Ask me any questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

cpuer

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i'm visiting kuruma onsen up in kyoto. quite hard to get there but i'm quite determined to go.

anyone here went b4? whats the experience like?
I have not been to Kurama Onsen, but to Kurama dera. From the map, its seems like just a short stroll down from the Kurama station for 11min.

cpuer

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Since fushimi is near inari, I can go fushimi when I just reached Kyoto? Since I'll be at Kyoto station.

Revised:
Reached 10am.
- fushimi inari shrine
- kiyomizudera temple
- higashiyama district
- gion
-nijo castle
-nishiki market
-Kyoto station

If no time, I can skip pontocho and have meals in gion or nearby. Same goes for isetan. Possible?

Sent from zhuzhu using GAGT

Just play it by ear lor. We can plan but many thing will crop up along the way, just stay cool and keep calm and everything will be OK.

s7460597

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Random question. Noticed in Japan, their notes very straight and no bend or fold marks. How y'all keep your notes sia? Everytime I pass money to them, they try to straighten it back. Is it frowned upon to bend roll or fold notes?

Last trip I used a pouch to hold my money. I've since bought a long bill fold/wallet.

anyhowsaysay

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Since fushimi is near inari, I can go fushimi when I just reached Kyoto? Since I'll be at Kyoto station.

Revised:
Reached 10am.
- fushimi inari shrine
- kiyomizudera temple
- higashiyama district
- gion
-nijo castle
-nishiki market
-Kyoto station

If no time, I can skip pontocho and have meals in gion or nearby. Same goes for isetan. Possible?

Very optimistic. Reach Kyoto 10am?
If lucky can reach Fushimi Station at 10:10. Then Fushimi is spend around 1-2hours reach noon. Then from Fushimi to Kiyomizudera is need go back Kyoto station again either take Train to Karasuma Gojo Station or Kiyomizu-Gojo station. Then need walk around 20-30mins upslope to Kiyomizu.

Some people take bus from Kyoto station. That one need wait super long queuing and still need up slope walking. Earlier i think u can finish Kiyomizu alone is 2-3pm. U do calculation and see. I think at most can do Higashiyama thats all.

Nijo, Nishiki all closed by then. Maybe at most u can return to Gion for dinner.

ash like snow

Master Member
Reaction score
If lucky can reach Fushimi Station at 10:10. Then Fushimi is spend around 1-2hours reach noon. Then from Fushimi to Kiyomizudera is need go back Kyoto station again either take Train to Karasuma Gojo Station or Kiyomizu-Gojo station. Then need walk around 20-30mins upslope to Kiyomizu.

Some people take bus from Kyoto station. That one need wait super long queuing and still need up slope walking. Earlier i think u can finish Kiyomizu alone is 2-3pm. U do calculation and see. I think at most can do Higashiyama thats all.

Nijo, Nishiki all closed by then. Maybe at most u can return to Gion for dinner.

Wah... Maybe can try to squeeze more if I wanna wake at 7 and leave by 8am...

Will tokyo, osaka and Kyoto become dark at 5pm? Someone asked this earlier but what if it's during April season? Same?

cpuer

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Wah... Maybe can try to squeeze more if I wanna wake at 7 and leave by 8am...

Will tokyo, osaka and Kyoto become dark at 5pm? Someone asked this earlier but what if it's during April season? Same?

all the sunsets and sunrises are here
https://www.timeanddate.com/sun/japan/kyoto

but this are absolute timing. The actual is like at half to one hr before u can sense that the sun is losing power and the sky like getting darker liao.

Last edited:

ash like snow

Master Member
Reaction score

nemo88

Reaction score

Unless you have a particular reason to visit Fushimi Inari, I would skip it and just spend your time in central Kyoto. Usually when visiting Kyoto people will organise the day in clusters so to save time travelling around.

Start a little earlier and allocate the morning to Kiyomizudera and Higashiyama 3hrs, you can end at Yasaka Shrine if you plan your walk in that direction. You can grab a bit to eat around Yasaka Shrine if you are hungry, if not head across the river to Nishiki market, which will take you to mid afternoon if you are really the fast walking chiong type. Daimaru is right where Nishiki is so if you need to shop/browse it could be your substitute for Isetan.

Then after that you can head to Gion/Pontocho (which is actually between Yasaka and Nishiki) for the late afternoon/evening.

Ruriel

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Tbh when travelling, I don't see the point to chiong from one place to another if it's gonna be just a touch and go. Just to say you've been there before when you have no interest to dwell and appreciate what is there? Liddat may as well follow tour. Tour groups are just that - bring you to well known places, give you some time snap pictures then shoo you up the tour bus to go to next place.

F&E is for you to plan where you WANT to go and spend your time at. If you want to shop and mostly shopping, don't allocate so many shrines and temples to do in a day. You won't appreciate any of it at the end of the day. Just pick one or two at max if you REALLY want to visit it, not because everyone say it's a must go and you don't feel like going even after looking at the photos.

Ash like snow, I'm not attacking you ah, please don't take it personally. I do agree with AHSS suggestion, maybe just stick to kiyomizudera and higashiyama since its at the same area. You'll have time to appreciate the temple and the views there, while not feeling rushed or restrained by time. Those shops leading up to kiyomizudera will have you spending some time in them because they are all souvenir shops and they sell interesting stuff. After that if nishiki still open then you can drop by it. If not then you just continue with your shopping plans liao, since that's the main highlight of your trip.

This is just my personal opinion la. I understand that not everyone thinks the same way...

anyhowsaysay

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
April Tokyo daylight till 6pm...
Anyway will it be dangerous to hang ard in tokyo and Osaka till 11pm?

For a couple*

Edit: like will there be robbery? Or tikopeh?

depends on which area. Some area like Kabukicho in tokyo is not so safe.
Osaka got those Imamiya...i think not so safe also.
For travel, just need common sense. some dark spot at night can avoid. Japan got quite a lot of homeless. If u are one lady walking alone at night near those area. Maybe they will harass you

But most shops closed in Japan quite early like 8pm. So at night not much stuff to do except maybe dinner. Or clubbing? or Drinking those stuff.

Last edited:
Reaction score
do you think its worth to pay for disney hotel? Miracosta ? or can try the budget celebrations hotel? or just stay near there

Dreaming

Reaction score
Need some help :(

I'm getting the JR Wide pass 3 days. How do i get to lake kawachugio by train?

I tried to google and it says get to Otsuki station and take Fujikyu Railway service to kawaguchiko.

Since i have the JR wide pass 3 days, which train should i ride to Otsuki?

Can i make use of JR Wide pass for Chuo Line(Limited Express for Kofu, Matsumoto) and get off at Otsuki Station?

Thanks.

greenhse

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Need some help :(

I'm getting the JR Wide pass 3 days. How do i get to lake kawachugio by train?

I tried to google and it says get to Otsuki station and take Fujikyu Railway service to kawaguchiko.

Since i have the JR wide pass 3 days, which train should i ride to Otsuki?

Can i make use of JR Wide pass for Chuo Line(Limited Express for Kofu, Matsumoto) and get off at Otsuki Station?

Thanks.

Chuo Line limited express is correct. You can use the wide pass to reserve the seat (free of charge).

cpuer

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Tbh when travelling, I don't see the point to chiong from one place to another if it's gonna be just a touch and go. Just to say you've been there before when you have no interest to dwell and appreciate what is there? Liddat may as well follow tour. Tour groups are just that - bring you to well known places, give you some time snap pictures then shoo you up the tour bus to go to next place.

F&E is for you to plan where you WANT to go and spend your time at. If you want to shop and mostly shopping, don't allocate so many shrines and temples to do in a day. You won't appreciate any of it at the end of the day. Just pick one or two at max if you REALLY want to visit it, not because everyone say it's a must go and you don't feel like going even after looking at the photos.

Ash like snow, I'm not attacking you ah, please don't take it personally. I do agree with AHSS suggestion, maybe just stick to kiyomizudera and higashiyama since its at the same area. You'll have time to appreciate the temple and the views there, while not feeling rushed or restrained by time. Those shops leading up to kiyomizudera will have you spending some time in them because they are all souvenir shops and they sell interesting stuff. After that if nishiki still open then you can drop by it. If not then you just continue with your shopping plans liao, since that's the main highlight of your trip.

This is just my personal opinion la. I understand that not everyone thinks the same way...

Agree on the higashiyama area. That is good enough for most. With Ninen/Sanen saka and the beautiful backdrop of Yasaka Pogoda, its as Kyoto as it can be. Throw in a Ishibei-koji before ending up at Yasaka Jinja, hor seh liao.

JX1983

Reaction score
Hi any experts here can advise me if I need to buy a 7 days JR pass if I am going Osaka-Kyoto-Tokyo? 1st time going there with my wife next month for a full 9 days trip..

Ruriel

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Hi any experts here can advise me if I need to buy a 7 days JR pass if I am going Osaka-Kyoto-Tokyo? 1st time going there with my wife next month for a full 9 days trip..

I did a tokyo-kyoto-osaka. Didn't buy the JR pass since there's no need for return shinkansen. Buying a prepaid icoca is way easier as in Kyoto, very few options are covered by JR pass. Also, in Tokyo, you can just take any of the private metros without having to tediously plan your routes around the JR pass since it only covers JR lines. Just need to buy icoca at Osaka, then purchase your shinkansen ticket from Kyoto to Tokyo in advance when you reach either osaka or Kyoto and you're set.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.