Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

Status
Not open for further replies.

BERSERK1980

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, one of my unit for system 3 went kaput. Tech stated compressor isnt working anymore and quoted 800+ to change it. Told me quite lugi to change cause my coil also 6 years old liao. Just wanna find out from the pro bros here if i could just get a single split aircon instead? Are they able to make another bracket right beside my existing old compressor?

terumo

Reaction score
What type of apartment are you staying at?

Hi guys, one of my unit for system 3 went kaput. Tech stated compressor isnt working anymore and quoted 800+ to change it. Told me quite lugi to change cause my coil also 6 years old liao. Just wanna find out from the pro bros here if i could just get a single split aircon instead? Are they able to make another bracket right beside my existing old compressor?

terumo

Reaction score
2 ticks is sufficient for light usage.

QUOTE=SecretAgent;106916108]5 ticks vs 2 ticks? Different alot meh? As in energy usage, for light and occasional usage, 2 ticks ones good enough?

Sent from ..... using GAGT[/QUOTE]

EmPtYsOuLz

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
After discussion with my shortlisted contractor, decided not to reuse the existing aircon unit (Europace, 2-3 years in service) as I will be plastering the whole resale unit, trunking a bit ugly and uncertainty on the condition of the aircon/piping in general

Looking at System 3 to service the 3 bedrooms (Living room just ceiling fan):
MBR : 170sqft
BR2: 145sqf
BR3: 140sqf

Was reading up on sizing of the AC unit by BTU and got some conflicting views, the recommended BTU range from *35 to *65

If I use the *35 multiplier, 3 x 9000BTU A/C units would be more than sufficient
If I use the *65 multipler, I may need to get a 12000 for my MBR and 2 x 9000BTU for the 2 BRs

I think most of the Aircon companies seem to recommend the more kiasu *65 multipler, so that should be the safe choice right?

Considering to get a Daikin/ME 5 ticks unit so shortlisted the MKS65QVMG 21k BTU compressor unit as we would most likely be switching on aircon for 2 rooms at most at any one time, however if I scale up to 3 rooms next time would it be too small?

Asakura

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
1/2" insulation is used for all the pipes from compressor to indoor unit or they will still use some other dimension in other areas?

Asakura

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
MKS65 nominal is 21k
if u check the brochure its max is 34k
sys4 capable compressor
Considering to get a Daikin/ME 5 ticks unit so shortlisted the MKS65QVMG 21k BTU compressor unit as we would most likely be switching on aircon for 2 rooms at most at any one time, however if I scale up to 3 rooms next time would it be too small?

terumo

Reaction score
Bedrooms 2 & 3, 9k is sufficient.
Master room to play safe, get the 12k, think its additional say one hundred dollars?

MKS65 max btu is 34k, 21k is just the rated BTU.

After discussion with my shortlisted contractor, decided not to reuse the existing aircon unit (Europace, 2-3 years in service) as I will be plastering the whole resale unit, trunking a bit ugly and uncertainty on the condition of the aircon/piping in general

Looking at System 3 to service the 3 bedrooms (Living room just ceiling fan):
MBR : 170sqft
BR2: 145sqf
BR3: 140sqf

Was reading up on sizing of the AC unit by BTU and got some conflicting views, the recommended BTU range from *35 to *65

If I use the *35 multiplier, 3 x 9000BTU A/C units would be more than sufficient
If I use the *65 multipler, I may need to get a 12000 for my MBR and 2 x 9000BTU for the 2 BRs

I think most of the Aircon companies seem to recommend the more kiasu *65 multipler, so that should be the safe choice right?

terumo

Reaction score
It should be all the way.
But the area near the blower unit, space is limited so sometimes, they will use 3/8 insulation or wrap 2 pipes in a 1/2 insulation for a short portion say 1-2 feet.

1/2" insulation is used for all the pipes from compressor to indoor unit or they will still use some other dimension in other areas?

EmPtYsOuLz

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
MKS65 nominal is 21k
if u check the brochure its max is 34k
sys4 capable compressor
Bedrooms 2 & 3, 9k is sufficient.
Master room to play safe, get the 12k, think its additional say one hundred dollars?

MKS65 max btu is 34k, 21k is just the rated BTU.
Great thanks!
Think I'll go for a 12k BTU in the MBR if it's less than a hundred difference (saw from gain city website too)

Time to source for quotes soon

Sent from OnePlus ONEPLUS A3003 using GAGT

yschiam

Reaction score
hi all! thanks in advance if anyone can help to provide advice.

I am renovating my 5 room bto and will knock down walls so that there is:
1. master bedroom plus one room;
2. one normal study room; and
3. living room plus open concept kitchen.

we are at gain city and were recommended mitsubishi system 4, with configuration of 12k BTU for master bedroom, 9k BTU for study room and 12k + 18k BTU for the living room. two ticks.

they also have a promotion now to provide 1/2" class 1 armaflex, grade 22 copper piping, 16mm drainage pipe. the pricing is $4135. gain city will provide 3 year workmanship warranty and additional 4 years warranty for spare parts etc on top of one year by mitsubishi.

is that considered reasonable? we were also told that it might take a while for the rooms to cool. but that is fine as we usually quite comfy with 25 degree. does the above sound like a good deal?

especially cos the price is higher than our budget. but the sales man said other brands don't have the above configuration.

thanks in advance!!

phd503

Reaction score
My decade sharp 3 in 1 units

Dear All,

my decade sharp(AH-PM9GMV) 3 in 1 units , one of the unit power LED showing on but the unit itself can never be powered on or off. Any advise on what could be the possible problems? can it be repaired? any recommended contractor please? Many thanks

Last edited:

Lastexile

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
getting my aircon from adept.sg based a friend's recommendation, anyone has experience with them? Decided to go with daikin as it seems to be reliable

https://adept.sg/collections/system-3
https://adept.sg/collections/system...er-mks65qvmg-21200-btu-ctks25qvm-9000-btu-x-3
VXCVvMB.png

Last edited:

terumo

Reaction score
You mean $4135 including the extended warranty?

hi all! thanks in advance if anyone can help to provide advice.

I am renovating my 5 room bto and will knock down walls so that there is:
1. master bedroom plus one room;
2. one normal study room; and
3. living room plus open concept kitchen.

we are at gain city and were recommended mitsubishi system 4, with configuration of 12k BTU for master bedroom, 9k BTU for study room and 12k + 18k BTU for the living room. two ticks.

they also have a promotion now to provide 1/2" class 1 armaflex, grade 22 copper piping, 16mm drainage pipe. the pricing is $4135. gain city will provide 3 year workmanship warranty and additional 4 years warranty for spare parts etc on top of one year by mitsubishi.

is that considered reasonable? we were also told that it might take a while for the rooms to cool. but that is fine as we usually quite comfy with 25 degree. does the above sound like a good deal?

especially cos the price is higher than our budget. but the sales man said other brands don't have the above configuration.

thanks in advance!!

yschiam

Reaction score
You mean $4135 including the extended warranty?

yeah. it was with their extended warranty (1+4) years. in the end I took LG though.

LG system 4 at $4,219:
A4UQ30GFA0, 1 X 09GDBA2, 2 X 12GBDA2, 1 X 18GBDBA2.

think LG not v popular, but thought for the pricing with the larger compressor and vouchers, I might as well try my luck. hope it goes well..

hwmook

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Can we do the wiring and trunking first before buying the air-con?

What's the logic for doing so? 2 trips installation is getting popular nowadays, install trunking/wiring first before installing units itself on 2nd trip but you still buy the aircon first then ask them to do 2 trips installation.

Nystalia1990

Reaction score
Hello. Is anyone using Samsung smart wifi Ac system 3 5 tick? Went to gain city and they recommend this model.

Nystalia1990

Reaction score
I think now only Gain City has stocks for this model, as all pre-order stocks has been taken by them.
In general is Samsung a good brand for aircon? Planning to get for my new BTO. It claims to have the lowest power consumption.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.