Malaysia prepaid card

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Any idea where to get in JB? When Sentosa (The Store) they don't sell.

I have no idea!

You can WhatsApp this local seller! He will tell you more..! :s22:

I got it from him locally.

Nearest known place where someone here has shared was Giant Plentong JB, and that's quite a while back. Otherwise just get from the dealer we have here, like most of us OneXOX users did.

Registered dealers of MVNO SIM cards are not as easily found.

kelvinti

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Can't wait to test my Xox sim card for the first time comes March 3rd....chionging to KL and then Genting by coach... Hahaha.

Last edited:

kelvinti

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Aiya.....Just get from this sg local seller lah! He is very service oriented, fast and responsive! Saved all your time and journey to look high and low for xox sellers in JB! :s22:

IMHO, that little bit of extra paid is worth it! :)

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
anywhere at JB CIQ can buy prepaid sim at 8am?
City Square and Komtar JBCC only open at 10am, so your bet will be those booths around. Not sure if they'll be open at 8am, though.

First up, few meters after customs clearance, just before the newstand is a Digi booth.
Down the escalator where people head for the JB Sentral bus station, there's a Hotlink booth.
A couple of dealers in JB Sentral itself, with Digi, Hotlink, and I think U Mobile from the 7-Eleven.
Out of JB Sentral towards City Square, there's a Hotlink booth behind the taxi stand, near the moneychanger.
The Caltex petrol station across the road from Komtar JBCC... have seen a banner for U Mobile... I think from the 7-Eleven there.

There seem to be quite a few dealers in the shophouses outside City Square too.

If you're actually driving in that early to head north, consider getting from the Digi dealers in Yong Peng like in Lucky Garden and Wing Ann rest-stops.

zzxxzzxx

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
RM $8.50 Starter Kit
RM $5.00 Stored Value
200MB Free 4G Internet (10 Days)
10 Days Free Calls (15 Mins Daily For U Mobile -> U Mobile ONLY)

U Mobile UNLIMITED Power Prepaid
- Free 1GB Basic Internet Data (Monthly)
Topup RM $10
- Free UNLIMITED DATA @ APP>ONZ - Facebook, Instagram, Twitter
- SMS 12 SEN
- CALLS 12 SEN / 30 SEC

U Mobile Power Prepaid
Topup RM $10
- Free 1GB High Speed Data (Every 30 Days)
- Free 2GB Basic Internet Data (Monthly)
- SMS 8 SEN
- CALLS 7 SEN / 30 SEC

kelvinti

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Basic Internet.... and High speed Internet...

What is the speed difference?

I do not tolerate low-speed Internet even it's free or cheap. :(

zzxxzzxx

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
High speed, up to 4G.
Basic, 64 kbps.

It's the Malaysia's version of "Unlimited" plan. Where you don't pay per use with RM$0.x0 / mb.
Umobile gives up to 2GB.
Xpax gives up to 10GB. With 10GB of high speed for Facebook.
Hotlink gives 500mb for "Chat"??
* You can chat 24/7 for FREE on ALL chat apps like WhatsApp, WeChat, KakaoTalk, Line, ChatOn & much more! However, VoIP calls are not applicable on FREE Social Chat.with speeds of up to 64kbps *

Last edited:

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Basic Internet.... and High speed Internet...

What is the speed difference?

I do not tolerate low-speed Internet even it's free or cheap. :(

We seem to have similar "patience" for low-speed, so I'd say Basic Internet is only good as a (desperate) backup. :D

Like just a couple of hours across the causeway to grab something - Whatsapp standby, or to use any of the telco apps to activate a high speed data pack, when you know you won't be charged even if some other apps trigger some data usage while you're at it.

zzxxzzxx

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I think most, if not all prepaid SIM don't have pay-per-use data right??
That's why they all came out with this free Basic Data thing.

If you only need basic internet for Whatsapp and Google maps, or uber/grab.
Then it's great to just buy and throw prepaid SIM. Since some have active period of up to 7 or 10 days.

kelvinti

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
We seem to have similar "patience" for low-speed, so I'd say Basic Internet is only good as a (desperate) backup. :D

Like just a couple of hours across the causeway to grab something - Whatsapp standby, or to use any of the telco apps to activate a high speed data pack, when you know you won't be charged even if some other apps trigger some data usage while you're at it.

Ya. I can't stand low speed connection de. :(

Hmmm... In that case, the free basic internet does has it advantage wor... I like the idea of free basic Internet. :)

I think that xox doesn't have this basic Internet package. :(

The cheapest for few hour in JB is to activate the daily RM3 of 150MB draws from session pass data package.

Last edited:

steven168z

Master Member
Reaction score
Ya. I can't stand low speed connection de. :(

Hmmm... In that case, the free basic internet does has it advantage wor... I like the idea of free basic Internet. :)

I think that xox doesn't have this basic Internet package. :(

The cheapest for few hour in JB is to activate the daily RM3 of 150MB draws from session pass data package.

Free-3GB-webbanner.jpg

The freebies (500MB) will be credited to subscribers’ Season Pass counter. Subscribers are allowed to utilize the accumulative data balance in his/her Season Pass counter at 4G+ High Speed Internet speed but are bound to our fair usage policy.

XOX is cheapskate..

free data with condition...

How can subscribers get 30GB of FREE data?
As long as subscribers top-up minimum RM30 (accumulative within calendar month) each month for 5 years, they shall get 500MB each month, 30GB in total.

FAQ Categories – 30GB Bonus Campaign
http://corporate.xox.com.my/support/faq/?faq=30gb-bonus-campaign

Terms & Conditions
30GB BONUS CAMPAIGN Terms & Conditions
http://corporate.xox.com.my/support/terms-and-conditions/?tnc=30gb-bonus-campaign-terms-conditions

Last edited:

kitkat2

Reaction score
this xox ad is very misleading. i almost fell for it too. basically, you topup rm30 per month and get 500mb free data each month. rm30 gets you 3gb of data. so with this promo, you get 3.5gb or 16% more data.

on mcard, if you topup $10 online, you receive 500mb data free too.

Last edited:

kelvinti

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
this xox ad is very misleading. i almost fell for it too. basically, you topup rm30 per month and get 500mb free data each month. rm30 gets you 3gb of data. so with this promo, you get 3.5gb or 16% more data.

on mcard, if you topup $10 online, you receive 500mb data free too.

Yeap! The 30GB s not free in that sense! :s8:

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.