Unblock TV Discussion Thread II [consolidated]

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChickRice

Reaction score
Hi guys, i am planning to get a android box. Is there a big differences in performances between the gen 2 & gen 3 unblock tech box? Etc buffing speed, lagging issue. Thanks!

oldman1881

Reaction score
Thank you.
Was hoping can skip the downloading step. :(

Offline download, you do not need to down to your harddisk.
Find out Magnet link or BT seed, offline download to Baidu netdisk, then play from the netdisk directly,it is your priviate collection, much better to watch from apps like 电视猫。

rECKleSSfElla

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Dont recommend getting ubox for now because their servers are way too congested, causing their livetv app channels to take forever to load. After loading, it will randomly stutter or the channel will just stop entirely and you will need to reload or log in to the app again. Same goes to their vod app where the movies will rebuffer every 10-15 seconds. Can go check out their official fb page which is filled with nothing but complains. Anyway, unblock claims they will be adding new servers by the end of this month, which "should" solve the lag problems but we shall see then. For now, no point buying and adding on to the congestion.

ehsevol

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Can't seem to win the qoo10 auction for ubox :( is it normal to fail like 6 times in a row?

GoldenStars

Reaction score
What app other than 电视猫 is good for movies like Xmen, lala land with English subtitles ?
Kodi has quite a few add-ons that are good for movies. Some even have 4k content but your internet must be power enough

Sent from Xiaomi REDMI NOTE 3 using GAGT

darkarn

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
You guys think Unblock TV will be sold in IT Show? Thinking of getting one to play with...

rECKleSSfElla

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
You guys think Unblock TV will be sold in IT Show? Thinking of getting one to play with...

Will be sold but will be overpriced too. Unblock enforce price control and local authorized resellers are made to sell the gen 3 boxes for least $178 but i expect chop carrot IT show booths to be selling at $200+. Why buy from IT show when you can get from lazada or qoo10 at much cheaper prices?

darkarn

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Will be sold but will be overpriced too. Unblock enforce price control and local authorized resellers are made to sell the gen 3 boxes for least $178 but i expect chop carrot IT show booths to be selling at $200+. Why buy from IT show when you can get from lazada or qoo10 at much cheaper prices?

I see, are the Lazada/Qoo10 sellers the authorised resellers? Or do they provide good after-sales service?

rECKleSSfElla

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I see, are the Lazada/Qoo10 sellers the authorised resellers? Or do they provide good after-sales service?

Authorized or not, export set or local set, there is no difference other than a sticker on the box stating "singapore" and the so called 1 year warranty offered by authorized resellers. But how and if they even honor the warranty is ultimately up to the discretion of the sellers. There is no evidence to show that export sets cant work locally. I cant vouch for the sellers on lazada or qoo10, but if you want some security in terms of warranty then go buy from those authorized local resellers. If you want to save a fair amount and heck care about warranty, then buy from those oversea sellers where you can get a gen 3 pro bluetooth set for as low as $99 + $8.50 shipping.

darkarn

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Authorized or not, export set or local set, there is no difference other than a sticker on the box stating "singapore" and the so called 1 year warranty offered by authorized resellers. But how and if they even honor the warranty is ultimately up to the discretion of the sellers. There is no evidence to show that export sets cant work locally. I cant vouch for the sellers on lazada or qoo10, but if you want some security in terms of warranty then go buy from those authorized local resellers. If you want to save a fair amount and heck care about warranty, then buy from those oversea sellers where you can get a gen 3 pro bluetooth set for as low as $99 + $8.50 shipping.

Thanks! Another concern I have is about the versions though; I see some online shops selling a black coloured Unblock TV and others white for instance

Danger21

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

when to find the 100+ gen 3 pro?

rECKleSSfElla

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks! Another concern I have is about the versions though; I see some online shops selling a black coloured Unblock TV and others white for instance

Version difference have been discussed in some posts above. Go reference there.

when to find the 100+ gen 3 pro?

Qoo10 timed sale. Oversea seller with no reviews yet so not sure how trustworthy it is.

darkarn

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Version difference have been discussed in some posts above. Go reference there.

Thanks, just saw. Will keep an eye out for the white ones then

But how about version number? I see some shops selling them as "S900" and some as "S800+", both white boxes

19dino

Master Member
Reaction score
Try changing the battery. The batteries might be running out of juice.
It happened to me once. Changed the batteries and it worked.

Thanks bro, change of battery does work.

Remote controller previously has lights indicating that button are pressed, but tv is not responding. Now all is good after battery replacement. I still thought I spoiled the remote with my Wireless Kb and mouse dongle. :s22:

rECKleSSfElla

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks, just saw. Will keep an eye out for the white ones then

But how about version number? I see some shops selling them as "S900" and some as "S800+", both white boxes

just get the newest model will do lar............
JkURz7C.jpg

liverpoolz

Master Member
Reaction score
Just to check does channel u loads for you?
My box cannot seem to load channel u and set du hui.
Just wonder is it the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.