Unblock TV Discussion Thread II [consolidated]

Status
Not open for further replies.

mneo91

Reaction score
Type chinese

Hi all,

I can't seem to type in Chinese? I've tried going into language and input in settings but can't seem to select an option for mandarin.

This is slightly troublesome for youtube app where I can't do the keypad chinese typing that most of the other apps have.

Any way to include a Mandarin keyboard?

thanks!

super365

Master Member
Reaction score
If I buy the Unblock tv box, next time when analog signal no more can I don't buy digital tv box and antenna? I mean just watch ch8 those local free channels using unblock tv can or not?

If I want to connect unblock tv box to TV and also digital tv box to TV, how to connect because my TV only have one HDMI connector? Is there some sort of device make one TV HDMI slot to become 2 slots or more? Dont want to everyday plug in plug out HDMI wire.

Any reviews between unblock tv vs minix, which better? Does minix inside have something similar like the ubtv app inside unblock? ubtv app seems like the main good feature of unblock.

Thanks

in1996

Reaction score
Hi all,

I can't seem to type in Chinese? I've tried going into language and input in settings but can't seem to select an option for mandarin.

This is slightly troublesome for youtube app where I can't do the keypad chinese typing that most of the other apps have.

Any way to include a Mandarin keyboard?

thanks!

You may try google pinyin input. It can support both pinyin and handwriting by using USB mouse.
It can be downloaded from google playstore.

in1996

Reaction score
If I buy the Unblock tv box, next time when analog signal no more can I don't buy digital tv box and antenna? I mean just watch ch8 those local free channels using unblock tv can or not?

If I want to connect unblock tv box to TV and also digital tv box to TV, how to connect because my TV only have one HDMI connector? Is there some sort of device make one TV HDMI slot to become 2 slots or more? Dont want to everyday plug in plug out HDMI wire.

Any reviews between unblock tv vs minix, which better? Does minix inside have something similar like the ubtv app inside unblock? ubtv app seems like the main good feature of unblock.

Thanks

1.I don't use unblock for local FTA channels. So, i am not sure on that.

2. You can buy a HDMi switch from cable shop eg. ISTM in sim lim square #03-??

3. MInix having better hardware specification and well built. but the downside is the manufacturer did not run their own server for the live tv and contents. UBblock itself come with one set of live channels and one set of VOD app for drama and movies. Another brand you may consider is EVPAD. The spec is better than Ubox TV box come with one set of Easy TV with 1500 channels and the pro version is EVT pro with 200+ of HK, TW and popular English channels

ferocity

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Thanks

Makes absolutely no sense for you to get ubox just for the mediacorp channels.
1. In terms of cost, the cheapest ubox gen 3 costs around $130-140. A simple digital tuner + indoor antenna costs $50 max on qoo10.

2. In terms of picture quality, with digital tuner you can receive the channels in 1080i quality if your tv supports fullhd. The picture quality of the channels in the ubox livetv app are pretty terrible(probably max 480p).

3. In terms of channel stability, ubox live tv channels always go up and down, especially these mediacorp channels in the malaysia section. They might be unavailable for long periods of time. With digital tuner, you dont have to worry about this. The only consideration would be where to place your antenna for best reception and this is easy with some trial and error.

Dont bother considering brands like minix or evpad. They cost more than a ubox. For your usage purpose, you really can do no worse than getting a standard digital tuner and indoor antenna.

super365

Master Member
Reaction score
Makes absolutely no sense for you to get ubox just for the mediacorp channels.
1. In terms of cost, the cheapest ubox gen 3 costs around $130-140. A simple digital tuner + indoor antenna costs $50 max on qoo10.

Thanks for the answers.

I was actually trying to say if I already bought a ubox can I skip buying digital tuner + indoor antenna to save money, not mean buy ubox for the purpose of watching free channels.

Can i install browser app like chrome inside ubox? Then I go to the toggle website to watch free channels.

Can ubox install all android apps? Is the ubox platform like a real android like the android in smartphone is it?

Last edited:

ferocity

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the answers.

I was actually trying to say if I already bought a ubox can I skip buying digital tuner + indoor antenna to save money, not mean buy ubox for the purpose of watching free channels.

Can i install browser app like chrome inside ubox? Then I go to the toggle website to watch free channels.

Can ubox install all android apps? Is the ubox platform like a real android like the android in smartphone is it?

Yes, ubox is like any android tv box out there. You can install android apps and such. As for toggle, i dont use it but i would assume it sld work. The unblock live tv app has mediacorp channels, so yes theoretically getting a ubox would be sufficient for your local FTA channel needs. But again, my previous points still stand. If you want to enjoy your chan 8 drama with good sound and picture quality, better to just stick to digital tuner + antenna.

super365

Master Member
Reaction score
1.I don't use unblock for local FTA channels. So, i am not sure on that.

2. You can buy a HDMi switch from cable shop eg. ISTM in sim lim square #03-??

3. MInix having better hardware specification and well built. but the downside is the manufacturer did not run their own server for the live tv and contents. UBblock itself come with one set of live channels and one set of VOD app for drama and movies. Another brand you may consider is EVPAD. The spec is better than Ubox TV box come with one set of Easy TV with 1500 channels and the pro version is EVT pro with 200+ of HK, TW and popular English channels

Easy TV app can only be installed in EVPAD is it?

EVT pro is it monthly subscription payment?

bishop1

Reaction score
GEN 2 YOUTUBE app thumbnail Problem

I have an Gen 2 Ubox.

The Youtube app (for Android TV) use to display all video thumbnails but now has reverted to just displaying one!

I have tried to side load older versions apks AND factory reset the box.

Nothing worked!

The Google Playstore Youtube(mobile) app works as expected but I am getting a considerable headache from my dear mother who insists on using this app and no other! (She won't even use he mobile and chromecast... because she like the remote!)

I have ordered a Gen 3 box hoping the hardware upgrade will fix this.

Can anyone confirm their Youtube (android TV) app works please.

cochran

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi

Can i check if it is possible to record or save the video on a channel on ubox live?

Said i want to record a talk show from china channel x which is from 8-9pm. How and wat to save the show as video file?

Thank you.

ferocity

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Easy TV app can only be installed in EVPAD is it?

EVT pro is it monthly subscription payment?

Proprietary apps of cos only works on their respective boxes. Similar to ubox, evpad boxes are 1 time payment-lifetime use based.

super365

Master Member
Reaction score
Yes, ubox is like any android tv box out there. You can install android apps and such. As for toggle, i dont use it but i would assume it sld work. The unblock live tv app has mediacorp channels, so yes theoretically getting a ubox would be sufficient for your local FTA channel needs. But again, my previous points still stand. If you want to enjoy your chan 8 drama with good sound and picture quality, better to just stick to digital tuner + antenna.

Can the ubox android+my tv act exactly like samsung phone android? I assume got playstore and can install browser/games and play on the ubox? Is it the normal ubox give the controller can act like smartphone keypad, and I can attached a mouse to act like finger tapping the tv android screen correct?

I would like ubox android+my tv to have a browser app to surf net. My tv is normal lcd tv.

Do I need bluetooth version if I want the ubox android+my tv to act like phone android?

Thanks

Last edited:

ferocity

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Can the ubox android+my tv act exactly like samsung phone android? I assume got playstore and can install browser/games and play on the ubox? Is it the normal ubox give the controller can act like smartphone keypad, and I can attached a mouse to act like finger tapping the tv android screen correct?

I would like ubox android+my tv to have a browser app to surf net. My tv is normal lcd tv.

Do I need bluetooth version if I want the ubox android+my tv to act like phone android?

Thanks

Ubox comes with google playstore. Can install browser and surf the web. Can install and play simple emulator rom games but the latest graphic intensive games wont run well due to the low end hardware of the ubox. Ubox comes with a infrared remote control. You can use your own usb airmouse or bluetooth based controller if your ubox is gen 3 bluetooth version.

in1996

Reaction score
Hi

Can i check if it is possible to record or save the video on a channel on ubox live?

Said i want to record a talk show from china channel x which is from 8-9pm. How and wat to save the show as video file?

Thank you.

I have a weird suggestion. Use the AV cable to connect it to your grand VCR recorder :s13:

ferocity

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
minix u9 or this better?

Answered to the death........minix u9 is standalone tv box with solid hardware but you have to find and install your own apps. Ubox is 1 time payment-lifetime usage of live tv and vod apps bundled into a tv box with mediocre hardware. Which is better? Depends on what exactly you are using the box for.

physistry

Reaction score
Seller never mention whether they are authorized dealer. Boxes bought from unauthorized sellers runs the risk of getting mac id blocked.
e.g. this seller http://list.qoo10.sg/g/521903577

End of the day your wallet your money so you decide for yourself whether its worth the risk buying.

hey, able to recommend where to get one? like those carousell people selling - can collect on the spot kind.

Last edited:

ogreblubber

Reaction score
hey, able to recommend where to get one? like those carousell people selling - can collect on the spot kind.

Quite a lot of sellers online from carousell/shopee/qoo10. I just bought the bluetooth gen 3 at $115 from Valuestation on shopee after some price comparing but through delivery. Not sure if they offer self collect

physistry

Reaction score
Ahhh thanks. Yea there are a lot. Was hoping they are authorized to avoid Mac address blocked or not recognized.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.