The Hair Thread - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

nichsong

Reaction score
Walked passed this indian barbershop, romeo hair studio, this morning and decided to try.

I saw $10 for normal haircut so ok loh i try. Sit down told him I want undercut, then he told me if got undercut the haircut cost $15. I just agreed since i sit down liao. Before I leave the barbershop I check the pricing again, 'normal' haircut $10 but 'gentleman' haircut $15 :s13::s13::s13:

Yeah honestly I don't like it when the lines are blurred like that. What is a "normal" haircut? If u ask me, anything with a fade falls under "gentleman" haircut since that's the trend now. They should be more specific.

Sent from Samsung SM-N920I using GAGT

Trans-Am

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi Bros,

I'm looking for a product which has a good holding power, a little bit of shine and also easy to wash off.

Previously used product from gatsby and 1 of the brand that i bought at the saloon.

Quit using gatsby as the more i style my hair, more hair stuck on my finger/plam.

TIA :D:s12:

djoker

Reaction score
Hi Bros,

I'm looking for a product which has a good holding power, a little bit of shine and also easy to wash off.

Previously used product from gatsby and 1 of the brand that i bought at the saloon.

Quit using gatsby as the more i style my hair, more hair stuck on my finger/plam.

You can try cool grease xx hard. Has shine, does not harden up like usual gel pomades so restyling is no issue and its very easy to wash off. I last saw it sold at tokyu hands at westgate. My go-to if i want to wash off easily at the end of the day. Just running through water will wash it off.

nez

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Brilliant, I feel Asian hair products are underrated. Many of them tend to work better for our hair type / climate!

Yeah. Both DC & MM are good but I find Bold Make Clay very unique as it gives a firm yet soft natural hold. Much lighter as well. Hair feels like it was permed. But must prestyle with OS fasion sea spray for best results. Sidekick goes well with DC & MM but not with Bold Make Clay

Last edited:

Heartyman

Reaction score
Hi Bros,

Morris Motley definitely the best in the market bro. Dont waste your $$ on trying other brands. I believe many bros here can vouch for Morris Motley. If you want a nice shine and doesnt look greasy. Morris Motley Chrome is the best option. It even fights off grease to keep your hair fresh even after a long day's work.

Personally this are the ones I rate highly:
Morris Motley
Baxter of California
V76 by Vaughn

Last edited:

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi Bros,

uevo grey = dry matte but may have some natural shine.

uevo green = shiny wax, maybe too much.

both awesome holding power and easy to wash off

evildrug

Reaction score
Went to qoo10 to buy Morris Motley Treatment Styling Balm. But both sellers there are out of stock for it and they say they are unable to get more stocks.
Where can i buy other than carousell?

Heartyman

Reaction score
Everytime I see pomade stores that gives 30-40% discounts on certain brands. I would say these are the brands I will not even use for my hair. You know the quality of these products by how cheap it is. The ingredients used etc. If a product is good, it will never use discounts to lure customers.

Brands like Baxter, Daimon, Balmain Paris, Truefitt&Hill, V76byvaughn, Kevin Murphy, Morris Motley, Patricks will never have these discounts. They dont use discounts to lure customers. They use product quality to gain customers and retain existing ones.

Kahlua73

Reaction score
These are the WORST hair styling brands in the market. Worse than Gatsby. Check HSA and most of these are sourced in China thru Alibaba.com. Cost price 30cents. These are the brands that will never be used by reputable professional hair stylists in high end salons.

1. Apestomen
2. Rugged Supply
3. KO (Knock out)
4. Madrat
5. Ubersuave
6. Manigto
7. Mat Jambol
8. Getzgy
9. Refined Supply
10. We need a hero (Hero Pomade)

Feel free to add if I miss out anything.

SO you say they are the worst and simply list them out. Did u try them ? 30cts ? Seriously ? Maybe u can show use where to find 30cts wax before anyhow bang bang bang.

Never be used by professional stylists ? Are you for real ? Salons buy in big economy sized products too and are you saying all from anywhere but China ?

Wow, dunno what it is with peeps nowadays who generalise and not support local brands. Many big brands are also made in China. So, just cos the brand is from USA, u silence yourself out ?

Kahlua73

Reaction score
Everytime I see pomade stores that gives 30-40% discounts on certain brands. I would say these are the brands I will not even use for my hair. You know the quality of these products by how cheap it is. The ingredients used etc. If a product is good, it will never use discounts to lure customers.

Brands like Baxter, Daimon, Balmain Paris, Truefitt&Hill, V76byvaughn, Kevin Murphy, Morris Motley, Patricks will never have these discounts. They dont use discounts to lure customers. They use product quality to gain customers and retain existing ones.

It's funny. These brand names run promos and give out discounts online too. So these do not count ?

Nothing wrong with discounts. Giving discounts for special events do not mean the brand is bad.

So big brands give special discounts during sales online or special occasions like Black Friday. So why are you not slamming them then but targetting local ?

Everyone is making a living. If you do not like the brand, u can choose not to use it.

Kahlua73

Reaction score
I simply do not understand some peeps who slam for the sake of slamming .

If you are not happy with China made products, then make sure you read the labels of your fav food stuff that u eat, the shampoo you use , the clothes that you wear etc.

Simply blanket them all out and not use them. Stay atas and really go for other countries.

And for all we know, so long as the production is 10% made in that country, we can label them from that country. Go figure.

Heartyman

Reaction score
SO you say they are the worst and simply list them out. Did u try them ? 30cts ? Seriously ? Maybe u can show use where to find 30cts wax before anyhow bang bang bang.

Never be used by professional stylists ? Are you for real ? Salons buy in big economy sized products too and are you saying all from anywhere but China ?

Wow, dunno what it is with peeps nowadays who generalise and not support local brands. Many big brands are also made in China. So, just cos the brand is from USA, u silence yourself out ?

go alibaba.com :)

Do i need to spoon feed?

And these brands ubersauve, refined supply, apestomen are indeed made in bulk from china. Go see HSA please. Cost price? go alibaba.com choose any manufacturer there.

Last edited:

Heartyman

Reaction score
It's funny. These brand names run promos and give out discounts online too. So these do not count ?

Nothing wrong with discounts. Giving discounts for special events do not mean the brand is bad.

So big brands give special discounts during sales online or special occasions like Black Friday. So why are you not slamming them then but targetting local ?

Everyone is making a living. If you do not like the brand, u can choose not to use it.

Please show me proof that these quality brands give discounts. Would love Truefitt, v76, Morris Motley give discounts!! But i really dont see that happening. Quality products always uses quality to lure customers. Not by using discounts :)

Heartyman

Reaction score
I simply do not understand some peeps who slam for the sake of slamming .

If you are not happy with China made products, then make sure you read the labels of your fav food stuff that u eat, the shampoo you use , the clothes that you wear etc.

Simply blanket them all out and not use them. Stay atas and really go for other countries.

And for all we know, so long as the production is 10% made in that country, we can label them from that country. Go figure.

lol. go see your own posts in the past. You also bash local brands like refined by Original Fook. what a hyprocrite.

eenick

Reaction score
Hi guys
I've been reading this thread for awhile now and I'm starting to think that I should care for my hair by using conditioner.
Does anyone know if American Crew Conditioner is good for asian hair? I've got normal hair that isn't too oily. And I've been using Suavecito pomades. Been using Apestomen recently as well.

Thanks for any advice :)

Trans-Am

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
You can try cool grease xx hard. Has shine, does not harden up like usual gel pomades so restyling is no issue and its very easy to wash off. I last saw it sold at tokyu hands at westgate. My go-to if i want to wash off easily at the end of the day. Just running through water will wash it off.
Just tried that product.

To me a bit too much shine, anw thanks for the recommendation.

Sent from ┬──┬ ノ( ゜-゜ノ) 
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻ using GAGT

Trans-Am

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Morris Motley definitely the best in the market bro. Dont waste your $$ on trying other brands. I believe many bros here can vouch for Morris Motley. If you want a nice shine and doesnt look greasy. Morris Motley Chrome is the best option. It even fights off grease to keep your hair fresh even after a long day's work.

Personally this are the ones I rate highly:
Morris Motley
Baxter of California
V76 by Vaughn
Is Morris Motley easy to wash off?

Sent from ┬──┬ ノ( ゜-゜ノ) 
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻ using GAGT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.