Ask me any questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

ash like snow

Master Member
Reaction score
Yeah CTS more options for getting to SG than HKD. Did you check Thai Airways? Try pricing a round trip I've heard it costs as little as $400. Then you just fly back to SG and don't use the SG-CTS portion. Cheaper than Scoot.

Hmm I just searched... And the cheapest is via KR air, $600+ with bad timing (morning fly). Maybe those budget airlines like scoot haven't release till may?

Sent from dala dala using GAGT

nemo88

Reaction score
Cool... I guess you already bought your flight to Korea? Since you mentioned that you saw a Korean airlines flight from Sapporo, maybe you can try buying round trip SIN-ICN, and RT ICN-Japan, see if you can buy open jaw ICN-TYO CTS-ICN might be cheaper?

ash like snow

Master Member
Reaction score
Cool... I guess you already bought your flight to Korea? Since you mentioned that you saw a Korean airlines flight from Sapporo, maybe you can try buying round trip SIN-ICN, and RT ICN-Japan, see if you can buy open jaw ICN-TYO CTS-ICN might be cheaper?

haha nope, im still looking for kr tickets.
right now im eyeing asiana airlines 1way to kr... but cost $600, still deciding cos the price is similar to 2way trip's.

for ICN to KIX, i intend to take budget airlines like peach/jin/jeju air which cant be booked yet cos too early now.

for KIX to TYO will be using shinkasen :)

nemo88

Reaction score
haha nope, im still looking for kr tickets.
right now im eyeing asiana airlines 1way to kr... but cost $600, still deciding cos the price is similar to 2way trip's.

for ICN to KIX, i intend to take budget airlines like peach/jin/jeju air which cant be booked yet cos too early now.

for KIX to TYO will be using shinkasen :)

Yah see if can take advantage of round trips and open jaw (same country dif airports). Coz even though you can take budget airline from ICN-KIX if end up having to buy more expensive ticket from Sapporo then also no gain.

Good luck!! :s36:

ash like snow

Master Member
Reaction score
Yah see if can take advantage of round trips and open jaw (same country dif airports). Coz even though you can take budget airline from ICN-KIX if end up having to buy more expensive ticket from Sapporo then also no gain.

Good luck!! :s36:

haha thanks, will continue to look around first :)

anyway got a few more qns to ask!!

1) cause my trip is next year end of april's, is it too early now to book hotels now?

2) for tokyo, as my bro will be joining me from 2nd day onwards (cause he dw to go disney), so i'll need to put day1 tokyo for disney..
assuming i take the first shinkasen, reaching tokyo around 830am..

i intend to stay near disney for day1 to avoid wasting more time. is maihama or tokyo station a btr choice? (for 3 pax in a room)

then 2nd day onwards i'll check out and change hotel, though i preferred to stay in shibuya/shinjuku, but which will be a btr place to stay? or remain as tokyo station throughout?

nemo88

Reaction score
For hotels since you are going April which is peak period, no harm to book now but I would only book those which are fully refundable or have free cancellation, then keep searching for better options/rates. Not all hotels release their rooms for booking so far in advance, or don't load their promo rates.

As for DW, I'm not much help there as I am not a Disney person hahahaha. I'm sure someone else can chime in!

Personally I prefer staying in Shinjuku but I don't think you can go wrong with the 3 places. I've stayed in all 3 locations and would do so again, just depends on my itinerary. Do you already know what you are doing in Tokyo?

ash like snow

Master Member
Reaction score
For hotels since you are going April which is peak period, no harm to book now but I would only book those which are fully refundable or have free cancellation, then keep searching for better options/rates. Not all hotels release their rooms for booking so far in advance, or don't load their promo rates.

As for DW, I'm not much help there as I am not a Disney person hahahaha. I'm sure someone else can chime in!

Personally I prefer staying in Shinjuku but I don't think you can go wrong with the 3 places. I've stayed in all 3 locations and would do so again, just depends on my itinerary. Do you already know what you are doing in Tokyo?

cause i'll only have 3 days in tokyo, below is my iti:
(purpose: eat n shop only)

day1 - disneysea
day2 - Harajuku & Shinjuku
day3 - Tsukiji Market, Tokyo station & Shibuya

the last trip i went to shinjuku and i think its nt my type of place, though many ppl said there's alot of things there but no?
those higher-end shopping malls there seems a bit boring. or did i missed out any places?

nemo88

Reaction score
cause i'll only have 3 days in tokyo, below is my iti:
(purpose: eat n shop only)

day1 - disneysea

the last trip i went to shinjuku and i think its nt my type of place, though many ppl said there's alot of things there but no?
those higher-end shopping malls there seems a bit boring. or did i missed out any places?

Shinjuku is a big area so really depends on which part you walk around. Plenty of shopping outside of the non-high end dept stores but given your limited time I would probably lean towards Shibuya/Tokyo station. If you don't have anything specific to do in Shinjuku then skip it for your 3 day trip - many other places to go that are more interesting. Shibuya can go Daikanyama area, around Harajuku can explore Omotesando/Cat Alley.

bluetwinkle

Reaction score
Yeah CTS more options for getting to SG than HKD. Did you check Thai Airways? Try pricing a round trip I've heard it costs as little as $400. Then you just fly back to SG and don't use the SG-CTS portion. Cheaper than Scoot.
I happened to see this. AFAIK, most tickets, especially those bought on promo, will become cancelled the moment you do not travel on a certain sector of the itinerary. Therefore, unless one is sure of the travel condition, do not buy a multiple flights air ticket with intention to use only some.

ash like snow

Master Member
Reaction score
Shinjuku is a big area so really depends on which part you walk around. Plenty of shopping outside of the non-high end dept stores but given your limited time I would probably lean towards Shibuya/Tokyo station. If you don't have anything specific to do in Shinjuku then skip it for your 3 day trip - many other places to go that are more interesting. Shibuya can go Daikanyama area, around Harajuku can explore Omotesando/Cat Alley.

day1 - disneysea

hmm actually i dont think i would need the whole day in harajuku, so i would have some time to explore shinjuku. can you intro other places in shinjuku to shop/eat? cause i only went to those shopping malls previously! :s12:

for tokyo station, previously i only shopped inside the metro (character st), any other places to intro too? (other than shopping malls!)

nemo88

Reaction score
What do you like doing? When you say eat and shop what's your budget and what kind of things do you buy?

I love Tokyu Hands and can spend hours in there!! Lol. Also I spend a lot of time in the depachikas (dept store basement supermarket areas), Isetan's is a favourite.

Tokyo Station I feel is more a place to stay for convenience than for sightseeing or shopping etc.

ash like snow

Master Member
Reaction score
What do you like doing? When you say eat and shop what's your budget and what kind of things do you buy?

I love Tokyu Hands and can spend hours in there!! Lol. Also I spend a lot of time in the depachikas (dept store basement supermarket areas), Isetan's is a favourite.

Tokyo Station I feel is more a place to stay for convenience than for sightseeing or shopping etc.

budget wise, not really but not to the extent of over few hundred!
oh i went tokyu hands too!! but not my type of place too hehe.
im more into food and clothing, or some special craft items!

i tried their basement food hall in isetan/taka and i love it! most of the time go there for this too haha

s7460597

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If around Tokyo station, can take a wake down to yurakucho and ginza. The international forum building is quite cool to me. Looks futuristic even though built in 1991.

Can walk around marunouchi and then towards imperial palace gardens. Just opposite the palace is a garden which is good place to sit and chill for a while.

ash like snow

Master Member
Reaction score
If around Tokyo station, can take a wake down to yurakucho and ginza. The international forum building is quite cool to me. Looks futuristic even though built in 1991.

Can walk around marunouchi and then towards imperial palace gardens. Just opposite the palace is a garden which is good place to sit and chill for a while.

Hey I walked ard marunouchi last trip and it seems there's nth much so I walled back to character st hahaaha.

ash like snow

Master Member
Reaction score
Anyway I just checked on Korean airlinefor multi cities and it cost $1255 for the below!

SIN-ICN
ICN-KIX
KIX-HND
CTS-SIN

For KIX-HND, it says 7am flight and reached HND at 8.10am.

Compared to shinkasen first train, reaching HND at 8.40am...

Which is better? If I decides to remove KIX-HND, it cost $1098.

Only con is I've to wake earlier for the check in since it's 7am flight.

evilerniex

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyway I just checked on Korean airlinefor multi cities and it cost $1255 for the below!

SIN-ICN
ICN-KIX
KIX-HND
CTS-SIN

For KIX-HND, it says 7am flight and reached HND at 8.10am.

Compared to shinkasen first train, reaching HND at 8.40am...

Which is better? If I decides to remove KIX-HND, it cost $1098.

Only con is I've to wake earlier for the check in since it's 7am flight.

wow... that is a lot of places u are covering in a trip! how many weeks are u going to be there?

for 7am flight, u probably need to be at airport before 6am? which means u need to set leave at 5am if u are staying in osaka. do check if transport is available tt early.

wat airline u taking from CTS to SIN? will it be better to take KIX-CTS, then CTS to HND. so u have direct flight back to sg from HND?

anyhowsaysay

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yeah 7am flight at KIX is super early.
Typically domestic flight maybe 1 hour earlier need to arrive
The First train out of Osaka will reach KIX at 6:09, very tight timing even for domestic flight.
For Kyoto, not possible by train, earlier u reach plane already fly away

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.