If you're thinking of buying a Secretlab chair... do NOT. Winter will come.

Brisance

Reaction score
UPDATE: The Secretlab team reached out to me - supposedly this peeling happens to a small minority of users, primarily caused by prolonged exposure to sweat. The good news - they're offering replacements for anyone affected. I think it's a great step forward (it's not a small cost at all, one can imagine), and I very much appreciate it. Plus points for service recovery. They've earned my respect.

It will come in the form of your chair peeling. It will Snow white and black flakes all over your room. For $500, it’s advertised as the ‘crème de la crème’ of chairs. When buying it, I figured to pay a bit more for a quality one that would last me.

This ‘Premium quality’, ‘durable’, made with ‘High quality core materials’ chair lasted me 15 months before it started to peel simultaneously in multiple places including the sides. Usage may Varys, but It’s probably not just a super abrasive butt mistreating the chair. It hasn’t seen direct sunlight, just regular ol’ Singapore humidity, like every other chair for home use.

Support offered to replace the seat and backrest leather for $150, about 30% of the chair itself. Plus a very generous complimentary bottle of ‘premium’ leather cleaner. $150 for another brief 15 months before my chair turns Greyscale and my room Castle Black? Not today.

It’s not all doom and gloom. It’s a comfortable chair for sure, and the mechanisms have held up well. It’s just that if you’re expecting it to last you for years to come, I implore you - don’t get Littlefingered.

Last edited:

commach

Great Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
How does a bottle of ‘premium’ leather cleaner prevent pealing from PU "leather" or clean it?

Mobbyland

Reaction score
Oh wow... mine is at the 12th month now still fine. Gonna get some leather conditional hopefully to make it last.

shadey

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
How does a bottle of ‘premium’ leather cleaner prevent pealing from PU "leather" or clean it?

It does not. It's the same thing that happens to headset cushions or those PV leather sofas. Peel peel peel.

K202020K

Master Member
Reaction score
Good quality PVC leather don't peel, from my experience.
Last time I've got one Ikea office chair also had the same problem. It's due to the inferior materials supplied by sub-standard vendors.

Moral of the thread : expensive products are not 100% confirmed to be defects-free, & low price products can be quite lasting, sometimes

Sent from Nagasaki長崎, Japan日本 using GAGT

Koenig168

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
It will come in the form of your chair peeling. It will Snow white and black flakes all over your room. For $500, it’s advertised as the ‘crème de la crème’ of chairs. When buying it, I figured to pay a bit more for a quality one that would last me.

Secretlab is hardly ‘crème de la crème’, certainly not with PU "leather".

Supersen

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
TS, how long did you purchase the secretlab chair?

why so jialet until like that :eek:

chaoswar

Reaction score
I thought of buy the titan , look like my dxracer last better , been using for nearly 3yrs

Brisance

Reaction score
TS, how long did you purchase the secretlab chair?

why so jialet until like that :eek:

Since Dec 2015, so coming to 2 years. But the peeling started at 15 months.

If it's an extra sweaty back causing faster wear and tear, maybe can understand, but even the sides peel to such an extreme, I feel like it speaks to the overall durability

lifeishard

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Can you or anyone hit your seat cushion and see if there's a lot of dust flying out? Mine is those fabric seat from q10, accidentally hit the cushion seat and I saw so much dust so planning to go fake leather seat now.

Supersen

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Since Dec 2015, so coming to 2 years. But the peeling started at 15 months.

If it's an extra sweaty back causing faster wear and tear, maybe can understand, but even the sides peel to such an extreme, I feel like it speaks to the overall durability

report to secretlab and make a complain to them on facebook, hopefully they will reply or rebate some warranty or replacement

let us know your outcome too!

this outcome will undermine the confidence of existing and new secretlab owners sia!

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.