Buffetlicious! The All You Can Eat Buffet thread - Part 6

denial86

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Can someone be a dear and help me out since you guys are like buffet gurus?

http://getcardable.com/blog/14-satisfying-buffet-promotions-in-2016-you-dont-want-to-pass/

Would anyone know which of the places listed in this list has 1 for 1 promo and has snow crab legs and foie gras? =:p The list is for easy reference but if you know of somewhere else that's not mentioned here, it would be great if you could let me know too.

It would be really helpful since I don't have the time to google/call each place one by one to ask them. Off the top of your head is fine, not expecting anyone to do homework for me haha. As long as I can get a few places shortlisted, I'll call them myself when I have more time.

Much appreciated and thanks in advance!

Last edited:

vogriphach

Reaction score
J65 at Hotel Jen Tanglin got new chef and launched a new dinner buffet that changes 5 times in a week. I dropped by on a Tuesday when they were showcasing Asian specialties. But other days got seafood or barbecue, etc. Overall, I thought the food improved compared to the previous chef. Price ranges from $55 to $65.

Wrote a more detailed review of this buffet here: http://iwandered.net/2017/03/22/j65-hotel-jen-tanglin-themed-nights-buffet/

Toons

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hi guys,
know anywhere solo like me can go steamboat buffet?

Afaik, most steamboat buffets do not expressly state min 2 diners, so you need to check with them to be sure. Places like seoul garden n sukiya should be okay bah i guess. isteam @ Marina Square should also be fine as they use individual small pots?

hi toons u got get any confirmation on this? I registered already but no replies from them u hv?

You should receive an email from them with a credit card payment form. After you complete n email them back the form, they will email you a confirmation. Can try calling the PIC to confirm.

Would anyone know which of the places listed in this list has 1 for 1 promo and has snow crab legs and foie gras? =:p The list is for easy reference but if you know of somewhere else that's not mentioned here, it would be great if you could let me know too.

Out of the places in the list, a few, like Marriot and Todai, have snow crab legs, but afaik, only 333 has BOTH snow crab legs as well as foie gras ... on Tue dinner as well as Sunday brunch. As for 1 for 1 ... :s13:

Actually snow crab legs are quite a common item for the more upmarket buffets. Foie gras however you will usually find them only for Sunday brunches. Eg, 333, Mezza9, Hilton.

mehmeh0987

Reaction score
Afaik, most steamboat buffets do not expressly state min 2 diners, so you need to check with them to be sure. Places like seoul garden n sukiya should be okay bah i guess. isteam @ Marina Square should also be fine as they use individual small pots?

thanks for the input. guess i can't really enjoy steamboat alone :(

-EnZo-

Master Member
Reaction score
thanks toons. they called and I was actually on waiting list. was lucky got pple gave up their slot. Friday I read the newspaper promo then sat night book full already. hope the durians gooood!

Toons

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
thanks toons. they called and I was actually on waiting list. was lucky got pple gave up their slot. Friday I read the newspaper promo then sat night book full already. hope the durians gooood!

Which slot you going? I'm going for the 5pm one with another pax here. You're welcome to join us. More ppl eat durians more fun!

-EnZo-

Master Member
Reaction score
Which slot you going? I'm going for the 5pm one with another pax here. You're welcome to join us. More ppl eat durians more fun!

ahh cant join u guys. i going for 7pm one. wanted 5pm but clash with dinner.

Panerex

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Is the weekday semi lunch buffet at Makan@Jen worth it?

Up till now, I still donoe what the basic $12.90++ buffet comprise? Is it just solely 1 main course without any food?

Therefore is recommended to top up for the salad or dessert buffet?

-EnZo-

Master Member
Reaction score
lol toons did u get to eat all u can durian? omg they doing 1 row by 1 row each get two seeds. felt con man

Toons

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
lol toons did u get to eat all u can durian? omg they doing 1 row by 1 row each get two seeds. felt con man

Yea, initially it was messy.

They started off free for all queuing, but only give 2 seeds, so ppl just queue, get liao, then immediately rejoin the queue n eat on the go. End up forming a circle, the queue dunno where is start n where is end :s13:

Then they made us sit down n serve table by table, but slow cos only 1 lady serving, 2 other guys dunno why just trail behind her each holding a tray ...

Finally, they made us queue roll by roll. Best outta of the 3 methods. Each person can still get 2 portions, or abt 4 seeds each.

Ate until abt 6+pm, dun worry lar, sure eat til full one. In fact at the end, they just leave 2 tables of durians for anyone to take, but by then, most ppl full liao. Really is eat til you gian.

Just tat i prefer to be able to choose which cultivar of durians to eat rather than they serve wat, we eat wat. But just take it easy n enjoy yourself. Can see a few peeps unhappy abt the arrangement ... aiyoh, small thing only, end up making themselves unhappy, wat for?

Durians mostly avg nia though. Some seeds better, some bland etc. For 20, really no complaints lar. They even have some cooked food, but no one took. You could have eaten your dinner there =P

Last edited:

-EnZo-

Master Member
Reaction score
Yea, initially it was messy.

They started off free for all queuing, but only give 2 seeds, so ppl just queue, get liao, then immediately rejoin the queue n eat on the go. End up forming a circle, the queue dunno where is start n where is end :s13:

Then they made us sit down n serve table by table, but slow cos only 1 lady serving, 2 other guys dunno why just trail behind her each holding a tray ...

Finally, they made us queue roll by roll. Best outta of the 3 methods. Each person can still get 2 portions, or abt 4 seeds each.

Ate until abt 6+pm, dun worry lar, sure eat til full one. In fact at the end, they just leave 2 tables of durians for anyone to take, but by then, most ppl full liao. Really is eat til you gian.

Just tat i prefer to be able to choose which cultivar of durians to eat rather than they serve wat, we eat wat. But just take it easy n enjoy yourself. Can see a few peeps unhappy abt the arrangement ... aiyoh, small thing only, end up making themselves unhappy, wat for?

Durians mostly avg nia though. Some seeds better, some bland etc. For 20, really no complaints lar. They even have some cooked food, but no one took. You could have eaten your dinner there =P

no wonder . I felt like smth happen at 5pm crowd that's why msg here to find out. yeah man abit slow and the quality not very gd. lucky only pay $20. still better then paying $88 for rws one

the guys beside me and some aunties already say wanna complaint. lol ok la getting gelat already..

denial86

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Out of the places in the list, a few, like Marriot and Todai, have snow crab legs, but afaik, only 333 has BOTH snow crab legs as well as foie gras ... on Tue dinner as well as Sunday brunch. As for 1 for 1 ... :s13:

Actually snow crab legs are quite a common item for the more upmarket buffets. Foie gras however you will usually find them only for Sunday brunches. Eg, 333, Mezza9, Hilton.

Gam sia, have been meaning to try 333. Will go during some anniversary ba since their second adult diner get 50% off for dinner is still so exp haha. Then eat other 1 for 1 for fun first. :s13:

mehmeh0987

Reaction score

nexusRAGER

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
are there any hotpot buffets price close to sukiya's current promo?

went today soso only

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.