The Hair Thread - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
you can read my previous post for the experience on both :)
Dont wanna repeat my share experience cause there are people who assume that certain users here are 'paid reviews' and i don't want to insult them who worship the holy grail MM here.
See? respect guys. All love. haha.

Lol. Since when got paid review for mm?
I sure won't give free. Bloody hell the cost so high Hahaha
Usually is ppl buy and legit say it's good.
No good for you say no good.
There's no one product fits all although all products tries to be one or aspire to be one.

hwarong

Reaction score
Lol. Since when got paid review for mm?
I sure won't give free. Bloody hell the cost so high Hahaha
Usually is ppl buy and legit say it's good.
No good for you say no good.
There's no one product fits all although all products tries to be one or aspire to be one.

You know i'm referring to who right? Hahs.
MM is a really respectable product. That i truly agree. I have one and definitely no issues with it. I did not mention that its suck and bad, etc. Just not my go-to use. Thats all.

spppamm

Reaction score
I have found two ways to deal with the silly weather in singapore.

The first is to use a spray. The osis one is pretty reliable though it does add a bit of shine.

The other is to bring the MM with you and restyle when the wind goes away.

Those two methods have worked pretty well for me so far.

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score

nichsong

Reaction score
I have found two ways to deal with the silly weather in singapore.

The first is to use a spray. The osis one is pretty reliable though it does add a bit of shine.

The other is to bring the MM with you and restyle when the wind goes away.

Those two methods have worked pretty well for me so far.

it depends which direction the wind blows but that should be the least of your concerns as you cannot control that.
just restyle, that's the power of mm.

restyle and it will stay after.

Yes, using a hairspray is effective in fixating our style and at the same time, combating humidity in our climate.

The reason why I also find Morris to work well for us is because of the unique clays being used in the product - which has grease fighting properties, preventing our hair from being weighed down by moisture, sweat and grease etc through the day. All that gunk contributes to overall weight esp at the end of the day, which causes our hair to flop.

In my opinion, I find that Morris is best used without a hairspray, as u get full restyling benefits along with a more natural look. Unless you want to really lock and freeze the style in place, then go for a few blasts of hairspray if you'd like.

Last edited:

Fizzable

Reaction score
hey guys just got my hand laid on to mm from gx bro, how would yall recommend to use it? post style, prestyle, or both?

wacks_505

Reaction score
Dear all,

Seems like Carter products can order on Hairppening. (edit: NOT part of the company or promoting, just happen to see in my email inbox lol)

May I ask what seems to be the diff between Fortify and Flux? The description sound the same leh.

Which one got stronger hold?

And how does this compare to our gold standard MM?

Last edited:

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Dear all,

Seems like Carter products can order on Hairppening. (edit: NOT part of the company or promoting, just happen to see in my email inbox lol)

May I ask what seems to be the diff between Fortify and Flux? The description sound the same leh.

if i rmb flux stronger.

i still feel mm wins

nichsong

Reaction score
Dear all,

HAHA I like how now everyone is having to disclaim that they are not biased reviewers / pple trying to promote their brand :s13:

Between Fortify and Flux; abit hard to answer as me and many of the other bros (I believe) have not tried Fortify yet. But based on the description on the company's website, it seems that it has a higher hold than flux.

As of now I can only compare Flux to MM. Flux overall, has a slightly softer hold with a tad more shine than MM. But it isn't a wet shine, it's a very natural, healthy look. MM provides more of a rigid structure, and is more matte in the hair.

I personally think Flux is worth a go. MM would still be my everyday go to, but Flux is a product you could definitely rotate it with,as it performs great in our weather the last I tried it. (Not many products can do this). Very decent strength to weight ratio.. And hair feels great and healthy even after washing it out.

Will review Fortify when I get the chance to try it out :)

And alamak I thought bro GX was gonna be the pioneer retailer for Carter Supply! Haha

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
HAHA I like how now everyone is having to disclaim that they are not biased reviewers / pple trying to promote their brand :s13:

Between Fortify and Flux; abit hard to answer as me and many of the other bros (I believe) have not tried Fortify yet. But based on the description on the company's website, it seems that it has a higher hold than flux.

As of now I can only compare Flux to MM. Flux overall, has a slightly softer hold with a tad more shine than MM. But it isn't a wet shine, it's a very natural, healthy look. MM provides more of a rigid structure, and is more matte in the hair.

I personally think Flux is worth a go. MM would still be my everyday go to, but Flux is a product you could definitely rotate it with,as it performs great in our weather the last I tried it. (Not many products can do this). Very decent strength to weight ratio.. And hair feels great and healthy even after washing it out.

Will review Fortify when I get the chance to try it out :)

And alamak I thought bro GX was gonna be the pioneer retailer for Carter Supply! Haha

nah it's ok man. haha i am taking it slowly. retailer for carter supply is quite easy.
gotta build the brand for MM first, step by step.

Fizzable

Reaction score
any shampoo for recommendation? currently using OGX because sulphate and paraben free but after shampooing always feel like still have product in my hair, even mm(maybe my brain sot also idk LOL)

Edit: realised the **** which cant get out of my hair is blumaan's smooth.. any prestyling alternatives (extreme lightweight volume boost and hold bc of my thin hair) or strong shampoos which are paraben and sulfate free?

Last edited:

Handsomebaby

Reaction score
Dear all,

Surprise Surprise.. Carter Products high chance not made in USA

panjiva.com/Carter-Supply-Co/37363877

809 kg shipment from Guangzhou, Kingzunrong Cosmetic Co.,Ltd

you may think they are a bottling company, but guess what they do OEM

zunrong.en.alibaba.com

nez

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Surprise Surprise.. Carter Products high chance not made in USA

panjiva.com/Carter-Supply-Co/37363877

809 kg shipment from Guangzhou, Kingzunrong Cosmetic Co.,Ltd

you may think they are a bottling company, but guess what they do OEM

zunrong.en.alibaba.com

hmmmmmmm....virgin post

just saying

wacks_505

Reaction score
yah the Carter Fortify website says its the strongest hold so maybe its abit stronger than Flux or MM.

Looks like must wait for some brave soul to try first :p meanwhile will finish up my MM.

Yah very dangerous must disclaimer first that I do not represent any corporate entity lol.

Handsomebaby

Reaction score
hmmmmmmm....virgin post

just saying

Facts are facts. Carter Supply is Made in China, founder doesn't even dare to reveal own name in website and when approaching for resellers. Anyway yes, I wish to conceal my identity LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.