 Pay Discussions [Read first page for FAQ]

Fellowes

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Interesting when I use Apple Pay to make payment at two different Popular store, the cashier always ask which bank. I don't remember need to have a respective bank, the protocol is the same, I don't see McDonald or retail store that support Apple/Samsung/Android Pay asking which card before tapping. Only at popular which is weird.

ashhong

Reaction score
anyone has issue adding DBS credit card to Apple Pay?

It seem that their server is experiencing some problem today. Apparently it didn't trigger the OTP option, instead it asked me to call the bank verification. However DBS said they do not do verification over the phone. PS: AMEX does it.

I had previously added the same card, but I reset my iPhone yesterday and now I have to add it back again. sigh...

By the way, I don't have problem with cards from the other bank.

melvinchen

Master Member
Reaction score
anyone has issue adding DBS credit card to Apple Pay?

It seem that their server is experiencing some problem today. Apparently it didn't trigger the OTP option, instead it asked me to call the bank verification. However DBS said they do not do verification over the phone. PS: AMEX does it.

I had previously added the same card, but I reset my iPhone yesterday and now I have to add it back again. sigh...

By the way, I don't have problem with cards from the other bank.

No issues at all but DBS/UOB AMEX won't work.

ashhong

Reaction score
No issues at all but DBS/UOB AMEX won't work.

Ok, I should have done a update to my previous post.

Anyway I figured out that the issue is with the bank side. It works the next day.

Yup, those AMEX under DBS/UOB won't work. Actually I don't even see the benefit of getting those "fake" AMEX. In fact it is a burden when you try to settle the bill at the end of the moment. For instance, you can't use another bank account to pay for DBS AMEX, and have to use DBS ibanking to do it.

kenchi

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Works with iphone meh
I thought it for android

Went google it and found out it works for iOS and android but only MasterCard only

UOB has already began to implement the use of contactless technology for ATM withdrawal. I have been using it for some time already. So if you are currently using UOB, you may try it out.

Last edited:

bcoffee

Reaction score
Just added my Standard Charted cc to the iPhone SE Apple Pay. Tried to pay in Starbucks. Held my phone close to the reader and my phone has authenticated my fingerprint and was showing 'Hold Near Reader to Pay'. However, nothing happen and the payment didn't go through.

Anyone can assist?

tec_geek

Reaction score
Just added my Standard Charted cc to the iPhone SE Apple Pay. Tried to pay in Starbucks. Held my phone close to the reader and my phone has authenticated my fingerprint and was showing 'Hold Near Reader to Pay'. However, nothing happen and the payment didn't go through.

Anyone can assist?

Sometimes it happens when the terminal isn't ready or its going to be ready for payments and we try to authenticate the purchase.

Move the phone away from the terminal, then try again. Ensure the terminal is ready or ready to tap card for payments.

AnDyLe0

Reaction score

Anyone can assist?

did u tap at the apple logo (back cover) or tap the top part of iphone?
iphone's nfc is at the top.

xttxtt

Reaction score

Anyone can assist?

i get that before and we just wait for a bit and try again and it went through. sometimes it's their machine and you just have to try again.

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i get that before and we just wait for a bit and try again and it went through. sometimes it's their machine and you just have to try again.

did u tap at the apple logo (back cover) or tap the top part of iphone?
iphone's nfc is at the top.

haha, was about to mention that. people conveniently assume the NFC antenna is at the centre part of the phone. For most other phones it seems like it, but for apple, always a completely new design. :D

xttxtt

Reaction score
haha, was about to mention that. people conveniently assume the NFC antenna is at the centre part of the phone. For most other phones it seems like it, but for apple, always a completely new design. :D

yalor as always, apple is apple =:p

AnDyLe0

Reaction score

yeah. but it's more convenient to tap the top part of phone.
many ppl still don't know that for android/samsung pay, u tap the back cover of phone. for apple pay, u should tap the top part of iphone, perpendicular to the reader.
i still see a lot of ppl holding their iphones in parallel with the reader, hence find it difficult to get thru.

tec_geek

Reaction score
DBS/POSB May Promotions: 90¢ deals via Apple Pay at StarBucks, Toast Box & Uber

eIyeG0t.jpg

https://myapplesingapore.tech/2017/05/01/dbsposb-may-promotions-90cents-deals-via-apple-pay/

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.