The Hair Thread - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

evildrug

Reaction score
Bro, just buy Morris Motley. I will never try any other brands after using it. It stands on top of the pile. The other brands no matter the price are just miles apart in terms of consistency, scent, application, washability and holding power. To me, i give 10/10.

Thanks to all the bros here that recommended me Morris Motley. Its truly the best in the market.

Heartyman

Reaction score
Bro, just buy Morris Motley. I will never try any other brands after using it. It stands on top of the pile. The other brands no matter the price are just miles apart in terms of consistency, scent, application, washability and holding power. To me, i give 10/10.

Thanks to all the bros here that recommended me Morris Motley. Its truly the best in the market.

Yes Morris Motley is one of the best in the market. However its price is kind of expensive. But then I realise my perfume last about the same time as my hair styling product and my perfume cost $80. Why cant I spend more on my own hair? Afterall hair is very important to a guy.

nichsong

Reaction score
Anyone tried the new Original by Blumaan with the rhino packaging yet? I did get a jar of smooth (same formula diff packaging) but from what I rmb it didn't really perform that well. Didn't manage to test it thoroughly tho.. Used maybe only 3 times or so.

SoggyBear

Master Member
Reaction score
Anyone tried the new Original by Blumaan with the rhino packaging yet? I did get a jar of smooth (same formula diff packaging) but from what I rmb it didn't really perform that well. Didn't manage to test it thoroughly tho.. Used maybe only 3 times or so.

i see blumaan i skip liao :p

nichsong

Reaction score
i see blumaan i skip liao :p

Ya lo tbh it never worked well.. But sometimes my hands get itchy and I start browsing for products and think what to buy. In all honesty, about 70-80% of the USA / EUR made products I've tried don't work ideally for our hair type / climate. The only ones I fully rate are:

By Vilain Dynamite Clay
Morris Motley Balm

Wah only 2 sia. Abit sad hahaha. Even for Morris, it can soften in your hair under intense heat.. But once you step into aircon / cooler environment it will harden back up.

I haven't tried Baxter of Cali Clay Pomade in a long time, but rmb it to work very well. Only thing hard to wash off and I'm quite particular about this as I like all product out of my hair with one shampoo. Other than that it has been rated highly by many bros here in the thread too.

Another notable mention is Carter Supply Flux. The formula is very lightweight + supposedly contain ingredients that help maintain the moisture levels in the hair, so high humidity levels don't affect it that much. Like Dynamite Clay and Baxter Clay, it contains some petrolatum which is present in oil based products.. so that could be a reason why they are more resilient.

Speaking about ingredients..made me think about why many homebrew products don't often work well with our hair and climate. They tend to contain alot of oils: Grapeseed, jojoba etc which weigh down our straight, limp hair type. Not to say that all homebrew formulas are heavy tho.

Igene

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yes Morris Motley is one of the best in the market. However its price is kind of expensive. But then I realise my perfume last about the same time as my hair styling product and my perfume cost $80. Why cant I spend more on my own hair? Afterall hair is very important to a guy.

Not sure if it's suitable for very thick hair. Thick as in very high volume, plus every string is bigger in diameter. :o Ya... I had to use gel pomade to properly hold it. Even so when the hair is shorter, it's very difficult to hold them properly.

Heartyman

Reaction score
Not sure if it's suitable for very thick hair. Thick as in very high volume, plus every string is bigger in diameter. :o Ya... I had to use gel pomade to properly hold it. Even so when the hair is shorter, it's very difficult to hold them properly.

Maybe its your styling technique. Or you may just need to apply more. :s13:

Iniesta08

Reaction score
DC didn't work well for me. Not strong enough to hold my hair. It can't even go into shape while styling. I felt that silver fox and gold digger were better.

I've been using O'douds water based (old packaging), Red House private reserve and mm treatment balm.

These 3 work quite well for my hair.

nichsong

Reaction score
DC didn't work well for me. Not strong enough to hold my hair. It can't even go into shape while styling. I felt that silver fox and gold digger were better.

I've been using O'douds water based (old packaging), Red House private reserve and mm treatment balm.

These 3 work quite well for my hair.

Really? Alot of bros here find gold digger and silver fox too heavy for our hair, and instead dynamite clay works best. U mentioned homebrewed UWB stuff works well for u too which I personally feel is quite the opposite for most Asian hair types Haha. U must have pretty thick hair? How do u usually style it. Volumised or slicked?

Sent from Samsung SM-N920I using GAGT

Iniesta08

Reaction score
Really? Alot of bros here find gold digger and silver fox too heavy for our hair, and instead dynamite clay works best. U mentioned homebrewed UWB stuff works well for u too which I personally feel is quite the opposite for most Asian hair types Haha. U must have pretty thick hair? How do u usually style it. Volumised or slicked?

For GD and SF yea they are heavy and I needed to use hair spray.

DC for me was like something with no hold. Can't tame my hair.

Probably my hair is stubborn. I'm not sure why.

Odouds water based and red house private reserve don't feel heavy. Especially for red house which is stronger. It can stay for quite long. For MM and odouds, I have to restyle at times.

I style my hair volumised.

nichsong

Reaction score
For GD and SF yea they are heavy and I needed to use hair spray.

DC for me was like something with no hold. Can't tame my hair.

Probably my hair is stubborn. I'm not sure why.

Odouds water based and red house private reserve don't feel heavy. Especially for red house which is stronger. It can stay for quite long. For MM and odouds, I have to restyle at times.

I style my hair volumised.

Cool thanks for sharing bro. Haha did notice it quite some time ago, but really seeing the difference now after experiencing it more myself. Like what GX bro said, we actually need products that fixate our hair in order for it to stay the whole day. Alot of Asian hair products do this, topped with hairspray, works damn well.

It's cos we are continously exposed to USA / EUR brands on YouTube and social media hence we tend to pay attention to these hair products. But majority of them tend not to work as ideally.

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
ai seh, everyone is sharing! good good.

for me, i love my uevo grey for my hair length now. cut shorter already

DC works when i have shorter hair. longer hair i think MM or GD works fine with me

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Cool thanks for sharing bro. Haha did notice it quite some time ago, but really seeing the difference now after experiencing it more myself. Like what GX bro said, we actually need products that fixate our hair in order for it to stay the whole day. Alot of Asian hair products do this, topped with hairspray, works damn well.

It's cos we are continously exposed to USA / EUR brands on YouTube and social media hence we tend to pay attention to these hair products. But majority of them tend not to work as ideally.

to be honest, i will skip the hairspray entirely.

i think MM works if you have long hair + that natural look.

if you want to have your hair stuck in place all the time, some hair wax that fixates will be good.

eg uevo, carter supply flux etc

SoggyBear

Master Member
Reaction score
Walked passed this indian barbershop, romeo hair studio, this morning and decided to try.

I saw $10 for normal haircut so ok loh i try. Sit down told him I want undercut, then he told me if got undercut the haircut cost $15. I just agreed since i sit down liao. Before I leave the barbershop I check the pricing again, 'normal' haircut $10 but 'gentleman' haircut $15 :s13::s13::s13:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.