The Hair Thread - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hervaux Singapore

Reaction score
Hervaux is now part of HWZ family and would like to share and contribute to the community here. We would like to try and help everyone on pomades and hair styling questions or anything related to Men's Grooming, Lifestyle, Travel or Fashion.

sansanjikikut

Master Member
Reaction score
First time use uevo, smell like gatsby moving rubber sia. Initial hold is super pliable, after an hour or so hold turns into pp hair spray kind, firm but still movaeble. Just don't use water when restyling.

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
lol to all the other so called retailers in the hair wax business now.
cannot compete professionally and all they do is send baseless complaints and accusation about others.
find other ways to compete, being a whistleblower just shows how much of a loser your business and yourself is.

dumb kids.

tsk tsk.

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
First time use uevo, smell like gatsby moving rubber sia. Initial hold is super pliable, after an hour or so hold turns into pp hair spray kind, firm but still movaeble. Just don't use water when restyling.

yep, that fiber like hold
some likes it, some don't.

bolts

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Like to share some info for those with hair loss issues. I am 50 yr old, facing hair loss issue. Using some organic shampoo, didn't stop hair loss, only slow it down. But recently, hair loss reversed. Actually gained more hair, but not to the same condition as when i was in my twenties.

The secret ingredient was nothing more than brown rice - the deep reddish type. 6 months ago, ate 1 meal a day with brown reddish rice. The hair loss reversed until my fren took notice.

You may wiah to try and see if it works.

xRenol

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Added Indians Extra Strong Hold Molding Clay to the list.

Hair Wax

E.B.L Taste Matt Finish Hair Clay
- Pleasant smell
- Harden very fast upon applying on hair
- Sticky on hair after apply
- Able to create slight volume for short to medium hair
- Holding strength: very strong for short hair and strong for medium hair
- Not easy to wash off with some generic shampoo

Hairbond Moulder
- Holding strength: weak for short hair and very weak for medium hair
- Easy to wash off

HDF Claymation
- Able to create slight volume for short to medium hair length
- Holding strength: average for short hair and weak for medium hair
- Easy to wash off

HDF Qucksand
- Able to create great volume for short to medium hair length
- Holding strength: very weak for short hair
- Easy to wash off

HDF Sponge Wax
- Unable to create volume
- Easy to wash off

Indians Extra Strong Hold Molding Clay
- Clay texture and creamy in colour
- Lightweight and able to create slight volume
- Easy to apply but sticky on hair after apply
- Holding strength: very strong for short hair length and strong for medium hair length
- Not easy to wash off (based on Ryo Shampoo)

K-Clay Hard Floral Hair Clay
- Pleasant smell
- Easy to apply as it does not harden very fast
- Able to create minimal volume for short hair
- Holding strength: slightly above average for short hair with slight shine
- Easy to wash off

Mister Pompadour Natural Beeswax Paste
- Easy for wash off

Vantachi Hair Clay (purple) - new version
- Smell like cucumber
- Able to re-create the hairstyle easily
- Able to create slight volume for short hair
- Easy to wash off

Vantachi Hair Clay (gray) - old version
- Sticky on hand but not on hair after apply
- Able to re-create the hairstyle easily
- Able to create slight volume for short hair
- Holding strength: strong for short hair and average for medium hair
- Easy to wash off

Shampoo/Conditioner

Care For My Cut: Daily Shampoo
- Texture: white creamy type
- Smell: nice fragance
- Feel/Touch on scalp during wash: gentle
- Smell after wash: slight fragance
- Hair texture after wash: no or minimal moisturized

Feeling Show Shampoo
- Texture: green gel type
- Smell: slight minty smell
- Feel/Touch on scalp during wash: cooling feel due to the menthol
- Smell after wash: no smell
- Hair texture after wash: in between dry and moisturized

Hergen Loss Prevention Treatment Shampoo
- Texture: yellow gel type
- Smell before wash: nice aroma smell
- Smell after wash: slight aroma smell
- Hair texture after wash: not really moisturized but quite smooth

Q8 Carbolic Silky Shampoo
- Texture: black gel type
- Smell before wash: very slight gentle smell
- Smell after wash: no smell
- Hair texture after wash: dry

Pote Natural Organic Shampoo
- Texture: white creamy type
- Smell before wash: gentle nice smell
- Feel/Touch on scalp during wash: slightly less gentle than Vogne
- Smell after wash: slight gentle smell
- Hair texture after wash: slightly more moisturized than Vogne

Ryo Shampoo (Purple Colour)
- Texture: dark brown gel type
- Smell before wash: ginseng smell
- Feel/Touch on scalp during wash: slight gentle
- Smell after wash: slight ginseng smell
- Hair texture after wash: slightly moisturized

Vogne Aroma Essence Acidic Shampoo
- Texture: milky creamy type
- Smell before wash: very nice smell
- Feel/Touch on scalp during wash: slightly less gentle than Carbolic and Hergen
- Smell after wash: slight stronger smell but not as strong and lasting as other shampoos that I have used before
- Hair texture after wash: moisturized

Hair texture after wash
Dry <-----> Moisturized
Q8 Carbolic Silky Shampoo (dry) -- Care For My Cut: Daily Shampoo/Hergen Loss Prevention Treatment Shampoo -- Feeling Show Shampoo -- Vogne Aroma Essence Acidic Shampoo -- Pote Natural Organic Shampoo (most moisturized)

Ryo Hair Treatment (Purple Colour)
- Texture: light brown creamy type
- Smell before wash: no smell
- Hair texture after wash: moisturized and smooth

Vogne Maintenance Treatment Acidic Conditioner
- Texture: milky creamy type
- Smell before wash: gentle nice smell
- Hair texture after wash: very moisturized and smooth

NoLogicLah

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hi guys, i am going for prewedding photoshoot in May.

Can recommend any good saloon to cut my hair for prewed shoot

thanks~

Beta_Tester

Honorary Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
you all saw the startup the average joe or something? looks promising with that price for hair grooming stuff.

Meowtiko

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
wake up in morning hair always very oily..

always need shampoo, got any better shampoo for oily scalp anot?

I used H&S for sometime liao i think time for a change

-Decade-

Reaction score
Hey all,

I've tried using wax when i was in secondary school, didn't like it as it made my face SUPER oily, like super super oily. Thus i didn't continue using hair styling product as i had a bad experience. However as of now, with more research, I've came to found out that there are other products that are not wax, such a clay or pomades.

Would like to get some opinion about hair clay as I think hair clay is something that i would want; easy to wash off. As for the types of hold and shine it gives, i know that it differs from product to product.

Have been wanting to get pre-styler and hair clay, was looking at giovanni frizz be gone pre-styler as it has heat protection and hopefully anti-frizz property just as it's name suggest? However I've read in this thread that the sea salt spray works wonder too, may i know what are the differences between this two?

I've also decided on getting the By vilian dynamite clay as it seems that it has the properties that i want; medium hold and matte finish if i remember correctly. However on hairbroduct website there is a product which interest me which is the morris motley treatment styling balm. Will i be better off by just getting the dynamite clay from by vilian? Or will the morris motley product have something to offer like it's treatment property and works the same as the dynamite clay?

Much thanks!

Last edited:

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hey all,

I've tried using wax when i was in secondary school, didn't like it as it made my face SUPER oily, like super super oily. Thus i didn't continue using hair styling product as i had a bad experience. However as of now, with more research, I've came to found out that there are other products that are not wax, such a clay or pomades.

Would like to get some opinion about hair clay as I think hair clay is something that i would want; easy to wash off. As for the types of hold and shine it gives, i know that it differs from product to product.

Have been wanting to get pre-styler and hair clay, was looking at giovanni frizz be gone pre-styler as it has heat protection and hopefully anti-frizz property just as it's name suggest? However I've read in this thread that the sea salt spray works wonder too, may i know what are the differences between this two?

I've also decided on getting the By vilian dynamite clay as it seems that it has the properties that i want; medium hold and matte finish if i remember correctly. However on hairbroduct website there is a product which interest me which is the morris motley treatment styling balm. Will i be better off by just getting the dynamite clay from by vilian? Or will the morris motley product have something to offer like it's treatment property and works the same as the dynamite clay?

Much thanks!

like you said oily, i suggest you get something that will dry up your hair, like sea salt spray does.
It gives your hair that beachy ruffle look after blow drying.
can try the ref 323 sea salt spray
then finish off with Morris Motley Treatment styling balm.
the balm has a good all day hold, natural matte finish and it has ingredients in it to protect and treat your hair throught out the day.

dynamite clay as it suggest is medium - strong hold but it definitely more oily compared to morris motley because of a small amount of petroleum ingredients.

i would recommend morris motley balm over the dynamite clay unless you know what you're doing.

lastly, you will need a good shampoo to use daily to remove any impurities in your hair after a long day out, to keep your hair and scalp healthy

-Decade-

Reaction score
like you said oily, i suggest you get something that will dry up your hair, like sea salt spray does.
It gives your hair that beachy ruffle look after blow drying.
can try the ref 323 sea salt spray
then finish off with Morris Motley Treatment styling balm.
the balm has a good all day hold, natural matte finish and it has ingredients in it to protect and treat your hair throught out the day.

dynamite clay as it suggest is medium - strong hold but it definitely more oily compared to morris motley because of a small amount of petroleum ingredients.

i would recommend morris motley balm over the dynamite clay unless you know what you're doing.

lastly, you will need a good shampoo to use daily to remove any impurities in your hair after a long day out, to keep your hair and scalp healthy

Hey thanks bro for the quick and in-depth reply! I do understand hairbroduct is the website you are running and i would definitely get those products from there :D . Morris motley balm was said to have a lightweight feel, so that it won't weigh down the hairstyle you have done after awhile, this seems like a plus point to me too.

May i know what is a good shampoo you will recommend? Speaking about shampoo, I've been watching videos about what kind of shampoo we should use and how frequent we should shampoo our hair. Any shampoo that contains sulfate is harmful for your hair. And shampooing your hair daily will take away the natural oil from your hair (but definitely to shampoo after using hair products). Since then I've tried to shampoo my hair every other day, only consistently using conditioner everyday. Hope i am doing this right

Hervaux Singapore

Reaction score
Hi Mr -Decade-,

You can go for Blindbarber 90proof pomade or Morris Motley Treatment Styling Balm. Both are good for oily hair.

Blind Barber 90 Proof Pomade: Infused with hops, this protein-rich styling aid will leave hair with a strong, yet workable, matte finish. As it turns out, hops aren't just for beer. They happen to be an effective conditioning and thickening agent, perfect for regulating greasy hair. They are antiseptic and a great dandruff fighter.

Morris Motley Treatment Styling Balm: Formulated in house by Rob Mason, this product consists of radical blend of premium ingredients absorbs moisture and swells into the hair on impact. Creates weightless matte texture, fights off grease, pliable strong hold and thickens fine hair.

For more details on both products, do drop by our website products details page. We are the authorized retailer for both Blind Barber and Morris Motley. All products are straight from the brands with 100% authencity verification. I hope you can finally find your indespensable hair styling product.

Warm Regards,
Dave Lim
Customer Support
Hervaux Singapore

Last edited:

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hey thanks bro for the quick and in-depth reply! I do understand hairbroduct is the website you are running and i would definitely get those products from there :D . Morris motley balm was said to have a lightweight feel, so that it won't weigh down the hairstyle you have done after awhile, this seems like a plus point to me too.

May i know what is a good shampoo you will recommend? Speaking about shampoo, I've been watching videos about what kind of shampoo we should use and how frequent we should shampoo our hair. Any shampoo that contains sulfate is harmful for your hair. And shampooing your hair daily will take away the natural oil from your hair (but definitely to shampoo after using hair products). Since then I've tried to shampoo my hair every other day, only consistently using conditioner everyday. Hope i am doing this right

daily shampoo can try vogne shampoo. if not can try giovanni shampoo.

i have been using vogne shampoo since 2013 and i swear by it. (as much as i retail the product, i was a consumer before.)

its best to shampoo daily, at least once a day. for me, i do it in the morning and when my day ends. morning cause during the night, we guys tend to perspire more and oil is generated overnight. to look fresh and ready to conquer the day, wash your hair, smell good, look good and you will be confident. you dont want ppl to smell the overnight smelly hair of yours.

at night after the day ends because grime, dirt and oil is being collected throughout the day, especially our hot and humid climate on top of city life. the worse thing you can do is not wash your hair plus if you have hair products in your hair.
wash and keep your hair and scalp clean and i ensure you will have no problems.

those fortnightly washes only works for cooler and dry climates in overseas, that theory or rather crap dont work for us here in Singapore.

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi Mr -Decade-,

You can go for Blindbarber 90proof pomade or Morris Motley Treatment Styling Balm. Both are good for oily hair.

Blind Barber 90 Proof Pomade: Infused with hops, this protein-rich styling aid will leave hair with a strong, yet workable, matte finish. As it turns out, hops aren't just for beer. They happen to be an effective conditioning and thickening agent, perfect for regulating greasy hair. They are antiseptic and a great dandruff fighter.

Morris Motley Treatment Styling Balm: Formulated in house by Rob Mason, this product consists of radical blend of premium ingredients absorbs moisture and swells into the hair on impact. Creates weightless matte texture, fights off grease, pliable strong hold and thickens fine hair.

For more details on both products, do drop by our website products details page. We are the authorized retailer for both Blind Barber and Morris Motley. All products are straight from the brands with 100% authencity verification. I hope you can finally find your indespensable hair styling product.

Warm Regards,
Dave Lim
Customer Support
Hervaux Singapore

copy paste from their respective sites? you can do better. ;)

blind barber and morris motley got fake ones ah?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.