[GPGT] OMG! Aetos Auxiliary Police entry salary HIGHER THAN our state police SPF!

Kyoji83

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I am a graduate with one of the PEI partner university. Few years ago, a Security Firm offer me the position of Auxiliary Police Inspector. During 6 to 8 weeks of training as a Trainee Inspector, I will have a pay cut to the basic salary of S$2,600 when I am earning around S$3,400 (Waiting for salary increment in few months time) as a HR Executive in private sector. After I pass out as a Probationary Inspector, my basic salary will rise to S$3,600 and it take me a year to be promoted to Inspector Grade 1. Unlike Auxiliary Police Officer, there will not be any Joining Bonus or Over Time Pay given to me as a Senior Auxiliary Police Officer.

If I fail to pass out from the course, I am required to pay back a bond & my employment will be over. Even if I pass out as a Probationary Inspector, if I fail to become a confirmed staff as an Inspector Grade 1, I am also required to pay back a bond & my employment will be over. After taking into factors like family commitment & opportunity cost in my career, I have decided to reject that offer for the position of Auxiliary Police Inspector.

Be@rbrick

Reaction score
wah sounds bad. i got an interview for the post in Airport at Cisco tomorrow 12pm. still thinking should i go or not.

Konnichiwa

Banned
Reaction score
People with mental illness can join?

I think 50% of people who join Cisco had some form of mental illness... e.g depression because during the course, there will be psychology test... and half don't pass.

Most importantly, you be carrying gun... just don't use it to kill yourself...

The money maybe be higher than most starting pay... but the work itself is not easy.... doing nothing is not easy... I am not kidding...

immortal86

Master Member
Reaction score
actually say after apo for 2 to 3 years, what is the progression like?

or can join those pte security firm be team lead?

Kyoji83

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Unless you get exemption by downpes while you are still serving with your company, all APO needs to go for their IPPT.

However I hear only Aeto come up with another scheme that APO do not needs to go for IPPT but salary is lower then those who needs to go IPPT.

To add on, those APO needs to go for their IPPT, i hear that there will always be 'by left way'.

I heard APO no need IPPT.

need to be how fit to join armed ones? got ippt?

Kyoji83

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I ever saw in newspaper that Cisco have scheme to let their JO study part time while working full time. So Cisco is good for those who wish to upgrade themselves while working.

Aetos allow Poly Diploma to be SO as direct entry while Cisco only Degree holder. So even if you start off as JO, there is a chance where Aetos promote you to SO due to your performance but you will never get this treatment from Cisco.

Aetos or cisco better?

kittypryde

Reaction score
I think 50% of people who join Cisco had some form of mental illness... e.g depression because during the course, there will be psychology test... and half don't pass.

Most importantly, you be carrying gun... just don't use it to kill yourself...

The money maybe be higher than most starting pay... but the work itself is not easy.... doing nothing is not easy... I am not kidding...

Seriously don't get why people always associate those with mental illness to kill themselves if they have a gun. There is literally thousands of ways for you to die if you really intend so. A gun does not make any major difference.

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.