savings can be quite substantial, forgot how much I saved when I signed up the 2-year plan.

I'm not sure about Cyber Monday but I usually wait for their Black Friday.

oric1

Reaction score
VPN can access to US netflix from Singapore ?

Used to until they blocked all VPNs but there are still VPNs that can access US Netflix... it's a cat & mouse game now, what works today may not work tomorrow. That's why I terminated my Netflix few months ago.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.