NIE admission anyone? - Part 2

surferpunk

Reaction score
NIE admission anyone?

I've been looking for this thread. But can't seems to find it. Anyone went through it already? I heard that it will take 1 week after the interview to know your results. This 1 week is really killing me. Arghhh!!

I have two friends who applied as well. But both didn't even get the interview. One is much better while another is a bit worse than me. My results are so borderline. I'm shocked that I even got the interview. And the questions they asked are not the usual ones. They seemed more interested in my CCAs than me. Anyone can shed some light on this? This suspense is really killing me.

Anyone who have been shortlisted for the previous years can share their experience? I need some info but there's none to be found. Tried google-ing but most results refer back to flowerpod.sg but they are down for the mo. Anyone with any of their friends in the same shoe as me?

huangsandra

Reaction score
tuition centre

Hi,everyone,I have a question about the tuition. I failed my first application and will continue applying next year. Because I like teaching, now I want to teach in tuition center, is it helpful for my application or will have some negative influence?Thank You

Hipster

Reaction score
Hi,everyone,I have a question about the tuition. I failed my first application and will continue applying next year. Because I like teaching, now I want to teach in tuition center, is it helpful for my application or will have some negative influence?Thank You

Hi huangsandra,

From what I know, MOE recruits mid-career teachers from all walks of life. They favour applicants who demonstrate that teaching is the preferred path for them.

If you are from a teaching related field you would have shown them that you've persevered in your path. If you came from a non-teaching field they would have known you've tried other jobs and affirmed that teaching is right for you.

It won't hurt your application to work in a tuition centre. However, it is unnecessary to deliberately find work in the teaching field to apply successfully into MOE. My advice would be to stick with the best job for you in terms of passion and finances while reapplying.

huangsandra

Reaction score
Hi huangsandra,

From what I know, MOE recruits mid-career teachers from all walks of life. They favour applicants who demonstrate that teaching is the preferred path for them.

If you are from a teaching related field you would have shown them that you've persevered in your path. If you came from a non-teaching field they would have known you've tried other jobs and affirmed that teaching is right for you.

It won't hurt your application to work in a tuition centre. However, it is unnecessary to deliberately find work in the teaching field to apply successfully into MOE. My advice would be to stick with the best job for you in terms of passion and finances while reapplying.

Thanks for your advice.

faejah

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Anyone got into the 'appointment' stage yet? Anybody knows what is about? Is it like some sort of briefing or smth and does anyone knows how long the session would last?

jamie22jay

Reaction score
Year 3 in Uni

Hi everyone, anyone can share their experience please?
esp those who just graduated from uni (non-fass course in uni) and applying to NIE

Im studying in SMU right now.

I want to apply for NIE PGDE next year for the December intake.

I'm also intending to apply for the summer internship. During the course of next year is there anything I need to prepare portfolio wise?

Please let me know what I need to look out for/ ways I can build my portfolio. Thank you so much!

Chosam

Reaction score
Still waiting

Hi all, just wanted to share:

My interview was on 14 Nov for Sec Biology/ComputerApps
Received a shortlisted email on 9 Dec
Currently waiting for further updates

Seems like some of you alr got the offer letter and the next step is to attend the briefing on 5th Jan? Hope I will get it soon too.

juggernaut7

Reaction score
Hi all, just wanted to share:

My interview was on 14 Nov for Sec Biology/ComputerApps
Received a shortlisted email on 9 Dec
Currently waiting for further updates

Seems like some of you alr got the offer letter and the next step is to attend the briefing on 5th Jan? Hope I will get it soon too.
Hi Chosam,
I'm in the same situation as you.
Went interview on 01 Nov for PGDE Mother Tongue (Sec) & rcvd shortlisted email on 02 Dec. Now going into Jan 17 & no update or anything from MOE.
I got to know from my friend who has finished her 6mths teaching stint & now in NIE that the earliest start date for PGDE MT (Sec) is in Dec 17, hence I guess MOE is not in a rush for my subject.
Could the same reason be the delay for your subject too?
Anyway, pls keep ourselves updated thru this forum.
Thanks & Happy New Year!

shadedpages

Reaction score
Anyone going for appointment briefing on 5th Jan?

hi there! can i ask if you have already signed contract with them? wondering if the appt briefing is only for those who have already cleared all medical and contract signing. thank you!

Hikaru111

Reaction score
ELPT

Hi all,
I am new here anyone has taken ELPT at NIE recently? i like to check how it is done. tks tks :D

Xiuje87

Reaction score
Hi has anyone who has gone for interview in August and still waiting for outcome after being shortlisted in October for employment??

spuispui

Reaction score
Just medical. Was asked to decide on that day

hi there! can i ask if you have already signed contract with them? wondering if the appt briefing is only for those who have already cleared all medical and contract signing. thank you!

changs123

Reaction score
Hi has anyone who has gone for interview in August and still waiting for outcome after being shortlisted in October for employment??

same situation as u... Are u in your final semester or have you alrdy grad?

shadedpages

Reaction score
Just medical. Was asked to decide on that day

oh? you were asked to decide on the same day as medical? that's interesting.. they must've processed your medical report immediately then.

all the best at the appt briefing! i think it means u confirm will be employed by them le :)

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.