Ask me any questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

dungeonalley

Reaction score
never done Osaka to Hiroshima myself but I would not consider it a day trip

why not spend some time in kyushu region? Kumamoto is also a nice place to visit

I heard like the earthquake last year caused abit of damage. like the castle is not open cos of repair?

laeticia

Reaction score
If anyone could offer some advice.
Looking at that SQ flight too and planning to spend the night at Airport hotel cos heading to Kyoto first.

Changed my itenary again so
Day 1: Kansai airport hotel (hotel 1)
Day 2: Kyoto (hotel 2)
Day 3: Kyoto
Day 4: Uji
Day 5: Kyoto
Day 6: Osaka (hotel 3)
Day 7: Osaka
Day 8-11: Tokyo (hotel 4)
Day 12: overnight trip to Kusatsu onsen (hotel 5)
Day 13: last night in Toyko (hotel 6)

Not too sure what to do with so many days in Kyoto but will like to take it slow since I have my mum with me. Have been to Kyoto multiple times on day trips during Sakura season so have covered Arashimaya, etc.

Sent from LG V10 using GAGT

Last edited:

thwysg

Reaction score
If i go to Japan in late nov will i get to see the xmas illuminations? or too early??

Generally should be able to see some (if not most) if you meant big cities like Tokyo and Osaka. Higher chance to see in Tokyo. Can check the websites of individual prefectural tourist offices on the events.

Hetheone

Reaction score
Looking at that SQ flight too and planning to spend the night at Airport hotel cos heading to Kyoto first.

Changed my itenary again so
Day 1: Kansai airport hotel (hotel 1)
Day 2: Kyoto (hotel 2)
Day 3: Kyoto
Day 4: Uji
Day 5: Kyoto
Day 6: Osaka (hotel 3)
Day 7: Osaka
Day 8-11: Tokyo (hotel 4)
Day 12: overnight trip to Kusatsu onsen (hotel 5)
Day 13: last night in Toyko (hotel 6)

Not too sure what to do with so many days in Kyoto but will like to take it slow since I have my mum with me. Have been to Kyoto multiple times on day trips during Sakura season so have covered Arashimaya, etc.

Is there a reason why need to fly in osaka ?

If u getting JR. pass, y not fly in Nagoya red eye flight, will be much cheaper in air fare.
Plus u got few option to travel to takayama, kaga onsen, Kanazawa etc... Then u don't have to spend so many days in kyoto...

Hetheone

Reaction score
Not so scenie?
I thought cherry blossoms is one of the thing why ppl visit during this period?

Sent from dala dala using GAGT

Cherry blossoms is nice to see close up in the park when they group the trees together.....
Thus city park in tokyo or kyoto or near riverbanks... They hv very nice view of cherry blossom..

Hokkaido most hillside trees are pine trees or maple trees etc...
That's y during autumn or winter, from far the view is very scenic....

laeticia

Reaction score
Is there a reason why need to fly in osaka ?

If u getting JR. pass, y not fly in Nagoya red eye flight, will be much cheaper in air fare.
Plus u got few option to travel to takayama, kaga onsen, Kanazawa etc... Then u don't have to spend so many days in kyoto...

Hmm habit I guess? Always flown into Osaka then exit via Toyko.

I want to spend some time in Kyoto instead of rushing around which is what I have done on 4 day trips spread over 3 visits. Will be a nice change not to be there during the height of sakura season but also at a loss what to do outside of sakura season lol

This trip slightly different since I am bringing my mum and she has never been to Kyoto.

Not getting the JR pass cos only taking shinkasen one way from Osaka to Tokyo.

Last edited:

Ruriel

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Hmm habit I guess? Always flown into Osaka then exit via Toyko.

I want to spend some time in Kyoto instead of rushing around which is what I have done on 4 day trips spread over 3 visits. Will be a nice change not to be there during the height of sakura season but also at a loss what to do outside of sakura season lol

This trip slightly different since I am bringing my mum and she has never been to Kyoto.

Not getting the JR pass cos only taking shinkasen one way from Osaka to Tokyo.

5 days in Kyoto for me weren't even enough last year, and I went in Dec where there's no sakura (saw two fully bloomed sakura trees in kokedera though) or koyo. There's so many things to see, temples to visit (we weren't a fan of temples, but we paid for the admission to ogle at their gardens) and all the shrine/Temple grounds are all very beautiful even though there's no fall colours.

We took it slow and easy though, we didn't rush through anything and thus next yr we are going back to Kyoto again to visit those that we've left out in our last trip (like Fushimi inari, ryoanji, etc).

melvados

Reaction score
Hi everyone, some questions here..
So while I was looking around for Ryokans (first timer here), or specifically places that have private open air bath, using selected-ryokan.com, when I tried to check for its rooms/prices, I realized that the result given, most does not catered for solo, and it requires for at least 2 adults.

Without taking into the factor of the prices or not, and say if I am travelling alone, does such ryokans usually only provides the private open air baths for a minimum of 2 people whom are staying? Are there no such rooms for a single person?

Additionally, if I manage to find one and book it, the site mentions of free shuttle service but reservation is required - what does this means? I have to call in and ask them to pick me up or something when I arrive at a certain spot?

thwysg

Reaction score
So while I was looking around for Ryokans (first timer here), or specifically places that have private open air bath, using selected-ryokan.com, when I tried to check for its rooms/prices, I realized that the result given, most does not catered for solo, and it requires for at least 2 adults.

Without taking into the factor of the prices or not, and say if I am travelling alone, does such ryokans usually only provides the private open air baths for a minimum of 2 people whom are staying? Are there no such rooms for a single person?

Additionally, if I manage to find one and book it, the site mentions of free shuttle service but reservation is required - what does this means? I have to call in and ask them to pick me up or something when I arrive at a certain spot?

Generally for those ryokan that do accommodate for single travelers, its more costly (at least 1.5 times more). Yes, it's not that common, but still possible to find one.

Yes, either write in to the email address to make seat reservation (usually a microbus) or call them directly. The home page usually would specify the pickup from the station nearest to the ryokan.

You can try to search through Japanican, Rakuten Travel, Jalan.net. They would have more selections on ryokan.

anyhowsaysay

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Some ryokan will charge you full rates for the room (2 pax rate) even if you are 1 pax staying =:p

slowchemical

Reaction score
Need some advice on where to stay in hakodate. Anyone can recommend from previous stay? Thanks in advance! Four points by Sheraton seems good but Alittle costly.

anyhowsaysay

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Need some advice on where to stay in hakodate. Anyone can recommend from previous stay? Thanks in advance! Four points by Sheraton seems good but Alittle costly.

I also staying there in Nov. I got from Agoda around $100 per night.
Deluxe Single Non smoking room. around 18 sqm.

MajiMax

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Smile Hotel Hakodate, 70 bucks total I paid for two pax.

Mobile_Crazy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
any motorbike rentals to get in tokyo area/near the airports?

the site i saw was for all those touring bikes/above 600cc bikes.

i just want something relaxing to roam ard tokyo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.