Air conditioning - Any recommendations please?? - Part 2

terumo

Reaction score
Reasonable quote.

Hi peeps.. I was quoted 4.6k for mitsubishi system 4 by gain city.
MXY4A28VA x 1
MSYGE10VA x 3
MSYGE26VA x 1
All with upgraded materials,stainless steel bracket, 2 trips and extended warranty 5 years with disposal of old aircon. Is the price ok?

alfenneo

Reaction score
Wondering should I get Panasonic 4 ticks or MHI 4 ticks Aircon??

All Best quoted me. System 2 with upgraded materials
Panasonic $2400
MHI $2099

kimsix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Got mine replaced by Fortuna. Good experience from sales to install and payment. No hard selling, upgraded materials clearly stated, all done by a week, punctual and no rushing to finish install. Prices are inline and can use CC pay. Too bad they only sell Daikin and they brazed a pipe with open flame though.

logitech123

Master Member
Reaction score
MXY4A28VA x 1
MSYGE10VA x 3
MSYGE26VA x 1
All with upgraded materials,stainless steel bracket, 2 trips and extended warranty 5 years with disposal of old aircon. Is the price ok?

your A28VA confirm not powerful enough even if you on 3 10VA in the bedroom
this is my quote from tim wong for my 4rm bto

4A38VA x 1
GE10VA x 3
GE18VA x 1
ARMAFLEX class "o" half inch, keystone control cable
2 trip installation.
5yrs warranty on compressor
gaincity give you what brand of insulator?

Kino Onik

Reaction score
your A28VA confirm not powerful enough even if you on 3 10VA in the bedroom
this is my quote from tim wong for my 4rm bto

4A38VA x 1
GE10VA x 3
GE18VA x 1
ARMAFLEX class "o" half inch, keystone control cable
2 trip installation.
5yrs warranty on compressor
gaincity give you what brand of insulator?

My usage will only be one bedroom and living room. The other 2 bedroom as guest rooms. Insulator given is armaflex.

adezio777

Reaction score
MXY4A28VA x 1
MSYGE10VA x 3
MSYGE26VA x 1

Why so expensive?
Mine one MXY4A38VA compressor and system 4 at most $5100/- installs a yr ago. All materials upgrade some more.
Buy 38VA better, cos it's the only model made and assembled in Japan. Other ME model assembly in Thai I think.

xiangzeng

Reaction score
Why so expensive?
Mine one MXY4A38VA compressor and system 4 at most $5100/- installs a yr ago. All materials upgrade some more.
Buy 38VA better, cos it's the only model made and assembled in Japan. Other ME model assembly in Thai I think.
All the products are now made in Thailand. Cannot be one model in Japan and another model in Korea and another in Thailand. So long there is QC quality control, no worries. Think of mobile phones made in China for Samsung, Apple - are they anyhow made?

jamesDv

Reaction score
qn about DIY aircon cleaner

Curious to check with bro's here. I came across Q10 selling a DIY Aircon cleaner under the brand name Jackie... did some search on hardwarezone and see that got some reviews. sorry to hijack but anyone got use before? any opinions?

Thanks

Kino Onik

Reaction score
Why so expensive?

Hi bro

That was the price quoted to me by gain city. That is the reason why I seek the forumers opinion. Btw did u had urs installed by GC as well?

Last edited:

chanel26

Reaction score

ksapple

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone gt review on panasonic cu ps18skz??

Cant seem to find any info online but just nw browsing thru a brochure saw that bother tho

Anyway my id contractor quote me a total of 3k

For repiping and servicing my existing sys4 and installation of the new sys1 as i mention.

Is it to ex since i only gt 2 contractor, 1 him the other the famous renotalk guy

Last edited:

cis2910

Reaction score
Curious to check with bro's here. I came across Q10 selling a DIY Aircon cleaner under the brand name Jackie... did some search on hardwarezone and see that got some reviews. sorry to hijack but anyone got use before? any opinions?

Thanks

I used "Jackie" a few times to DIY my aircon, quite effective result as can see the dirts came out from the aircon water pipe after 10mins, by using the pressure sprayer to spray at the coil fins. After the whole process, the coil fins look clean too.

But of course, this cannot compare with professional chemical wash as those chemical are stronger and thus, much more effective for serious dirty aircon's coil.

Last edited:

TwentyOneDegrees

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, i just got my new aircon replaced yesterday.

Mitsubishi system 3 (2 ticks) at $3500. It's super quiet as compared to my previous Daikin model. Cools up within 5 mins at 25 degree, probably new ba.

My first time handling this, zero knowledge of AC. I have a few questions here :

1. The aircon ppl didnt replace my PVC cover leh, they just re-use it. Open, change gas pipe and seal back.

2. They didn't change my water pipes. They only change my gas pipes cos previously leaking bad.

By right is like this?

Lampard

Reaction score
Any big difference in electricity bill when choosing 2tick vs 5tick ? Going to install for system 3.

logitech123

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, i just got my new aircon replaced yesterday.

Mitsubishi system 3 (2 ticks) at $3500. It's super quiet as compared to my previous Daikin model. Cools up within 5 mins at 25 degree, probably new ba.

My first time handling this, zero knowledge of AC. I have a few questions here :

1. The aircon ppl didnt replace my PVC cover leh, they just re-use it. Open, change gas pipe and seal back.

2. They didn't change my water pipes. They only change my gas pipes cos previously leaking bad.

By right is like this?

they cut cost by reusing your old insulator. actually nothing wrong if is a good quality

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.