Going SPAIN? Ask this amdk ah beng!

683ekips

Reaction score
plane best option. Chiu check companies like air france, iberia, vueling, air europa, ryanair, easyjet...

or chiu wanna drive?? A few weeks ago moi did that trip :s22:

That sounded like an exciting drive. How many stops along the way did you do?
Were there any speed traps to be aware of in Spain and France?

What speed do you normally do when driving?

spangaporean

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
That sounded like an exciting drive. How many stops along the way did you do?
Were there any speed traps to be aware of in Spain and France?

What speed do you normally do when driving?

Yes! Moi like driving so that trip we went to Germany by car. Max speed in Spain is 120km/h, in France is 130km/h and then Germany chiu haf parts with "autobahn" with no speed limit.

From Paris to Madrid is 12/13 hours if chiu don´t stop. Quite easy road to take. The problem of France is full of toll roads! So pay and pay all the time, annoying! :s13:

Yes, speed traps chiu need to be aware. moi recomend to use waze in the smartphone to be alert with the speed traps.

luvenergy

Reaction score
Sq promo to Barcelona at $878 good deal?
How many days recommended? Is it suitable to do f&e with 2 young kids and 1 elderly?end mar good season to go?

spangaporean

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Sq promo to Barcelona at $878 good deal?
How many days recommended? Is it suitable to do f&e with 2 young kids and 1 elderly?end mar good season to go?

Yes! Good offer! Check if flight is on a A350 with no stopover....if liddat is great! SQ still good option to flight to Barcelona when you find chepo flights

For Barcelona u can stay 2/3 days but coming from so far u can plan for some nearby trips.

Free and easy is good! just plan yourself and maybe rent a car if chiu are thinking to go around cataluña area :)

Last edited:

spangaporean

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hello

Questions as follows...

AirBnB or Hotel better?

Is up to you....moi prefer Hotel when travel but chiu can evaluate all options and prices. The problem with aribnb and massive tourism is that cities haf a big problem in terms of gentrification and local peepur not vely happy....

Barcelona pictures
B_6b278cfc3144267a387be5131ea6309b.jpg

CegFaF0WAAEIblF.jpg

luvenergy

Reaction score
Thanks for ur reply?
It has a stopover at Milan.so total journey is ard 15 hrs.yes..it's A350..so still worth it?
I see Barcelona is near France.is it a good idea to travel up north to France?or I should concentrate on other parts of Spain like Madrid? Planning for a 9 days trip

Yes! Good offer! Check if flight is on a A350 with no stopover....if liddat is great! SQ still good option to flight to Barcelona when you find chepo flights

For Barcelona u can stay 2/3 days but coming from so far u can plan for some nearby trips.

Free and easy is good! just plan yourself and maybe rent a car if chiu are thinking to go around cataluña area :)

spangaporean

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks for ur reply?
It has a stopover at Milan.so total journey is ard 15 hrs.yes..it's A350..so still worth it?
I see Barcelona is near France.is it a good idea to travel up north to France?or I should concentrate on other parts of Spain like Madrid? Planning for a 9 days trip

Oh....ok then is with the "technical stop" in milan...too bad.
Well, plane type doesn´t matter but moi heard that a350 were the SQ planes that goes barcelona without stopovers so thats why told chiu that model in first place :s22:
Still good offer though...but check qatar and emirates in case

If chiu rent a car maybe u can do a "random" trip itinery like.....first barcelona, then take car and go up to gerona to see villages, towns, coast areas ...then u cross to france and see perpignan, narbone, carcassonne, beziers....

But check if itinery is tiring for the family.....

spangaporean

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Las Lilas.

Nearest to me and convinient. Reputed also.

Last time moi was close to the founders and las lilas....but they are not longer there.

did chiu know that las lilas means the lilacs.....but in slang lila is silly, easily cheated :s13:

Beta_Tester

Honorary Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Last time moi was close to the founders and las lilas....but they are not longer there.

did chiu know that las lilas means the lilacs.....but in slang lila is silly, easily cheated :s13:
I hope easy to pick up. Lol.. Going for the long run.

Owner went elsewhere to open.

70niner

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Any recommendations on dining in Madrid/ Barcelona? Like tapas, paella that kind

Budget is flexible but not the level of those Michelin restaurants

Beta_Tester

Honorary Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
yeah.. i need to practise. maybe this place will be good for sentences and all!

Erwinlow

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yes! Moi like driving so that trip we went to Germany by car. Max speed in Spain is 120km/h, in France is 130km/h and then Germany chiu haf parts with "autobahn" with no speed limit.

From Paris to Madrid is 12/13 hours if chiu don´t stop. Quite easy road to take. The problem of France is full of toll roads! So pay and pay all the time, annoying! :s13:

Yes, speed traps chiu need to be aware. moi recomend to use waze in the smartphone to be alert with the speed traps.
were there speed cameras on highway in spain? i drove from valencia - alicante - granada - malaga - gibraltar - marbella - malaga

very easy drive, no cars one for some reason in the day. exceeded the speed limit most of the time :o

and the tolls from malaga to gibraltar quite expensive sian

70miner: Cerveseria Catalana is good. Pinotxo bar in the boqueria market is good as well. la pallaresa and xurreria manuel san roman are the famous churros

Beta_Tester

Honorary Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
I like the Vichy Catalan salty water.

Anyone like the Spanish zhicha.. La Paradeta.. Haha :o

70niner

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
70miner: Cerveseria Catalana is good. Pinotxo bar in the boqueria market is good as well. la pallaresa and xurreria manuel san roman are the famous churros

Thks! Will mark these places down.

spangaporean

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
were there speed cameras on highway in spain? i drove from valencia - alicante - granada - malaga - gibraltar - marbella - malaga

very easy drive, no cars one for some reason in the day. exceeded the speed limit most of the time :o

and the tolls from malaga to gibraltar quite expensive sian

well....spain doesnt haf as many as other countries in europe but we haf at least 1800 radars and gahmen got 165 million euros in traffic fines.

yes, easy drive....our roads vely good so is not a problem renting car here

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.