The Hair Thread - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heartyman

Reaction score
Their business model: sell cheaply at $5. 50,000 ppl buy, they earn 250k. Doesnt matter if product sucks. They already earn 250k, dont need returning customer.

Once business turns bad at 2nd year, they rebrand themselves and do same thing. This type of business model have 0 morals. Only naive people will think $5 pomade ingredients for your hair are as good as $30 pomades ingredients.

nichsong

Reaction score
Their business model: sell cheaply at $5. 50,000 ppl buy, they earn 250k. Doesnt matter if product sucks. They already earn 250k, dont need returning customer.

Once business turns bad at 2nd year, they rebrand themselves and do same thing. This type of business model have 0 morals. Only naive people will think $5 pomade ingredients for your hair are as good as $30 pomades ingredients.

All out to make a quick buck. Aside from Leopomades, have yet to see another local brand try their hand at homebrewing or coming up with custom formulas for their products. Tbh many companies simply use white label products and thats fine.. But at least be alil more innovative / resourceful and search for a diff lab / use a diff formula. All using the same bloody lab and formula cos its cheap. The average, uneducated consumers are all buying thinking its a diff product. My goodness.

nichsong

Reaction score
Update on Shiseido Stage Works Spiky Booster

Alright guys, straightforward: Great matte finish product that DEFO works in our weather. Tried it on without any prestyler/hairspray. Performed exactly as I expected, has a really rigid hold due to its tackiness (but application was good, wont tug prolly unless u apply alot at once). Lasts well even in hot weather (was hot af today). I'll put this product right up there with Indians Clay. Indians Clay has a slightly higher hold which is more rigid, and a drier finish but is also much harder to emulsify and spread into the hair. Here comes the best part tho: is I paid a total $30 bucks incl shipping from Japan ($4) for 2 of the products. That brings it down to just $15 per product. With that kind of performance at that price, you'd bet it'd be one of my absolute go tos from now on along with Indians Clay and Morris Balm.

*EDIT*
Oh I forgot to mention, it washes out easily as well as long as you don't spam the product. You won't need alot anw as its so highly concentrated. A thorough pre-rinse and one round of shampoo should do the trick.

Last edited:

jackiekof

Reaction score
Alright guys, straightforward: Great matte finish product that DEFO works in our weather. Tried it on without any prestyler/hairspray. Performed exactly as I expected, has a really rigid hold due to its tackiness (but application was good, wont tug prolly unless u apply alot at once). Lasts well even in hot weather (was hot af today). I'll put this product right up there with Indians Clay. Indians Clay has a slightly higher hold which is more rigid, and a drier finish but is also much harder to emulsify and spread into the hair. Here comes the best part tho: is I paid a total $30 bucks incl shipping from Japan ($4) for 2 of the products. That brings it down to just $15 per product. With that kind of performance at that price, you'd bet it'd be one of my absolute go tos from now on along with Indians Clay and Morris Balm.
May I know what product?

djoker

Reaction score
Shiner Gold Pomade for S$8 http://carousell.com/p/97210505

Hahahaha see the link above.. seriously?! Shiner gold ripoffs also can hahahah a.

I wonder what goes through the heads of these people. I guess they must be thinking: if i cant convince, i better confuse!

eyz

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
any good barber at JB?

recently bought a Gatsby grey colored pomade, but have yet to use it. wondering is there any feedback from you guys.

HectorTan87

Reaction score
For hair wax personally i'm using this relatively unknown brand made in korea from beauty language .. it's a matt styling faying wax.. the cover on top is light blue & the container itself is transparent white-grey... The brand is a Big C at the side & the full name is Chiett i think :s11: It really smells very nice when u applied onto your hair & it's easy to style with as well. Most importantly if you buy 2 it costs only $30 bucks. Regular price for 1 is $19.90. Very value for price.

nichsong

Reaction score
How does it compares to Uevo Grey?

Uevo grey is lighter in texture and much easier to spread out and emulsify, much more creamy. In terms of initial hold, I find both products to be on par but for some reason, I experience issues with endurance later in the day, for uevo. However many people have found it to work well for them. Are you personally using uevo? If you have no endurance issues with it I suggest just sticking with it since it's strong hold and lightweight.

nichsong

Reaction score
Will give a simple comparison here regarding Indians Clay vs Spiky Booster: scores are upon 10

Application:
Spiky Booster 7.5
Indians clay 6.5

Hold:
Spiky booster 8.7
Indians clay 10.0 (personally the most rigid and strongest hold product I've ever tried)

Endurance:
Spiky booster 8.5
Indians clay 10.0

Washability: (take note here that despite the scores, both wash out within one shampoo, with a standard amt of product being used. This is just the easiness and speed of washing/rinsing it out)

Spiky booster: 7.5
Indians: 9.0

Value for money:
Spiky booster: 9.5 (when bought with 2 for 1 offer for $30.X incl shipping from Japan, 1 tube is 70g ea)
Indians clay: 6.5 (considering price point of $30 for 75g)

Last edited:

nez

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Uevo grey is lighter in texture and much easier to spread out and emulsify, much more creamy. In terms of initial hold, I find both products to be on par but for some reason, I experience issues with endurance later in the day, for uevo. However many people have found it to work well for them. Are you personally using uevo? If you have no endurance issues with it I suggest just sticking with it since it's strong hold and lightweight.

Yea. Bought the uveo months back but hardly use it. Tried a few time but somehow I dislike it. Properly the texture after it sets. Carnt really recall. But not so much on endurance issue.
Using other products, Usually I rarely touch my hair throughout the day & just let it settle naturally. I do use hairspray ocassionally.
Currently I using it sparingly to tame the sides only.

Last edited:

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Pop up store at Havelock 2 basement 1. Special price for all products.
come visit us!
BE1BE6C8-2B4B-44C3-87BC-DE10FC7F4C13_zps1jcjzwbb.jpg

x3dnd3x

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
any good barber at JB?

recently bought a Gatsby grey colored pomade, but have yet to use it. wondering is there any feedback from you guys.

I never really see much barbers in JB area. Wondering Bukit Indah side how.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.