Ask me any questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

ash like snow

Master Member
Reaction score
My last destination for the trip is hakodate to Singapore, and I realised there's no direct flight even for ANA or JAL.

Any cheaper options (airline) to fly back singapore? Because it's a 1 way ticket, and ANA/JAL is too expensive.

Sent from dala dala using GAGT

starun

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
First time in Tokyo and Kyoto!

Intend to spend 1.5 days in Kyoto and 5.5 days in Tokyo.

Any interesting ones to add on to this list? Do advise:)! It could include both touristy/non touristy places.

Agenda in order of ranking:
1. Experiences & views
2. Food
3. Sightseeing & light shopping

Am listing the places down before firming itinerary, accom not booked.

Traveling as a couple. Period: End Oct

Kyoto
1. Arashiyama Bamboo Forest
2. Fushimi Inari-taisha Shrine
3. Nara Deer Park

Toyko
1. Tsukiji Fish Market
2. Disneysea
3. Shibuya Crossing
4. Pokemon Center
5. Fuji ( for views? Need not climb)

Thank you!

nemo88

Reaction score
Scoot stops over in Taipei (or is that Tiger? One of them at least)

You can't avoid a domestic sector if flying from Hakodate - you either go Sapporo then to Singapore through Bangkok on Thai Airways, or you fly to Haneda/Narita and then to SG.

ash like snow

Master Member
Reaction score
how about scoot? flies to sapporo i think.

Scoot stops over in Taipei (or is that Tiger? One of them at least)

You can't avoid a domestic sector if flying from Hakodate - you either go Sapporo then to Singapore through Bangkok on Thai Airways, or you fly to Haneda/Narita and then to SG.

whats the best/shortest method from HKD to CTS?
which is a better option? to HND/NRT or go CTS?

nemo88

Reaction score
whats the best/shortest method from HKD to CTS?
which is a better option? to HND/NRT or go CTS?

Go NRT/HND can direct back toSG. Go CTS cannot. The choice is obvious if your budget allows.

If you can reverse your itin maybe you can start HKD instead. I feel it's easier to plan the journey home.

ash like snow

Master Member
Reaction score
Go NRT/HND can direct back toSG. Go CTS cannot. The choice is obvious if your budget allows.

If you can reverse your itin maybe you can start HKD instead. I feel it's easier to plan the journey home.

just to ask, for ANA/JAL theres some fixed 10,000 yen explorer ticket if fly within japan right? cos my route is OSA>TYO>HOKKAIDO, so ill need to fly from TYO to HKD and end it with sapporo?

anyhowsaysay

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My last destination for the trip is hakodate to Singapore, and I realised there's no direct flight even for ANA or JAL.

Any cheaper options (airline) to fly back singapore? Because it's a 1 way ticket, and ANA/JAL is too expensive.

Sent from dala dala using GAGT

Hakodate you can fly back to Tokyo. Domestic flight cost around 10k Yen for one way.
After you reach Tokyo got many choices to fly back to Singapore.

anyhowsaysay

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
First time in Tokyo and Kyoto!

Intend to spend 1.5 days in Kyoto and 5.5 days in Tokyo.

Any interesting ones to add on to this list? Do advise:)! It could include both touristy/non touristy places.

Agenda in order of ranking:
1. Experiences & views
2. Food
3. Sightseeing & light shopping

Am listing the places down before firming itinerary, accom not booked.

Traveling as a couple. Period: End Oct

Kyoto
1. Arashiyama Bamboo Forest
2. Fushimi Inari-taisha Shrine
3. Nara Deer Park

Toyko
1. Tsukiji Fish Market
2. Disneysea
3. Shibuya Crossing
4. Pokemon Center
5. Fuji ( for views? Need not climb)

Thank you!

1.5 days seems short for Kyoto unless u going to do Bamboo Forest + Fushimi Inari as 1 day
and then Nara Park as half day? Nara normally people will go Todaiji as well.
For Arashiyama, worth to go Tenryuji.

For Tokyo, Mount Fuji u will need to go Kawaguchiko. Maybe make it a 1 overnight onsen trip at ryokan there.

starun

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yep intend to do bamboo forest and inari in a day, would there be enough time to add in tenryuji?

For Tokyo,
We will love the onsen/ryokan experience! Will it be tight for an overnight onsen near Fuji considering the many other places we aim to explore?

This is regards to the transportation time, and would it be worth to stay at Fuji area, (what could be the itinerary over at Kawaguchiko/Fuji area for a day?).

Appreciate!

1.5 days seems short for Kyoto unless u going to do Bamboo Forest + Fushimi Inari as 1 day
and then Nara Park as half day? Nara normally people will go Todaiji as well.
For Arashiyama, worth to go Tenryuji.

For Tokyo, Mount Fuji u will need to go Kawaguchiko. Maybe make it a 1 overnight onsen trip at ryokan there.

Estella83

Reaction score
hi,

can help to translate this for me?

*電話番号は、市外局番から入力してください。(A_14A_2A_04A)

anyhowsaysay

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yep intend to do bamboo forest and inari in a day, would there be enough time to add in tenryuji?

For Tokyo,
We will love the onsen/ryokan experience! Will it be tight for an overnight onsen near Fuji considering the many other places we aim to explore?

This is regards to the transportation time, and would it be worth to stay at Fuji area, (what could be the itinerary over at Kawaguchiko/Fuji area for a day?).

Appreciate!

Bamboo forest is at the rear exit of Tenryuji. So most people would go to Tenryuji and then proceed to bamboo forest.

As for onsen, depends on you. In Kawaguchiko there are some ryokan with private in room outdoor onsen. From the onsen you can view Mount Fuji and relax. Also got chance to sleep on Futon on tatami floor in some ryokan. I think Japan trip would be incomplete without a stay in onsen ryokan.

anyhowsaysay

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hi,

can help to translate this for me?

*電話番号は、市外局番から入力してください。(A_14A_2A_04A)

Are you trying to book rooms via their Japanese homepage. They require you to enter your phone number in the field (Japanese phone number because they assume only Japanese will book it). The translation is please enter your phone number from area code

ash like snow

Master Member
Reaction score
Hakodate you can fly back to Tokyo. Domestic flight cost around 10k Yen for one way.
After you reach Tokyo got many choices to fly back to Singapore.

i've found scoot CTS-SIN 1way but around $600... worth?
it says direct flight, night time departure.. 5am reach sg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.