Unblock TV Discussion Thread II [consolidated]

Status
Not open for further replies.

kaon

Reaction score
UBTV Channel reference listing? [Gen3-BT, aka S900 ProBT]

Is there a more useful guide to the UBTV channels list?

For example, if I am looking for WWE (wrestling), I go to the SPORTS category, and I see that none of the channel names include "WWE"? So how do I find it? Trying one by one is too slow, since channel switching takes like 3-5 seconds.

Is there a mosaic view?

Or just a reference webpage with more info about each channel?

And in UBTV, if I press right-arrow thru all the categories, I see the last one is "INDIA", and then the next category seems to ask for a PASSWORD. What is this? And what is the password? What are all the default passwords that I should try?

stryke

Reaction score
Hi, just the the gen 3.

I must say that the resolution is not really fantastic but it will do.

Just to check, any Apps to download to watch TW dramas or Korean dramas (with Chinese soundtrack)? It's for my MIL to watch as she can't read Chinese subtitles.

ferocity

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Is there a more useful guide to the UBTV channels list?

For example, if I am looking for WWE (wrestling), I go to the SPORTS category, and I see that none of the channel names include "WWE"? So how do I find it? Trying one by one is too slow, since channel switching takes like 3-5 seconds.

Is there a mosaic view?

Or just a reference webpage with more info about each channel?

And in UBTV, if I press right-arrow thru all the categories, I see the last one is "INDIA", and then the next category seems to ask for a PASSWORD. What is this? And what is the password? What are all the default passwords that I should try?

There is no way to change how the ubtv interface looks. In fact, most of the other china based free or premium iptv interface looks just about the same. All you get are just channel names sorted into various sub categories. For that matter, there is no WWE content currently on the ubtv channels. You can dl and sideload an apk called solid streamz. There is wwe network channel in this apk.

Last edited:

stryke

Reaction score
is there a recommended vpn to use with this box? Do we do the settings in the internet settings under android or can just download the vpn app from google play store?

Sorry I am new to iptv and android.

260Wolskel

Reaction score
I did a factory reset for my UB Gen 2. After the reset, when I launch UBTV. All I get is a "Bing" browser. Does anyone encounter this and how to resolve it? Thanks!

ferocity

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I did a factory reset for my UB Gen 2. After the reset, when I launch UBTV. All I get is a "Bing" browser. Does anyone encounter this and how to resolve it? Thanks!

You will need to contact unblock and tell them the problem. They will ask for your box's mac id. Quite troublesome to contact them now since their fb page got deleted. You will either need to wechat them or use the live chat function on their website. Needless to say, its best if you can communicate with them in chinese.

260Wolskel

Reaction score
You will need to contact unblock and tell them the problem. They will ask for your box's mac id. Quite troublesome to contact them now since their fb page got deleted. You will either need to wechat them or use the live chat function on their website. Needless to say, its best if you can communicate with them in chinese.

Thanks ferocity! I think I will just abandon the set then. I bought a Gen 3 and thought of doing a factory reset for the Gen 2 and give it to a friend. So it looks like we should never do a factory reset :(

Jackygogogo

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Not advisable to factory reset cos the default apps might not work without configuration if reset to default?
I have another diff android box brand after reset kodi cannot work w/o config. In the end went down to the shop, even the sale rather give me a new box then go config it from scratch.

Last edited:

Oyabun

Banned
Reaction score
Gen 3 black is actually gen 2 plus with firmware upgrade. Already warn dont mess with the box such as factory reset. This unblock is base on mac id address to get authorization to access the server. Anyway qoo10 got offer again. Just get the $20 coupon and $10 qpoints make it at $99 now for gen 3 BT.

Sent from CLINIC B SAYANG WARD using GAGT

lorettatay

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

ferocity

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Dont be daft. Factory resetting is not messing with the box. The option to factory reset exists in every and any android based device. Normally its harmless to do so and unblock themselves even recommend it as a solution when fixing some problems encountered on the box. The issue here is in certain instances, factory restting the ubox would sometimes cause the mac id of the box to not be recognized. Problem is with unblock, not with user but unfortunately you have to contact unblock to get them to "reinstate" the mac id. While i agree its best not to meddle with the box unnecessarily, i have factory resetted my box a few times and its still working fine.

stryke

Reaction score
Good day.

Anyone knows if the ubox gen 3 actually passes through dts or Dolby surround 5.1 signals? I had the impression that it does.

But when I play 5.1 movies from my NAS, the input signal is only PCM.

Advise appreciated. Many thanks

BlackCube

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
can check that the channels that comes with this gen3 white one.

does it have TW channels? hokkien channels? national geographic, history channel that kind. mainly my dad wants, but if all these comes with the box, then i dont have to manually search and install.

thanks

ferocity

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
can check that the channels that comes with this gen3 white one.

does it have TW channels? hokkien channels? national geographic, history channel that kind. mainly my dad wants, but if all these comes with the box, then i dont have to manually search and install.

thanks

Go youtube search for channel list demo videos. But yes, they have the ones you listed since most of the source are from taiwanese cable.

ferocity

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
thanks, will do.

is this the best price and listing for now?

http://list.qoo10.sg/item/UNBLOCK-T...-TECH-TV-BOX-UBOX-BLUETOOTH-VERSION/474497883

i think white is better than black. any qoo discount code?

White is better than black in terms of hardware. Software wise everything is the same. Get the black one if your main priority is for their livetv app and dont use the box for anything else. Qoo10 dont go by code but uses coupon system instead. Wait for the next 20 off 100 coupon event and grab that to save $20.

BlackCube

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
White is better than black in terms of hardware. Software wise everything is the same. Get the black one if your main priority is for their livetv app and dont use the box for anything else. Qoo10 dont go by code but uses coupon system instead. Wait for the next 20 off 100 coupon event and grab that to save $20.

yeah, i meant coupon.

not really for the livetv app i think. more for those tw/hokkien shows..
thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.