Master Member
Reaction score
StCORnT.jpg

Yay applepay promo hsbc

ashhong

Reaction score

AnDyLe0

Reaction score
UOB has just given more insight on how it is used. However there isn't any indicate on whether Apple Pay will work or not. Trying to check with them on their fb post.

http://uob.com.sg/personal/cards/account-based-ticketing.html

ABT FAQ

i saw in some FAQ page, confirmed the trial only accepts mastercard physical cards, mobile payment not supported in trial.
and the mastercard must be registered for trial with banks or transitlink... most probably the card readers will filter out non-registered card numbers.
for apple pay, we don't know the full virtual number, hence we can't register for the trial... lol :D

yeah... if must use physical card, then ezlink, flashpay and mastercard not much diff. looking at the pilot registration page, seems like they need to know ur mastercard number and CAN number in order to block your ezlink/flashpay function and charge to your credit card.

ashhong

Reaction score
i saw in some FAQ page, confirmed the trial only accepts mastercard physical cards, mobile payment not supported in trial.
and the mastercard must be registered for trial with banks or transitlink... most probably the card readers will filter out non-registered card numbers.
for apple pay, we don't know the full virtual number, hence we can't register for the trial... lol :D

yeah... if must use physical card, then ezlink, flashpay and mastercard not much diff. looking at the pilot registration page, seems like they need to know ur mastercard number and CAN number in order to block your ezlink/flashpay function and charge to your credit card.

Yes, that you right. UOB has confirmed that only cards can be used.

yeah, in that case there really isn't a different in using mastercard or ezlink. the biggest different is that there is no need to top up and you will receive your bill at the end of the month.

sometime when i want to take bus then realise insufficient cash inside the card. that feeling is sian.

AnDyLe0

Reaction score
Yes, that you right. UOB has confirmed that only cards can be used.

yeah, in that case there really isn't a different in using mastercard or ezlink. the biggest different is that there is no need to top up and you will receive your bill at the end of the month.

sometime when i want to take bus then realise insufficient cash inside the card. that feeling is sian.

tapping mastercard physical card during the trial is just for the bank's rebates.
after that gotta wait again... for launch of mobile payment on transit. :D

ashhong

Reaction score
tapping mastercard physical card during the trial is just for the bank's rebates.
after that gotta wait again... for launch of mobile payment on transit. :D

haha. Stop using when no more rebate right?

The only card that i use actively on my Apple Pay is my amex cashback card cause got cashback.

AnDyLe0

Reaction score
anyone recv any confirmation sms or email on the pilot test?
seems like no news after the pilot test announcement.

chris888222

Reaction score
In the legend indicated at the ABT web portal, there's an icon for smartphones and smart watches, called "virtual device".

It's definitely coming, just a matter of when.

I just hope I can use express transit, but I highly doubt that'll be possible.

chris888222

Reaction score
so once i done the activation of ABT. means can start to use my mastercard to pay for transport liao?

Activation only creates the account with your card info and transaction record. If your card has ezlink or flashpay functionality, you have to switch that to bank card mode at the GTMs.

I managed to switch mine this morning, but I'll wait until 20th to actually use the card.

AnDyLe0

Reaction score
In the legend indicated at the ABT web portal, there's an icon for smartphones and smart watches, called "virtual device".

It's definitely coming, just a matter of when.

I just hope I can use express transit, but I highly doubt that'll be possible.

all the FAQs already stated that mobile payment not supported during pilot.
which means the earliest is after May 2017.
can only start waiting from June... lol.

AnDyLe0

Reaction score
so once i done the activation of ABT. means can start to use my mastercard to pay for transport liao?

the pilot is from 20 Mar to 31 May.
don't think u can use on 19 Mar or earlier :D
but still can continue to use after May...

Slavor

Reaction score
Oh? The trial period is only less than 2 months? Hopefully it means we can use apple pay soon.

the pilot is from 20 Mar to 31 May.
don't think u can use on 19 Mar or earlier :D
but still can continue to use after May...

chris888222

Reaction score
all the FAQs already stated that mobile payment not supported during pilot.
which means the earliest is after May 2017.
can only start waiting from June... lol.

I know. But it's still quite interesting to see that the "virtual device" legend already available on the portal.

Fellowes

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Activation only creates the account with your card info and transaction record. If your card has ezlink or flashpay functionality, you have to switch that to bank card mode at the GTMs.

I managed to switch mine this morning, but I'll wait until 20th to actually use the card.

How you switch from CEPAS to Bank using the GTM? I put my POSB Passion card on the GTM don't have any option other than check transaction and top up when I tried on Friday. Activated my ABT account already as well.

Hope that in future it's fullly integrated with Apple/Samsung/Android Pay, just by tapping our phone to the ezlink reader or with Apple Watch, Samsung Gear S3 watches even more convenient as both watches have NFC inside.

Once our transport is fully support with mobile payment solutions, then it's time to get the Apple Watch.

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.