Nvidia Shield TV

Status
Not open for further replies.

ch888888

Reaction score
The controller can be used to navigate thru the menu so why do we need the remote control?

kennyboy

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
You notice the size difference between those two? The remote control is much more comfortable to navigate and hold with one hand.

It's not a need, just makes things more manageable.

The controller can be used to navigate thru the menu so why do we need the remote control?

ch888888

Reaction score
happy to be joining the thread,
me ordered from qoo10 on Friday afternoon
they delivered yesterday morning, i was still in bed lol.

ATV is pretty limited, so proceeded to unlock and flash a full nougat rom.

setop box with chromecast built in..
how to beat! lol

Could you please provide the qoo10 link?

imacbie

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Is it coming with the remote? $299 quite cheap and fast because don't have to wait for US to ship. Are they giving the US 2 pin connector?
All new models comes with both the remote and the controller...
Mine came with a UK plug in the box.
So I guess this is a UK set.

htngwilliam

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
So the $89 paid is for a second controller? How much did you pay for the Shield TV?

Receive my nvidia tv and it is amazing. A few questions:

1. How to activate the menu button using the remote? Seems like there is no menu button

2. I sideload some apk but they don't appear on the start screen. I need to go into shafa tv to launch the app. Any other good idea?

3. Why can't I find Amazon prime app? Is it because I am in SG hence the app is blocked?

lunarsong

Reaction score
1. Don't think there is a menu button, but there is a home button. The one with the circle

2. Try downloading a launcher. I'm using HAlauncher, or HAL in short. Try to dl it as an apk.

3. I can't help u becoz idk

Receive my nvidia tv and it is amazing. A few questions:

1. How to activate the menu button using the remote? Seems like there is no menu button

2. I sideload some apk but they don't appear on the start screen. I need to go into shafa tv to launch the app. Any other good idea?

3. Why can't I find Amazon prime app? Is it because I am in SG hence the app is blocked?

lordlad0

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
on number 3...yes, it is blocked.

you can try re-install the apk and it will appears..........only for it to disappear after the shield tv went to sleep.

only way to get it permanent is to root the device and 'unfreeze' it via titanium.

htngwilliam

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
on number 3...yes, it is blocked.

you can try re-install the apk and it will appears..........only for it to disappear after the shield tv went to sleep.

only way to get it permanent is to root the device and 'unfreeze' it via titanium.

Oh! That is a problem!

rashadow

Reaction score
Best Place to Buy?

Anyone can share what would be the best place to buy the Shield TV? Qoo10 or Amazon?

rashadow

Reaction score
Hi. Yeah I saw reviews on the delivery but the amazon looks to be cheaper $200 compared to Qoo10 $299. Anyone know whats the difference? Is it warranty?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.