Unblock TV Discussion Thread II [consolidated]

Status
Not open for further replies.

super365

Master Member
Reaction score
How to listen to FM radio stations?

The ubox is there a connector hole to connect a cable to the wall FM connector hole?

If listen radio, must on TV then sound come out from TV correct, or is there a way to direct connect ubox to speakers?

Thanks

260Wolskel

Reaction score
How to listen to FM radio stations?

The ubox is there a connector hole to connect a cable to the wall FM connector hole?

If listen radio, must on TV then sound come out from TV correct, or is there a way to direct connect ubox to speakers?

Thanks

I don't think there is FM radio feature in UB and there is no FM antenna socket too. You can still listen to FM radio via a variety of method, mainly Internet radio. I have not tried but I believe you can install MeRadio or TuneIn app into UB. Or using Kodi, the sg!Radio ( this one, I have tried ).

Last edited:

super365

Master Member
Reaction score
When was Gen 3 first launched?

What is the difference of Gen 3 vs Gen 3 Upgrade Version?

super365

Master Member
Reaction score
I don't think there is FM radio feature in UB and there is no FM antenna socket too. You can still listen to FM radio via a variety of method, mainly Internet radio. I have not tried but I believe you can install MeRadio or TuneIn app into UB. Or using Kodi, the sg!Radio ( this one, I have tried ).

sg!Radio is it smooth like listen to real radio?

wongkc

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Will it lag if stream on wifi? currently on fibre 200M

Is the interface easy to use? Intend to get one for my mum to watch HK drama

kyweng

Reaction score
Hi, any feedback or comments from you as to how stable or good the channels streaming are during EPL live matches?

I'm considering Ubox, and being able to watch EPL live matches is an important factor.

Thanks in advance!

super365

Master Member
Reaction score
Is there a reliable seller that already install all popular apps needed like Kodi and other stuff. I mean I read reviews it seems like some sellers ask buyers to go and install yourself. I do not want to waste time to install because I need to waste time figuring how to do it and it may not work if I am unlucky and waste more time.

super365

Master Member
Reaction score
Analog signal will be switched off this year end, after that can I use ubox to watch SG free channels like Channel 8, 5, U, without installing a digital tv box and antenna?

If lets say unblock company is closed down one day, I still can use the box like an android to surf net (browser/chrome app) and install new apps correct?

Is any signal/tracker sent back to unblock company, if lets say you access internet banking/email using app or browser inside unblock, will unblock know what you doing, will they know what password you type?

ferocity

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Is there a reliable seller that already install all popular apps needed like Kodi and other stuff. I mean I read reviews it seems like some sellers ask buyers to go and install yourself. I do not want to waste time to install because I need to waste time figuring how to do it and it may not work if I am unlucky and waste more time.

TV boxes are not for you if you cant even bother to "waste time" figuring out how to install the apps. Ubox is literally one of the most idiot proof boxes out there. Installing apps is as simple as going through these steps.
1. Turn on the box.
2. Finish the setup wizard if this is your 1st run.
3. Click on ubmarket icon and install it.
4. Go into ubmarket and install whatever apps you want.

See. Dont even require you to download or sideload anything.

BTW, do you know what is kodi or not? I find a total disconnect when you mention kodi but you dont want to waste time figuring how it works. Kodi is one of the more complex apps out there which requires regular updating and maintenance.

testerjp

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I did a factory reset for my UB Gen 2. After the reset, when I launch UBTV. All I get is a "Bing" browser. Does anyone encounter this and how to resolve it? Thanks!
I was one of the first few fellows to use UB and highly advertised this back then. I bought my box from UB directly in China, sent to SG.
One day the Bing browser thing suddenly appeared and i contacted the seller.

The seller told me that the only solution is to send it back to them in China and they send back. Of course, where got worth it and it's not even my fault. I wonder for those who bought from SG, the local vendors in Singapore can really solve or not.

Anyway I been using the gen 2 UB box to run Deke ever since.
Deke's resolution is definitely better cause it's using Maige's architecture of using CDN.

I went to UB's website and they also claim that they are using CDN now.
I wonder is their resolution as good as Deke/Maige.

People with the UB box can go for the Deke app ask for trial and compare.

testerjp

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Learn la bro, Kodi will go on and off sometimes, and you will need to find the solution yourself :o

testerjp

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
yeah, i meant coupon.

not really for the livetv app i think. more for those tw/hokkien shows..
thanks
Those hokkien channels should have a few but got one channel that has all the hot drama, i remember both Deka and UB don't have.

For hokkien drama, the best is still from youtube, good steaming speed and clear enough.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCiMiEL1XRXANaypB2wEdr5w

The pita for android box is they don't run very well for youtube app.
Cannot easily add to library, bookmark and such.

Last edited:

super365

Master Member
Reaction score
I only read forums and see some demo videos, every time see people ask install kodi, so I assume some helpful sellers will have it installed already.

I do know how to use android phones and install apps so I guess it will be similar. I mean I prefer plug and play kind... so from my research I have decided to avoid mi box because this mi box have more people have questions than other box in the forums.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.