Unblock TV Discussion Thread II [consolidated]

Status
Not open for further replies.

chuanx

Reaction score
Hi can I check with experts here, how to download the Netflix app to ubox? Unable to find it in playstore. Thanks for help!

ferocity

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi can I check with experts here, how to download the Netflix app to ubox? Unable to find it in playstore. Thanks for help!

Download on your pc and sideload onto the ubox. But note that the max video resolution you would get on the netflix app would be 480p.

gregory_choo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

no point to run netflix unless it is a certified box.

for non-certified box such as ubox, it is better to run free apps such as terrariumTV, it has most netflix shows at higher resolutions.

super365

Master Member
Reaction score
In ubox if I install internet browser like chrome and go to video sites and watch videos, will the video be as smooth as like using normal pc access video site?

I read there is a thing called kodi, can kodi be installed in any android tablet/phone? Any difference of kodi in ubox vs kodi in android tablet/phone?

ferocity

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
In ubox if I install internet browser like chrome and go to video sites and watch videos, will the video be as smooth as like using normal pc access video site?

I read there is a thing called kodi, can kodi be installed in any android tablet/phone? Any difference of kodi in ubox vs kodi in android tablet/phone?

If you dont know what kodi is, then i dont think kodi is for you. Kodi is not exactly noob friendly. If you are so compelled to try it out, then its better for your ownself to go read up on what exactly it does. There are plenty of tutorials out there teaching you how to set it up.

gregory_choo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Using browser to watch video is one of the worst method. Don't use browser even if it is as smooth.

boonkang

Reaction score

Using browser to watch video is one of the worst method. Don't use browser even if it is as smooth.

May I know why using browser to watch online video is one of the worst method -- even if it's as smooth as using normal PC to access?

super365

Master Member
Reaction score
May I know why using browser to watch online video is one of the worst method -- even if it's as smooth as using normal PC to access?

I have the same question as above too. I use pc browser watch youtube seems fine.

Since ubox is meant for viewing videos, is the browser video played by ubox will be smoother than pc?

chuanx

Reaction score
Thanks Gregory and Ferocity for information. Yeah I have been using the free apps to watch all my shows and movies. Just that my friend gave me free access to netflix with his hd account so thought of downloading Netflix and have a go, didn't know ubox is an uncertified box. :)

no point to run netflix unless it is a certified box.

for non-certified box such as ubox, it is better to run free apps such as terrariumTV, it has most netflix shows at higher resolutions.

oldman1881

Reaction score

KODI is a cross-platform app which can be run on PC, Mac, Android and etc. so KODI can be installed on any Android device, but version and interface can be different as it depends on your android version, but features are almost same.

oldman1881

Reaction score
Thanks Gregory and Ferocity for information. Yeah I have been using the free apps to watch all my shows and movies. Just that my friend gave me free access to netflix with his hd account so thought of downloading Netflix and have a go, didn't know ubox is an uncertified box. :)

Played Netflix HD almost one month, work perfectly with my Panasonic TV and Samsung Tab S with 4K and 1080P, but with other boxes and handy, it shows SD only.
Regarding the TV show, the offer from UBVOD is good enough for average people.

lamfw55

Reaction score
Hi, I got the UBOX two months ago. At the time of purchase, I was told that KODI is not available as part of the installed applications in the App Market and I need to download myself. However, recently, I saw KODI icon in the App Market of UBOX. It has some video downloads available but no EXODUS. How do I get EXODUS installed into KODI?

Meanwhile, does anyone know how to download MOVIES from UVOD? There is a download function in SHOWBOX. Thank you.

ferocity

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Guys pls use some sense. Things relating to piracy like downloading of movies should not be blatantly asked or discussed.

oldman1881

Reaction score
Hi, I got the UBOX two months ago. At the time of purchase, I was told that KODI is not available as part of the installed applications in the App Market and I need to download myself. However, recently, I saw KODI icon in the App Market of UBOX. It has some video downloads available but no EXODUS. How do I get EXODUS installed into KODI?

Meanwhile, does anyone know how to download MOVIES from UVOD? There is a download function in SHOWBOX. Thank you.
check my post in this thread.

tohwk

Reaction score
Just bought the Ubox gen 3 from Shanghai. I forgot to purchase an air mouse.

Which air mouse do you recommend and where can I buy it from? Thanks.

ferocity

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just bought the Ubox gen 3 from Shanghai. I forgot to purchase an air mouse.

Which air mouse do you recommend and where can I buy it from? Thanks.

Any cheap generic airmouse will do. Better to get those running on AAA batteries than those rechargeable ones. Do a search on shopee. Can buy for as cheap as $11-12.

Last edited:

oldman1881

Reaction score
Any cheap generic airmouse will do. Better to get those running on AAA batteries than those rechargeable ones. Do a search on shopee. Can buy for as cheap as $11-12.

yeah, do not buy the air mouse with a rechargeable battery, got one two years ago and spoiled three months later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.