 Pay Discussions [Read first page for FAQ]

wkweewee

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Confirm not the data enabled for setting, I don't have it enabled from the start and have been using it

Yup have been using apple pay since the start without issues as well even with mobile data disabled for the wallet app. No problem.

Today also learn new things as of all the posts below :s12:

chenaz

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My Apple Pay since last reset on aug 2016 till now and been using it actively . Uphill now only use 1.1MB of data.

crystalnox

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i hope you know the nfc antenna is on the top of the phone instead of being near the apple logo behind.. :D:D

anyway, apple pay will only generate a fixed number of tokens each time, you cannot forever use apple pay without an internet access..
I was under the impression that the token is generated when you add the card to Apple Pay, and it stays the same until you delete and re-add.

Fellowes

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Email Citibank SG regarding Apple Pay and Android Pay support, the CSO give me a static reply saying we will look into it, after so many months they still looking into it. Damn, seem like they don't care.

kenchi

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
this is my understanding too...

If token is the same throughout, I would have stolen it from you and use it freely.. :D

The logic is the same as OTP from 2FA tokens, when the token combination is used once and will expire forever until the number is generated again statistically, which would take god knows how long.. :D:D

Alexz_Hong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Maybe I'm a bit slow, but the top up machines at MRT station accepts paypass/paywave from any bank now, so can use Apple Pay/Android Pay to top up your ezlink card. Just tried nia.

It's not what I think a lot of us want which is the ability to just tap the phone to pay for transit... but it's a start. 😂

alfseeto

Reaction score
Maybe I'm a bit slow, but the top up machines at MRT station accepts paypass/paywave from any bank now, so can use Apple Pay/Android Pay to top up your ezlink card. Just tried nia.

It's not what I think a lot of us want which is the ability to just tap the phone to pay for transit... but it's a start. 😂

That's good to know, thanks! My EZlink card is also my atm card, so I had been forced to use cash only.

ashhong

Reaction score

Still can't use credit card to pay for monthly concession.

and the top up machines at the LRT station aren't updated to accept paypass/paywave.

AnDyLe0

Reaction score
http://www.tnp.sg/news/singapore/paying-nets-mobile-phone-will-soon-be-reality

I can foresee this "Nets Pay" will not work with Apple Pay, since they also let you use QR codes (lol) for non-NFC devices.

But if it does, it could mean using your phone on nets to pay for public transport.

the pilot test for mastercard account-based ticketing should be coming soon... by then, no need to wait for NETS contactless liao.
btw... NETS contactless is directly deduct from bank acc... not much security.

anyone got any news on the credit/debit card fare payment pilot that was scheduled by end 2016?
still unsure whether the pilot test is limited to mastercard paypass physical card or can use on mobile? if limited to paypass physical card then no use one. i'm hoping to be able to tap Apple Watch to pass thru the fare gates :D

Slavor

Reaction score
We now have our answer, from 20th March. Doesn't say about mobile payments though!

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news...-public-transport-from/3555302.html?cid=fbcna

https://abt.transitlink.com.sg/home/index

the pilot test for mastercard account-based ticketing should be coming soon... by then, no need to wait for NETS contactless liao.
btw... NETS contactless is directly deduct from bank acc... not much security.

anyone got any news on the credit/debit card fare payment pilot that was scheduled by end 2016?
still unsure whether the pilot test is limited to mastercard paypass physical card or can use on mobile? if limited to paypass physical card then no use one. i'm hoping to be able to tap Apple Watch to pass thru the fare gates :D

Fellowes

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Still never say anything about mobile payment. Still wondering when can we be like Korea (Samsung Pay) since transport like 3 years ago plus they have Samsung Pay ATM withdraw feature too.

Japan iphone 7 got FeliCa NFC chip exclusive by Apple to use their NFC payment with Apple Pay and their mass transport system.

U.K. London Tube can use Apple Pay to pay too. Our LTA are still trying so many pattern but still cannot use one smartphone to pay, no need ezlink or the retarded NFC SIM, I think they invest too much on the out-dated CEPAS NFC platform.

If we can use any debit or credit card added into the 3 main mobile soulutin of Apple Pay/Samsung Pay and Android Pay, just take out our phone and tap, that call world first.

Last edited:

Slavor

Reaction score
Might be an issue of cost eh. Don't forget apple takes a cut out of every transaction.

Still never say anything about mobile payment. Still wondering when can we be like Korea (Samsung Pay) since transport like 3 years ago plus they have Samsung Pay ATM withdraw feature too.

Japan iphone 7 got FeliCa NFC chip exclusive by Apple to use their NFC payment with Apple Pay and their mass transport system.

U.K. London Tube can use Apple Pay to pay too. Our LTA are still trying so many pattern but still cannot use one smartphone to pay, no need ezlink or the retarded NFC SIM, I think they invest too much on the out-dated CEPAS NFC platform.

If we can use any debit or credit card added into the 3 main mobile soulutin of Apple Pay/Samsung Pay and Android Pay, just take out our phone and tap, that call world first.

Mach3.2

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Might be an issue of cost eh. Don't forget apple takes a cut out of every transaction.
Apple's cut is settled with the bank itself, the bank's cut from the merchant is still the same, merchants don't get charged by apple for accepting apple pay.

Thing about the trial is you'll have to register the card used for the trial with translink, which might be a bit of a problem for Apple Pay/Android Pay/Samsung Pay, so I can see why it's not in the trial as of now. But once the trial is concluded, it should be available as the same EMV standard is being used for contactless transactions made using the physical card or Apple Pay.

Last edited:

ashhong

Reaction score
Woah finally more info on the ABT system!

Is UOB the exclusive bank launch partner again? All my UOB cards are Visa :/

I am not sure, so far I only saw info from UOB. I think UOB only have 2 mastercard out of all their available cards.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.