Nvidia Shield TV

Status
Not open for further replies.

saj282

Reaction score
Bump....anyone?

Seems like it is a matter of poor pricing design/configuration.

If you chose "Original Shield TV Stand" option, you not only get the stand accessory but also the Shield TV at 10 cent cheaper. :)

Fiddler

Banned
Reaction score
Well, I decided to order from Amazon as I'm in no hurry.

I don't have any use for the Game Controller though, so I'll be selling it.

Let me know if anyone is interested. Probably a good way to get one
for a few bucks less and without paying any shipping.

htngwilliam

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
well, this is for starters :)
not everyone is this "handy" mah

Actually plugging in thumbdrive is not the way to go in long term. You can try es explorer as I have mention. Then you realize how easy it is to load app. After that, hook up a NAS to get streaming of movies. Together with 4k YouTube and Netflix, super powerful!

Fiddler

Banned
Reaction score
I think Nvidia would get a lot more customers if they allowed people to buy their components separately. But of course, I understand why they never will. =:p

Right now, the Controller costs USD60, the remote costs USD40…..so given the bundled price of Shield TV at USD199, the box is at USD99.

That's a pretty reasonable price for what it does.

I certainly don't need the remote or the controller.

htngwilliam

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I think Nvidia would get a lot more customers if they allowed people to buy their components separately. But of course, I understand why they never will. =:p

Right now, the Controller costs USD60, the remote costs USD40…..so given the bundled price of Shield TV at USD199, the box is at USD99.

That's a pretty reasonable price for what it does.

I certainly don't need the remote or the controller.

Cannot calculate it like this. Selling at US$99, the rest if the box don't need to sell already

halocast

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
if buy from amazon US.. the plug that it comes with can use in singapore?

how to power the device?

Last edited:

petetherock

Reaction score
Members are reminded that no illegal software or hardware should be discussed on this forum, thank you.

atlarge

Reaction score
anyone has the Viewqwest 4k box here? how does it compare against the nvidia shield?

thanks!

halocast

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I feel period this is the best android box out now.

Can't wait for it to come.

htngwilliam

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Seriously after I tried nvidia shield tv box, all other box quite lousy already. Only complain is the 5gHz wifi seems weak and quite unstable

drowned_fish

Reaction score
Nvidia Shield TV 2017 - First look review.

I have just bought a Nvidia Shield TV2017 model, have yet to test out the functions yet due to house renovating etc.

Got it with discounted price about $340 SGD included delivery charges, just think that I can share a few thoughts with you gues.

Here are my thoughts for the first look:

The packaging is in solid paper box, with foams inside the box to reduce falling impact, can say the devices are well protected from that.

However one point is making not really happy about it is the devices are not covered in clear plastics to protect it from finger prints/scratches. I have look through mine, some black shiny area on the TV box, controller and the remote control has a few scratches on them. Not really a big deal, but you know this is ''NEW''.:(

Also the controller batteries, after I took them out and check, there are finger prints on the batteries.:(

All of the above mentioned are noticed from the freshly opened box. No one has touched it before. Though this is not the sellers' fault.

Based on what I have seen on YouTube, I have noticed everyone's unboxing review does not has the clear plastic to cover the devices. But, for us to spend a few hundred dollars to get such a most expensive TV and console box, this is what we get from Nvidia. Really? I'm sure I go to the market and buy a $40 Nokia phone they also have the clear plastic for the screen for protection.

The first look make me feel like I have purchased some kind of cheapo TV box from the IT show.:s22:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.