Ask me any questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

kifo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ya will get heattech leggings.
Socks will get heattech ones too.
For beanie and gloves can just get from uniqlo?

Yup uniqlo has hats and gloves at a reasonable price. But you can just wait till you get to Japan and but these as there will be lots of choices, not just from uniqlo.

Dreaming

Reaction score
Anyone here know what is the limit for carry on bag on SIA? I plan to put my down jacket coat in duffle bag.

anyhowsaysay

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks ahss. What if it I got an reserved seat for 7pm but decided to take the earlier train can I just go get another reserved seat ?

Yes. Either go to the ticket counter and get another seat ticket or otherwise you can just board the train and sit in unreserved free seating area.

I think unreserved and reserved seat is the same seating so no difference. Likely unreserved also got quite many seating assuming you are taking hikari using JR pass. I never taken before non green seating so can't be 100 percent sure about the crowd

MajiMax

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Usually got seat available on unreserved seat unless you hopping it at Tokyo or Kyoto, so far I always get a seat on unreserved.

Every station always got ppl get off also, if u didn't manage to get a seat, u can wait inside sks for next station ppl get off, anyway you will be standing at train station to wait for next sks ride to get a seat, might well stand inside sks to wait.

Ruriel

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Anyone here know what is the limit for carry on bag on SIA? I plan to put my down jacket coat in duffle bag.

Just carry it on your hand first when checking in / weighing your carry-on bag. After the procedures then dump it inside the bag lor.

Dreaming

Reaction score
Just carry it on your hand first when checking in / weighing your carry-on bag. After the procedures then dump it inside the bag lor.

I dont have duffle bag. Need to buy it. Not sure if my down jacket coat can fit in..

Last edited:

Nalgene123

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The roppogi hill stretch walking down towards Tokyo Tower not bad. Though mainly is just lighting up the trees lining the street, but the atmosphere is quite good.

Yep...that's Keyakizaka Street behind Roppongi Hills where the famous photo of the illumination with Tokyo Tower in the background is taken...there's a bridge that stretches from Roppongi Hills where the photo is taken....

nemo88

Reaction score
Any reason why you need to carry the down jacket with you on the plane? Get a simple duffle or sturdy plastic zip carrier and collect it at destination.

darkmatt

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just leave in bag also can.. collect at destination. At least you know you will collect it..

cpuer

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
dont over do it especially when u are in the city. the trains and most malls/shops are all heated. It'll be frustrating if you all bundled up and stuck in a toasty train.

breakurhead

Reaction score
Anyone knows where can I get a favourable exchange rate in Tokyo (comparable to Singapore?)? I'm currently overseas so I can't change in Singapore. So far I check MUFG and some japanese money changers their rates not very good.

rVn_mUfC

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone knows where can I get a favourable exchange rate in Tokyo (comparable to Singapore?)? I'm currently overseas so I can't change in Singapore. So far I check MUFG and some japanese money changers their rates not very good.

Japan money changer are horrible. I rather u draw from ur atm or use credit card.

nemo88

Reaction score
Yup use your ATM to withdraw cash - much better option. Just make sure you have a back up card in case one doesn't work or hits a daily limit. Call your bank to check as well that hey don't freeze your card for unusual activity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.