Ask me any questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

cancer81

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ginza Uniqlo is worth a visit if you're in the area

If you want to you head towards the odaiba area?

Entropy

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
May I know if Ginza worth a visit?dun intend to go there shop for high end products.
Any suggestion of how should I start my day after the early breakfast at Tsukiji market?

On Sat and Sun, Ginza roads are closed in afternoons and turned into a pedestrian mall. If you happen to be going on a weekend.

Also you don't need to buy anything... you could just walk down Ginza as an experience on the way to Tokyo Station/Marunouchi/Nihonbashi area.

berrytini

Reaction score
u can always navigate with a paper map. just need to plan how to get around beforehand. so far i have not used data plan for my japan trips. as mentioned by cpuer, getting lost is part of fun of travelling, and u may discover interesting things that are off the tourist map.
maybe i am just old school ;)

True! But I'm trying to avoid getting too lost and deplete my 1 day shopping lol. I don't mind (getting lost) if I have more time to explore. Plus the shops close early and given the limited time I have I really gotta plan ahead.. omg I already feel I wanna go jp again after I'm back from my trip lol.

berrytini

Reaction score
Metro would have their passes, but solely on their own network(s). Like many have mentioned before, within Tokyo , just the SUICA will do. IMO passes just too much hassle except when u are really want to maximize the value. But if you somehow can mange all your travel within their network & worth the value of the pass, then by all means get their pass.

eg
http://www.tokyometro.jp/en/ticket/value/1day/index.html

yes, Uniqlo and MUJI Ginza is near to Ginza stn. But pick the correct exit though, a wrong one will "lengthen" your walking distance:)

Sorry if I asked the same questions. I'll take the suica then. I'm kinda confused by the transportation system. Can I use suica to minatormirai? This is my plan: minatormirai > Yokohama > ginza > Yokohama > minatormirai. After breakfast I'll head to Yokohama to shop first then ginza then back to my hotel at minatormirai. OR I could go straight to ginza first thing in the morning then on the way back go Yokohama to shop/eat before heading back to my hotel.

berrytini

Reaction score
Muji is just next to JR Yurakucho station (less than 3 min walk), could have just alight at the next stop after JR Shinbashi station.

Means just stay on jr line right? Is Uniqlo around there too? Any idea if yoshida porter and CDG in the vicinity as well?

evilerniex

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Sorry if I asked the same questions. I'll take the suica then. I'm kinda confused by the transportation system. Can I use suica to minatormirai? This is my plan: minatormirai > Yokohama > ginza > Yokohama > minatormirai. After breakfast I'll head to Yokohama to shop first then ginza then back to my hotel at minatormirai. OR I could go straight to ginza first thing in the morning then on the way back go Yokohama to shop/eat before heading back to my hotel.

shops usually opens only ard 10-11am in most malls. u may want to plan some sightseeing if u are early. or u can head to tuskiji market for breakfast, then walk over to ginza

evilerniex

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thank you so much! Heading there later. Gotta get adapter and change to yen. Very last min.

the exchange rates for money chargers in orchard is likely to be bad. u may want to consider going raffles place arcade or chinatown

nemo88

Reaction score
the exchange rates for money chargers in orchard is likely to be bad. u may want to consider going raffles place arcade or chinatown

Actually Lucky Plaza rates are not bad. The one on the corner closest to Tangs is where I go when I don't have time to go to places like The arcade. If you're not changing huge amounts of money the difference is often not worth the extra time/effort/transport cost. I usually just check their rate against the Mustafa forex page just to be sure.

thwysg

Reaction score
Means just stay on jr line right? Is Uniqlo around there too? Any idea if yoshida porter and CDG in the vicinity as well?

Yes. Yes, walk about 10 mins. Not sure but there's Dover Street Market next to Uniqlo Ginza. Can find Porter at Yokohama station under Kura Chika.

berrytini

Reaction score
shops usually opens only ard 10-11am in most malls. u may want to plan some sightseeing if u are early. or u can head to tuskiji market for breakfast, then walk over to ginza

That's a good idea! The market opens early for breakfast right? Can we buy the dried scallop there as well? Or do you recommend any place in Tokyo/Yokohama I can get it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.