 Pay Discussions [Read first page for FAQ]

TrueBeliever_jh

Honorary Member
Reaction score
I still see a lot of cases whereby people using iphone 7, when at the counter, take out wallet, take out their credit card from the wallet, tap, put back the card into the wallet, put the wallet inside their bag. Their cards are supported by apple pay fyi.
a lot of people not using technology
got money to buy expensive phone but not utilizing it

anyways i am done waiting for Citibank. I closed all my Citibank cards and moved on.

gemtina

Reaction score
yeah, time to top up my card.

anyway top up is almost min $10.

Hi. Why dont use the starbuck voucher? to be compared, can save more.
45$/10 pcs. So 1 pcs is 4.5$ can be any drink any customize and any size. The venti size for seasonal drink is 9.2$.

gemtina

Reaction score
saw a long queue ytd. this explains it

45$/10 pcs. So 1 pcs is 4.5$ can be any drink any customize and any size. The venti size for seasonal drink is 9.2$.

gemtina

Reaction score
Starbucks promo with DBS/POSB Apple Pay is back.

$2 off single transaction. If top up then min $10. Promo till 30 apr. limited redemptions.

ashhong

Reaction score
saw a long queue ytd. this explains it

there is 1 for 1 for member. probably explains too.

I still see a lot of cases whereby people using iphone 7, when at the counter, take out wallet, take out their credit card from the wallet, tap, put back the card into the wallet, put the wallet inside their bag. Their cards are supported by apple pay fyi.

same, i see the same thing too.

i think some people too scare to use it because they aren't such how it works.
some don't even know it existed.

how to buy the voucher?

xttxtt

Reaction score
there is 1 for 1 for member. probably explains too.

same, i see the same thing too.

i think some people too scare to use it because they aren't such how it works.
some don't even know it existed.

how to buy the voucher?

oh great. didnt know that. thanks for the heads up!

tec_geek

Reaction score

Exactly, and I think it's safer to use Apple Pay and faster to clear a queue.

Does clearing a queue faster makes better productivity? :s22:

Fellowes

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
It's possible to use Apple Pay for ATM withdraw just like Samsung Pay. US atm start to have NFC terminal to allow NFC Smartphones to commicsfie for withdraw, no longer need physical ATM card.

Hope Singapore can catch up with technology! Apple Pay got so much potiental with transport payment, ATM withdraw to simple payment at shops. We are so slow!

Wells Fargo Will Debut ATM Apple Pay Transactions 'Later This Year'
https://www.macrumors.com/2017/03/27/wells-fargo-apple-pay/

lexmarq

Reaction score
It's possible to use Apple Pay for ATM withdraw just like Samsung Pay. US atm start to have NFC terminal to allow NFC Smartphones to commicsfie for withdraw, no longer need physical ATM card.

Hope Singapore can catch up with technology! Apple Pay got so much potiental with transport payment, ATM withdraw to simple payment at shops. We are so slow!

Wells Fargo Will Debut ATM Apple Pay Transactions 'Later This Year'
https://www.macrumors.com/2017/03/27/wells-fargo-apple-pay/

UOB has already began to implement the use of contactless technology for ATM withdrawal. I have been using it for some time already. So if you are currently using UOB, you may try it out.

PetPet

Reaction score
UOB has already began to implement the use of contactless technology for ATM withdrawal. I have been using it for some time already. So if you are currently using UOB, you may try it out.

Take note, it's Mastercard only (for now I guess)

ashhong

Reaction score
that's good. i would do that too if card was needed and very often i see people only start digging their bag after the cashier asks for payment :s22:

because need to ask which credit card got discount. especially true at restaurant.

but i always standby my iphone or a default physical card if there isn't contactless payment available.

VodkaPear

Master Member
Reaction score
Jus a qns.

If I have a uob cc mastercard. Then I use it to withdraw money.

The amount of what I withdraw, will deduct from cc amount usage or deduct from bank account?

My card n bank acc is linked tgt.

lexmarq

Reaction score
Jus a qns.

If I have a uob cc mastercard. Then I use it to withdraw money.

The amount of what I withdraw, will deduct from cc amount usage or deduct from bank account?

My card n bank acc is linked tgt.

FAQ from the uob website:

Q9. Is Contactless Cash Withdrawal considered a cash advance transaction?
No. A cash withdrawal using an added credit card on ApplePay™ is not considered a cash advance transaction. That is the reason why you will need to link your UOB MasterCard Credit Card to a current or saving account.

I believe it's deducted directly from your savings or current account like how it is when you withdraw the cash through an ATM Card. Take note that you will still need to key in your ATM card pin.

VodkaPear

Master Member
Reaction score
FAQ from the uob website:

Q9. Is Contactless Cash Withdrawal considered a cash advance transaction?
No. A cash withdrawal using an added credit card on ApplePay™ is not considered a cash advance transaction. That is the reason why you will need to link your UOB MasterCard Credit Card to a current or saving account.

I believe it's deducted directly from your savings or current account like how it is when you withdraw the cash through an ATM Card. Take note that you will still need to key in your ATM card pin.

ahh, thanks for the great info!

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.