Ask me any questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

anyhowsaysay

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, need some clarification. Going to Tokyo this month for 10 days. Landing in Haneda and hotel in Ikebukuro.

1) Which is the correct way to go Ikebukuro from Haneda airport.
a) By Keikyu railways to Shinagawa Station follow by taking the JR Yamanote
line to Ikebukuro Station or
b) Taking an airport Limousine bus at Haneda airport. But not sure does it go
direct to Ikebukuro?

I will be at Tokyo for the full period, likely only taking a day trip to Mount Fuji/Hakone. Do i need to purchase the Tokyo Metro & Toei Subway ticket at Haneda airport for our full 10 days? How about Suica card? What is the difference?

Thanks in advance!

Numerous way can go to Haneda airport. Another way by train is Yamanote to Hamamatsucho then Monorail to Haneda. Buying individual tickets very troublesome. Easier way always is use Suica same as our ezlink. No difference but i heard minor rounding on fare.

Annieloh

Reaction score
Numerous way can go to Haneda airport. Another way by train is Yamanote to Hamamatsucho then Monorail to Haneda. Buying individual tickets very troublesome. Easier way always is use Suica same as our ezlink. No difference but i heard minor rounding on fare.
Thanks for your quick reply! What i mean is from Haneda airport go hotel in Ikebukuro?

anyhowsaysay

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks for your quick reply! What i mean is from Haneda airport go hotel in Ikebukuro?

works the same way. For me I always take Monorail to Hamamatsucho then take Yamanote to Ikebukuro. Just get the suica at the machine outside of Monorail.

Joelynn075

Reaction score
Hokkaido Free & Easy

Hi, Im landing at CTS Airport. Where shld I start my trip?
Was thinking Hadokate, Asahikawa, Sapporo for 7 days 6 Nights. Is it enough?

petty blue

Master Member
Reaction score
landing in haneda and my hotel is in shimbamba. which is the best route.
airport -> shinagawa -> shimbamba or airport -> keikyu kamata ->shinagawa

thanks

s7460597

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Check out this promo yen500 available weekends, pH convering monorail from haneda and yamanote.
http://www.tokyo-monorail.co.jp/english/tickets/value/yamanote.html

Windowlover

Reaction score
What i always do is create custom google Maps

MXyg2Os.jpg

What i created for my trip next month

https://www.google.com/maps/d/

Google Maps will guide you to your destination!

HyEREol.jpg

That's great. Will get the Changi Wifi will be better to connect goggles map then.

Kusanagi

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hihi, is there any recommended itineraries for okinawa? preferably stay within naha, will be there for 5 nights

s7460597

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Pardon the noob question. Is there any place in or around Tokyo that serves food prepared from fresh local produce? The freshly harvested stuff. Preferably at a budget.

evilerniex

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hihi, is there any recommended itineraries for okinawa? preferably stay within naha, will be there for 5 nights

here is my trip report for okinawa:
http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/j...mano-okinawa-9-nov-24-nov-2012-a-3994176.html

are u planning to drive? it is easier to get ard okinawa by car. public transport is not very accessible and journey is long.
i would suggest staying a night in nago to visit the aquarium. coz it is quite far to get to the aquarium from naha. it is doable, just more rush.

Kusanagi

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
here is my trip report for okinawa:
http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/j...mano-okinawa-9-nov-24-nov-2012-a-3994176.html

are u planning to drive? it is easier to get ard okinawa by car. public transport is not very accessible and journey is long.
i would suggest staying a night in nago to visit the aquarium. coz it is quite far to get to the aquarium from naha. it is doable, just more rush.

hi there thanks for replying, yes we have booked a car during our stay there, thanks for the tip on the aquarium, i heard it's a must visit

evilerniex

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hi there thanks for replying, yes we have booked a car during our stay there, thanks for the tip on the aquarium, i heard it's a must visit

yup, it is the main attraction in okinawa. do cater at least half a day for the aquarium coz the park is huge.
lemme know if u need the mapcode/tel no. of the attractions for ur car gps

evilerniex

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Any tips for okinawa?

as i mentioned earlier, renting a car will be good, especially since most of the attractions are outside naha.
u may want to divide ur time between naha and nago since they are quite far apart. how many days at each place will depend on wat u plan to cover.

tt is all i can think of. may be able to help better if u have more specific questions? :o

Windowlover

Reaction score
Can anyone advise me further as I plan to visit Mt Fuji 5th Station in my coming trip and staying near Sunroute Hotel Shinjuku. I read there is a express bus terminal there,, it is correct to buy ticket there and the route is direct to Mt Fuji or stopover at Kawaguchiko station to board any bus up ? What is the rough cost for this transportation as confusing from http://highway-buses.jp/fuji/

weiiix

Master Member
Reaction score
Sorry to ask as its my first time going to tokyo this nov, is APA Hotel Higashi-Shinjuku Kabukicho a good location to stay? If not any recommended place, now is abt 500 for 4 nights.

Will be visiting Akihabara, Ginza,Disney Sea, maybe Mt Fuji and Tokyo station for Shinkansen to Hakodate.

Thank you.

tidalstorm

Master Member
Reaction score
May I know is there any ezlink card that I can purchase for travel in Osaka, koyoto, kobe Jr line, subway line, private line? There are too many lines and cards. Very confusing. So would like to buy one card that can let me travel on any lines without the need to buy a single trip pass every time.

Is there such card for children as well? Pls advise. Thank you

Sent from Bona Fide Phone using GAGT

cpuer

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
May I know is there any ezlink card that I can purchase for travel in Osaka, koyoto, kobe Jr line, subway line, private line? There are too many lines and cards. Very confusing. So would like to buy one card that can let me travel on any lines without the need to buy a single trip pass every time.

Is there such card for children as well? Pls advise. Thank you

Sent from Bona Fide Phone using GAGT

https://www.westjr.co.jp/global/en/ticket/icoca-haruka/ is for you. If you dont want the HARUKA return tickets, you can buy only the ICOCA. No children price though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.