Asus N56U Singtel Presets

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hey thanks for the reply. Another question. For my connection from Aztech router to Asus router (using it in Access Point mode) should I connect via LAN port of my Aztech router to the WAN port of my Asus router or LAN port of my Aztech router to the LAN port of the Asus router? If I were to use the latter set up (LAN -> LAN), will I still be able to hook up my PC to another LAN port of the Asus router for Internet connection?

you cannot use asus in access point mode if you connect LAN to LAN.

Asuswrt will only detect the WAN port if you intend to set the system into access point mode. Meaning, once your asus router is set to access point mode, there Aztech LAN should connect to asus WAN..

From this set up, asus allows you to make full use of your 4 lan ports.

This is an asuswrt firmware feature, not applicable to all routers..

Ah-Pin-Kor

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I flashed my N56U to official stock Asus firmware 378.4850 and then set it to AP mode. I connected my main router to the WAN port of the N56U, the N56U works fine in AP mode. I moved the cable to one of the LAN ports of the N56U, it also works fine.

TruthOrDare

Reaction score
you cannot use asus in access point mode if you connect LAN to LAN.

Asuswrt will only detect the WAN port if you intend to set the system into access point mode. Meaning, once your asus router is set to access point mode, there Aztech LAN should connect to asus WAN..

From this set up, asus allows you to make full use of your 4 lan ports.

This is an asuswrt firmware feature, not applicable to all routers..

Thanks! Finally found time to set this up and so far it's working like charm :)

Calvin83

Reaction score
Hi, currently using RT-AC68U as replacement for the SingTel modem, and lately I'm considering upgrading it to RT-AC5300 or RT-AC88U. My question is whether the RT-AC5300 or RT-AC88U will work?

I remembered that only certain Asus modem routers work for SingTel's fibre network.

kero89

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi, currently using RT-AC68U as replacement for the SingTel modem, and lately I'm considering upgrading it to RT-AC5300 or RT-AC88U. My question is whether the RT-AC5300 or RT-AC88U will work?

I remembered that only certain Asus modem routers work for SingTel's fibre network.

Yes will work. The presets are there.

VingMerv

Reaction score

Hello Calvin 83 and all,

i bought a Asus AC68U to replace the horrendous Pace modem that comes with the entertainment bundle @ 200Mbps. i do not have MioVoice but have 2 STBs.

Learning through the threads, i configured LAN3 and LAN4 (via manual settings) with the suggested VID/PRIO settings and was able to watch cable channels from the 2STBs for approx. 3 mths without any issues. i did not have an additional switch.

Last month, both STBs hung on me and i wasn't able to view cable channels from either STB. I was very sure that no one touches / changed any settings in the AC68U.

I just managed to get only 1 STB working through the standard singtel-mio profile but was never able to get the 2nd one working again.

Does anyone have a similar experience? Does anyone here managed to hook up 2 STBs to a AC68U without issues?

Any advice for me how to get the 2 STBs running again will be greatly appreciated. Many thanks to all in advance!

guitar123

Reaction score
I have Singnet 500mbps fibre plan at home.

Recently, the wireless connection started to drop, despite me rebooting and all that. So I thought maybe the wireless router (which was supplied by Singtel, Aztech model) was faulty.

So 3 days back I bought a brand new Asus N56U, configured it and it worked ok. But after a day, the same problem of wireless dropping started again.

To illustrate what I mean, I would turn off both switches to the ONT and modem, wait 2 minutes, turn them on. Then the wireless would come back on and everything would be fine.

After a while (sometimes as short as 30 minutes, but sometimes as long as 1/2 day), the wireless doesn't work. When I look at the modem and ONT lights, they all look ok.

So what is causing the wireless to drop? Is the ONT faulty? Or is the connection from Singtel faulty?

Any advice most appreciated.

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I have Singnet 500mbps fibre plan at home.

Recently, the wireless connection started to drop, despite me rebooting and all that. So I thought maybe the wireless router (which was supplied by Singtel, Aztech model) was faulty.

So 3 days back I bought a brand new Asus N56U, configured it and it worked ok. But after a day, the same problem of wireless dropping started again.

To illustrate what I mean, I would turn off both switches to the ONT and modem, wait 2 minutes, turn them on. Then the wireless would come back on and everything would be fine.

After a while (sometimes as short as 30 minutes, but sometimes as long as 1/2 day), the wireless doesn't work. When I look at the modem and ONT lights, they all look ok.

So what is causing the wireless to drop? Is the ONT faulty? Or is the connection from Singtel faulty?

Any advice most appreciated.

do you have an issue over LAN connection?

when you mean wireless drop, do you mean you lose wifi connectivity or you mean you are connected but there is no activity?

cscs3

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
do you have an issue over LAN connection?

when you mean wireless drop, do you mean you lose wifi connectivity or you mean you are connected but there is no activity?

If he is referring to ASUS router, wireless drop is quit common problem for ASUS especially with the 5Ghz band.
Not sure about the problem of your original router.

Last edited:

OnE_HaPPy

Reaction score
Home View on Singtel TV Go

After replacing Singtel router with Asus, I can't seem to connect as Home View user on Singtel TV Go app.

Called Singtel and they say I need to be using their modem...Any known work-around or change in settings? Thanks in advance.

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
After replacing Singtel router with Asus, I can't seem to connect as Home View user on Singtel TV Go app.

Called Singtel and they say I need to be using their modem...Any known work-around or change in settings? Thanks in advance.

someone mentioned before, if i'm not wrong for home view to work, you need to use their own router. 3rd party routers not supported..

Last edited:

Calvin83

Reaction score
I'm on SingTel fibre, and instead of the original router, I'm using the Asus RT-AC68U.

Do I still need the RT-AC68U or can it be fully replaced by Asus Lyra? Meaning I connect the Lyra directly to the ONT.

dragonl

Reaction score
Thinking of getting a Asus router. I need to support 2 STB and 5 wireless cam. Ideally with 8 port as 8 have a NAS and cam recorder working. Please advice the ideal model as well as how to do the setting for the 2nd STB.

SkyShroud

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thinking of getting a Asus router. I need to support 2 STB and 5 wireless cam. Ideally with 8 port as 8 have a NAS and cam recorder working. Please advice the ideal model as well as how to do the setting for the 2nd STB.
This router sucks, don't bother. It is a free gift router, is even more budget than budget router.

kycpokemon

Reaction score

No luck there. I tried restarting and resetting the router and inputting the presets and could not get Singtel TV GO to work. I gave up, changed back to Singtel issued router, and issue was fixed immediately. I then used my 68u as a Wireless repeater. Quite sad that cannot use with the app though.

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
anymore updates for this model to work with singtel line?

What do you mean here? This is a very old router.

All the later popular Asus routers support SingTel vlan, like RT-AC68U/86U/88U, and RT-AX56U/58U/82U/86U/88U. Even the cheap RT-AC2600 for M1 users support SingTel vlan as well.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.