Ask me any questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

ash like snow

Master Member
Reaction score
My itinerary left with 3 full days. Booked hotels already. So far it's 8days Tokyo, 2days osaka and 1day trip to Kyoto.

I'm thinking of changing Kyoto to 2days and Osaka 1day.

So far, my Osaka have:
Don Quixote dotonbori
Shinsaibashi-dotonbori
Lucky owl cafe

If I'm going osaka 2days, the 2nd day would cover the below:
Namba
Kuromon ichiba market
Shinsaibashi arcade+shopping st
Tenjinbashi shopping St+arcade

From what I read online, it seems shinsaibashi arcade+St got nothing much...

Should I change to 2days Kyoto?

Sent from zhuzhu using GAGT

Entropy

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
For Osaka you can also go Tsutenkaku and Shinsekai area

Also a place that many people miss out is Harukas 300. Tallest building in Japan and a very nice 2 floor observatory at the top with food and lots of space to relax and enjoy the unobstructed view. There are also seasonal events there.

ash like snow

Master Member
Reaction score
It's a shopping district, if u like shopping that is

Yes I like shopping but I believe I will have enough shopping in Tokyo and day1 in osaka.

I've read some bad and good reviews on the lucky owl cafe. Do u think I should remove that and sqeeuze 1more place to replaced it? So I'll have Kyoto 2days.

Anything to buy in Kyoto? Other than green tea?

Entropy

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

VD

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yes I like shopping but I believe I will have enough shopping in Tokyo and day1 in osaka.

I've read some bad and good reviews on the lucky owl cafe. Do u think I should remove that and sqeeuze 1more place to replaced it? So I'll have Kyoto 2days.

Anything to buy in Kyoto? Other than green tea?

For Shinsaibashi area, i normally do it after makan. I would also leave most of my shopping to the last few days, then don't need to tug the purchases around for the rest of the trip.

twosix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Will be going to Kansai area. Is it advisable to stay in osaka and do multiple day visits to kyoto, kobe and nara? Thanks.

VD

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
cheaper to stay in Osaka, since Kyoto/Kobe/Himeji/Nara is accessible from Osaka. But i prefer to stay in Kyoto for a few days, Kobe/Himeji/Nara, can do day trips

anyhowsaysay

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
is Fukushima & Sendai safe to visit now?

I went Sendai few times. Sendai itself not that close to the nuclear plant so that is fine. Of course some foreigners don't dare to visit tohoku, they are more cautious. I think it is safe

anyhowsaysay

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Will be going to Kansai area. Is it advisable to stay in osaka and do multiple day visits to kyoto, kobe and nara? Thanks.

If you main visiting area is Kyoto then stay in Kyoto easier. The local train between Kyoto and Osaka super crowded. Chance of getting seat is very low.
For me, I stay in Kyoto and then go day trip from Kyoto.

ash like snow

Master Member
Reaction score

ash like snow

Master Member
Reaction score
For Shinsaibashi area, i normally do it after makan. I would also leave most of my shopping to the last few days, then don't need to tug the purchases around for the rest of the trip.

Hmm yeah since my hotel is near shinsaibashi, idm shop till late since the shops there open till quite late right? Dotonburi too!

Because my itinerary for Kyoto covered quite a lot of places for a 1day trip... Not sure if I can finish all. But this also means I need to give up on osaka for a day :(

LittleSnow

Reaction score
Hi all,

Feel free to ask me any questions regarding to Japan.
Japan Trip Adviser here.
Been to Japan 31 times already in 8 yrs.
I'll try my best to answer. (^_^)

Here are the places i have been to.

21 prefectures:
Hokkaido, Aomori, Niigata, Tokyo, Yokohama, Shizuoka, Gotemba,
Nagoya, Hakone, Kyoto, Osaka, Kobe, Okayama, Hiroshima, Fukuoka, Kumamoto, Tokushima, Takayama, Shirakawago, Okinawa, Nikko、Koyasan/Wakayama

Rules:
1) Pls quote your original message when replying so that everybody knows what's going on.

Have resigned from my full time job, so you should be able to get instant responses on the day itself (if i am not busy... )
Now a full time teacher. =)

Thank you. =)

FAQs
1) What's the weather in Japan like during ~?
See here

Best regards,
Can

where you usually stay in tokyo? which hotel or airbnb?

rrr2015

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

twosix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
cheaper to stay in Osaka, since Kyoto/Kobe/Himeji/Nara is accessible from Osaka. But i prefer to stay in Kyoto for a few days, Kobe/Himeji/Nara, can do day trips

If you main visiting area is Kyoto then stay in Kyoto easier. The local train between Kyoto and Osaka super crowded. Chance of getting seat is very low.
For me, I stay in Kyoto and then go day trip from Kyoto.

Thanks experts. no concrete plans yet so i guess book hotel in osaka first. dun quite feel like changing to a different hotel that is like less than 1 hr train ride away. haha...

klavier

Reaction score
Hello frequent visitors to Japan...

Hoping you guys can help me out with 2 questions:

1) I am going to Tokyo for 10 days during end May/early June. What is the temperature range? Around18-25 deg? Just wondering if I need to bring a jacket..

2) I plan to stay at 2 different hotels while in Tokyo as I am visiting Disneyland.
Given that I land in Haneda at around 7am and depart Haneda around 1030am, would it be better for me to visit Disneyland a day after I land or before I depart? I would be staying around the Maihama station. The main considerations for me is if there is anything to do around Maihama (assuming I choose to go Disneyland first) and which plan makes more sense in terms of transportation to Haneda given that it would be peak hours both ways. I would likely choose to stay at Shinjuku or Shibuya areas for the rest of the trip.

Thank you!

cpuer

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

1) I am going to Tokyo for 10 days during end May/early June. What is the temperature range? Around18-25 deg? Just wondering if I need to bring a jacket..

2) I plan to stay at 2 different hotels while in Tokyo as I am visiting Disneyland.
Given that I land in Haneda at around 7am and depart Haneda around 1030am, would it be better for me to visit Disneyland a day after I land or before I depart? I would be staying around the Maihama station. The main considerations for me is if there is anything to do around Maihama (assuming I choose to go Disneyland first) and which plan makes more sense in terms of transportation to Haneda given that it would be peak hours both ways. I would likely choose to stay at Shinjuku or Shibuya areas for the rest of the trip.

Thank you!

can use this to check
http://www.accuweather.com/en/jp/tokyo/226396/may-weather/226396?monyr=5/1/2017

purpleberry

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Thank you!

End May is quite pleasant during the day and can be quite cold at night. Just a light jacket or blazer is fine for me but depends on the individual.

Unless you are travelling with young kids or elderly who can get easily tired, I would suggest heading to Shinjuku rightaway as your base. It's quite a hassle to bring all your luggage to and fro. If you wish to stay at the hotels there, perhaps the first day would be more logical as you dont have much things to carry. Nothing much to do around Maihama but if you like shopping, perhaps http://www.31op.com/makuhari/english/?

klavier

Reaction score

Thanks. This is helpful.

End May is quite pleasant during the day and can be quite cold at night. Just a light jacket or blazer is fine for me but depends on the individual.

Unless you are travelling with young kids or elderly who can get easily tired, I would suggest heading to Shinjuku rightaway as your base. It's quite a hassle to bring all your luggage to and fro. If you wish to stay at the hotels there, perhaps the first day would be more logical as you dont have much things to carry. Nothing much to do around Maihama but if you like shopping, perhaps http://www.31op.com/makuhari/english/?

Yes travelling with a kid. Like many others, I will spend 2 full days at Disneyland/sea so wondering if its better to stay in the same area or commuting back every night. I thought it might be better to stay near Disneyland so that we dont have to leave the park so early.

And yes, the thought of having nothing much to do on the first day is the main reason why I am not sure I should stay at Maihama upon arrival even though it seems to be the logical choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.